Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,120
bootz864 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 12:16 PM

Hi Wendy,  I tried to put a photo in the media section but it wouldnt updload for me, maybe others are having the same problem? I love to see all the different colors too so i check the posts all day :)

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 1:39 PM

You know Judy, the Amish do that on purpose.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

weezee56:

You know Judy, the Amish do that on purpose.

Thanks, but doubt if I could pass for the gentle and kind Amish. I guess I could leave it as is and make a note on the label that it's a Mystery Quilt and one piece is deliberately misplaced.

George suggested I put 3 or 4 little black cat appliques, in various placed, placed to look like they are crouching or running in the sashing. One could cover the boo boo.

Might be an idea but I'll have to think about that. I'll probably just ribbit and fixit.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:08 PM

Judy if you like to applique, I would go for that. 1st it sounds so cute and would look good with the pink. 2nd, I found a couple of mine after I had squared my blocks. I couldn't get them back in, I had to make new HST because they were to small on the one side after the squaring. sounds like it could be a pain maybe

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:11 PM

I am ready to put the thrid and  final border on my MQ8.First border was my dark fabric, second was my light fabric, and the final is a shade or two darker than my dark fabric. I sure hope it looks okay. I wanted some sort of print but, when I went shopping I couldn't find anything I liked. I will post a picture when I get it on. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 2:57 PM

Karla , I really like how yours turned out. Really love the circles. I dont know how true the colors are but I really like it. Not sure but it is almost like an Arabian or eastern flare to it. 

DH couldnt figure out why your a head of me. I looked at him blankly. Guess he thought the border was part of the steps and wanted to know how you got a step before me lol men.....

Oh did I tell you that when I told him I wasnt sure if I had enough material , he said , he could see material all over the place... men... dont they know that material wont work.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 3:02 PM

Wendy :

Why is no one posting their quilt tops in the media section of this group?  In the past this is what we have done because they are easier to see, and don't get lost in all the posts.

Ladies, ALL the quilts look GREAT!!!!  I like Wendy was looking for the pictures in the Media section, it is so much easier to look at everyone's progress in one place and not getting lost in all the posts.

GREAT JOB LADIES.....

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Oh my!!  They all look so beautiful!   Well....thank you Nana -->  I actually made a quilt!!  And I'm quite happy with it!  YAY!!   I don't do things easy, though.   This is my first quilt.  But, I wanted it for my bedroom, which has a queen-sized bed.   So, here is mine...completed (well, without batting, backing and quilting--> if I can do that):

I am soooooo excited about this piece, as is my special friend, Billy, who helped with the fabric, the measuring, etc.  Wooo Hooo!!!   Thank YOU, Nana!!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 3:19 PM

nice beth

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 4:05 PM

Everyone's quilt look amazing.  I want to say that i really love the reverse blocks. it really gives a new perspective. I didn't want to look before I had my blocks together. I'm now officially done with the blocks too.  Here is mine. I just need to decide how I want to border it.  

Next I want to say thank you Nana for leading this MQ. It was a fun challenge. As a moderator/teacher, you help us explore other  options and challenge ourselves out of our comfort zone.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Thanks so much, Tami!  :)

walla2butterfly:

nice beth

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 5:52 PM

I finished my top, and with the extra border it will measure 68 X 79.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,679
Points 120,550

Weezee, It is really beautiful. I love the deep green fabric.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,137
Points 17,530
weezee56 replied on Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:05 PM

Thank you Judy. I can't seem to get the picture to load in the media section of MQ8. I'll try later.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

Judy T-Bellingham:

Then, just took another photo and felt like crying. Can you see it?

Just one little corner, but think how many city streets are under construction.  You just put in a flag for construction area. :)

Page 6 of 21 (302 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use