rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 6:58 PM

Debbie:
was waiting to see how it looked before I bought border material and now have to go shopping.   

Debbie, I love your reverse quilt - It just struck my eye this morning and I have been thinking all day that I need to make one in reverse also.  I have several possible choices in my stash, and love this pattern so much, I just might make another. 

Have to bind some quilts first this weekend so I have something to work on in the truck.  I am now back on-the-road-again 2 days a week.  We also have an approx. 200 mile trip with cattle next Wednesday, so really need something to keep my hands busy then.  I won't have receipts to write out on that trip.  Our Monday and Thursday trips are about 150 miles total home to home.  This one will be nearly 400 miles with only one stop along the way to pick up another cow to take to the Dairy cattle sale.  At least these will be prettier than the ones we usually move - they are show-quality Jersey cows.

Have fun shopping for your border fabric (or fabrics).  You can't get just one!!  At least I couldn't.  Something always catches my eye and says "buy me, buy me"

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:29 PM

5 blocks complete for a total of 11.  Here is a pic of the 11 for yall to review and hopefully find NO mistakes.  But as someone else said this is a good way to catch the mistakes early.  Thank you all for your help.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 26,445
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 8:47 PM

Thanks, Marsha.  I had to keep remembering to reverse everything in the directions. Wow, that's some trips!  I find it hard to ride for even short trips with my back like it is. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:13 PM

Nancy

You can definitely share the pattern if they would like to have it.   I am glad that you like your end product.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:15 PM

Helen

The block isn't in the wrong direction.  It is the first section of HSTs that are sewn in the wrong direction.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:20 PM

All of the quilts are turning out so pretty.   You folks have done an amazing job with this pattern.   It seems that most have enjoyed it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 215
Points 3,080
Gina replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:00 PM

I am SOOOOO far behind...I am still on step 2 of this whole thing.  Not sure when I'll have time to catch up or even get it done...hopefully before next winter!  Now that I know how the quilt is supposed to look when it's finished, I am anxious to see my fabric choices in a completed quilt!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:56 PM

Nana:
I am glad that you like your end product.

You're so funny.  I like your end product!  I'm not there yet.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 11:08 PM

Finished the last 7 blocks and here they are for yall to critique, lol.  I hope yall dont find any errors.  If not then in the morning I will square them up, print step 6 and see how far I get.  I do have 4 softball tshirts that I have to embroider team names on before I start on step six,  but I will do the squaring up while the machine does the embroidery work for me.  Here is the pic.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Looks good to me, Donna!  I'm looking forward to seeing your finished top.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:01 AM

Marsha-SM:
I have the last seam to sew on the last 19 blocks, then pressing and sashing next!  Hope to be able to get to assembly tomorrow.

Best laid plans - - - - - - - I thought I would get some sleep this morning then on to sewing!  Ha-ha-ha!  On-the-road-again - - - THREE trucking jobs - - - First hogs, and he needs my help, 2nd - 2 young cows to an auction, then 3rd - 2 young cows to a farmer.  The Amish keep us busy on Saturdays - - - and I seem to be the only available help.   I guess 2 old cripples are better than one!!  I didn't get to finishing the last seam of the blocks last night because Rich was full of talk instead of sleeping in his chair.  It is hard to hold a conversation with him watching the football draft in the living room and me at the sewing machine in the kitchen.  Maybe I can get to the fun assembly part this afternoon, if there is anything left of both time and ME after the trucking.  I have to bind quilts tomorrow, so my fun will have to wait until probably next Friday!!  Wednesday should be MY day, but we are taking that long trucking trip then!!

Have fun without me today!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 368
Points 6,485
Helen replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 8:41 AM

Thanks Nana. I realized that after I posted.  I just put the whole thing aside until I finished punishing myself with a bar of chocolate :-)

My head is clear today and after doing some errands I will tackle it.  I found a few more that need to be frogged as well.  No matter how careful I am an oops is bound to happen on every quilt.  Does this happen to any of you?  Have a super day everyone!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,120
bootz864 replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 1:30 PM

Almost done! I need to add the rest of the boarders, i think a strip of purple and then the print. I am calling my City Streets at Night :)

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 368
Points 6,485
Helen replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 2:14 PM

Bootz your quilt looks fantastic! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 410
Teri replied on Sat, Apr 27 2013 3:39 PM

Looks fantastic! Love your border. Hope I can find a good one to go with my dark purple and pink.

Page 3 of 21 (302 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use