Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 4:21 PM

okay so I got the Mystery part done, now to do the creative part. Just love this pattern. I realized how much when I was ironing the top, just so much going on. I think I have a name for mine but I will wait until I get the rest done before I christian it. 

Wanted to say who ever said something about using this pattern for some roman blinds what a great idea. I have been looking for some I have been looking for some inspiration like that.

Okay well here is my pic. Sorry about the pic. I had no one around to help me with the pic,and we have some uky grey skies today, so not a good pic day. Maybe i will have better luck when I finish it. Thanks again Nana , and I feel sorry for who ever has to follow this MQ, you have made this a tuff act to follow

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

Tami,your quilt is just beautiful. I do like the reversed dark/light. Great job.  If I want to make this pattern again, I'll probably reverse it also.

Grey skies in Walla Walla? I thought the sun never set over there?  We are overcast and chilly over here in Bellingham but that's normal for us. We actually had 4 days of sun in a row this past week.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 5:57 PM

Tami and Sharon

Beautiful quilts.   I love them both.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:06 PM

Help,,,, I cant find the layout sheet.  I am stuck.  I have the upper left one done,  dont understand where do go from here.    For me the directions seem to be missing steps or maybe making assumption that I am not getting.  For the second row.  Do I make 2 blocks like the upper left,  add a block with a sashing in between them and then long sashing along all three blocks with the squares added on both end?  I guess I am dense. I dont  understand.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,246
Points 19,420
weezee56 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:20 PM

Helen it looks great.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:29 PM

Hi Donna, guess I will step in... I went what! at first too. Then I looked at one that was posted and picked up that we were putting together on an angle instead of rows. 

Then I couldn't find the lay out sheet , this is what I did. I got out a highlighter, and started highlighting the steps as I did them. Seem to help me, and I use the highlighter to mark out the rows in the picture as I completed them.  No I never found any step to sew the dark squares to the the light 8 in strips but I figured I could do that on my own. But like I said I moved slowly and highlighted the steps as I went. I did the first half , then worked the opposite end, moving toward the center. Remember the med. size triangles are for the corners. the large ones are for the end of the 8 inch blocks and the small are for the ends of the sashing. Also I found that the second picture is upside down. ( I really struggled with that) 

Anyway I dont know if that helps you  or not but I hope so

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 6:36 PM

your funny Judy. We may be drier then you guys on the west side but we are still wet. We go weeks on end with grey skies or fogged in during the winter. Now the summer , ya 17.5 hrs of daylight , almost pure sun for days on end. We are backed up against the blue mts, so not as dry as tri-cities and yakima. After all walla walla does mean land of many waters.

I only reversed it because I had some material that I wanted to use up and well it was dark... so I used it in place of the light. Cant wait to see some more of them to get posted.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:29 PM

Walla2butterfly, your top looks great.  I love the blue with the beige.  Oh I am loving everyone's colors.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:43 PM

TY Helen. It is actually a gold with beige and brown ..stems and leaves going through it. but the blue is right lol. Yea I am itching to see some post of what everyone's turned out. I am thinking some are waiting until they get their borders on. Mine is going to take sometime so I posted , sitting here trying to do the math of whether I have enough material to do what I want to do. I just guestimated and it turns out it is really close so I have to go back and do the real math. But I am sure I can get more of the one because the bolt was just started when I bought

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

I took pictures, looked them over carefully at every step of constructing the top. I put the borders on and thought, "I love this one".

Then, just took another photo and felt like crying. Can you see it?

• Post Points: 170
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:32 PM

It's a beautiful quilt, Judy, really love your borders.  The only thing I can see that might be wrong are the four corner blocks only have the cream color on 3 sides.  Is that what you're talking about.  I really had to look long and hard to see that as it is not something that jumps right out at you, and to me it looks like you intended the corners to be that way.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:34 PM

nice job Judy. I can tell you that I had to look and look, started to think it was hiding in the corner there for a min or so.  well like they say it makes it homemade.. When I made my son quilt last Dec. for is B-day. I worked really hard to make sure everything was up right,, and sure enough when it was to late I found one deer upside down. Now I am worried about mine; if it took me so long to find yours. what are your plans for the quilt?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:35 PM

HST is turned the wrong way on the third one from the top,  first row.  So very sorry for you.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 437
Points 11,330
Donna replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 10:37 PM

The only way I could figure out how to but this together was to put each and every piece on the design way looking at the pic and then taken them down one at a time by row and sew them together.  Here is a pic of the first to rows.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,940
Points 125,340

walla2butterfly:
nice job Judy. I can tell you that I had to look and look, started to think it was hiding in the corner there for a min or so.  

walla2butterfly:
what are your plans for the quilt?

It WAS going to be for a friend as the colors are perfect for her.  Perhaps I could just name it "Wrong way on City Streets". George likes it with the mistake. But he tends to prefer the imperfect.

Page 4 of 21 (302 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use