rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Apr 29 2013 9:10 PM

Teri:

I love the simplicity of your borders. would you mind sharing how you did the corners of the border? Thanks :)

If you're talking about mine... thank you :)  .. .the corners are just 9 patches on point.  I figured it would add continuity yet give simplicity and leave the focus on the body of the quilt.

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 210
Points 4,540

Posted my quilt top to the media section.  There were a few times I want to quit.  It seemed all I was doing was frogging.  I'm glad I didn't, my top isn't perfect but neither am I so we are a perfect match lol.

Northern VA

"Fabricologist Resource Center" ...now doesn't that sound more impressive than "fabric stash" ?

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Lashawng23. I'm glad you didn't quilt. It turned out lovely.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Judy T-Bellingham:

Lashawng23. I'm glad you didn't quilt. It turned out lovely.

Mistype. I meant.. I'm glad you didn't QUIT. clumsy fingers

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

Debbie,

You should be very proud!!!  Your quilt is wonderful, congratulations.

Kathy in MI.

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

Donna,

You also should be very proud of your quilt.  It is beautiful!!

Also,   NANA,

This is my first mystery quilt participation and I am extemely pleased with my quilts so far.  Which means that I have all my pieces sewn for the 3 mystery quilts that I am making, now I just have to sew all the rows together. Whew, thats ALL??  lol.  Now, as for the next one.  You need to do what is best for you and your hubby at this time.  Certainly I have enough work ahead of me so please this is only a question from a first time participant  - -  How much time is there between mystery quilts?  Would the next one start soon or is there a month or so before the next one starts?  I am in no hurry, just a question because I want to learn the ins and outs of CQA. Thanks for all your help and inspiration everyone.  It is certainly a pleasure to see everyones masterpieces!!

Kathy in MI.

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 710
jadavn replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:09 AM

Judy,

I also feel your pain. I have had to rip out small sections on occasion as well. I also agree that it is not that bad in the grand scheme of things, but it would drive me crazy as well; even if no one else ever noticed it. Give yourself a little break and come back to it when you're not feeling the need to shred it. (At least that's how I feel when I think I'm done and find something out of whack. Good luck. I am a little jealous though; I'm not even close to done yet.

San Jose, CA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:18 AM

I have the blocks done.  Working on the big corners now.  So tomorrow I should be doing the cornerstone rows.  Seeing everyones and my completed blocks I'm rethinking on the border fabric.  Probably wont go patriotic on it afterall, as the fabric I had chosen had dogs on it but seeing the block done I think it clashes.  This has been a challenging quilt for me but I think its gonna be beautiful when finished.  I'd love tofind a maywood studio luna in blue for it but I've been searching my fabric stores and their out of color.  Nana thanks again for all the work and time yo put into creating this lovely quilt design.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:00 AM

Everyone has such beautiful tops.  My border fabrics did not work - but I will get kitchen curtains out of one of them and the other to the stash.

I have to go shopping now.  I am so sad  - not!

I am leaning toward just getting more of my colors and staying solid.

I don't want the yellow I used as dark as the outside border, so I probably will do a combo Debbie's corner 9 patches and Donna's alleys so I can get the blue out there.

Hopefully I will get it done by the weekend.

Thanks for all you did on this Nana.  This was my first MQ, had some real challenges with the small pieces, but I would do a MQ again.  Just have to remember to wait on the border so the quilt can talk to me. I had been told this before, but didn't listen very well.  Still learning.

Great job everyone!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 410
Teri replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 6:52 AM

Thank you for sharing. By the way I am a newbie and this was my first mystery quilt.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:31 AM

Kathy

We usually do 2 MQs a year.   One in the spring and one in the fall.   The next one will probably start Sept or Oct.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:35 AM

Donna

Your quilt turned out beautifully and I love the way you did your borders.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,560
Jan replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:59 AM

Nana,

I have done MQ3 through MQ 8. 

MQ's are so wonderful.  I thank you and the other moderators for the time you put into them for us. I know MQ 3 was from an outside designer and I am still using the stacks of extra triangles in applique, and for teaching the granddaughters how to sew straight seams.  I also know MQ 7 was from an outside designer.  I bought their fabrics for the MQ and did not get what I needed, nor did I ever get a call back from them when I left several messages. I definitely will NOT do that again.  That said, my intention is to keep playing along.  If you making your design is easier, I am game. But since DH is ill and this is work, I do not want to see you put any more work into it than you are comfortable with.

Jan in Rochester, NY

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:24 PM

loving what I am seeing. Love this MQ. I wish I would have gotten my borders done before back to work but no. Dh dragged me off to buy wood to rebuuild my front porch. And now all the BOM will be out tomorrow

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:40 PM

I finished ! Now on to the back, I'm using my border material on the back.  I liked it on the front but when I saw the picture Nana put in the directions, I liked it plain like that one.  I love seeing all the different choices.

Page 9 of 21 (302 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use