Discussion and Questions regarding step 6

rated by 0 users
This post has 301 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 7:19 AM

Debbie,

I really like the reverse version.  Beautiful!

Beve

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,782
Points 122,475

Debbie, it is really beautiful. 

Thanks Nana,  I like this pattern.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 370
Points 6,510
Helen replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 9:15 AM

Debbie:

Judy T-Bellingham:
Anyone else up and sewing?

Judy - yep, been up all night and almost done, have the 4th row to do and then sew it to 5 & 6 and then to the top half.  I like to make it in halves and sew the halves together.  Not so much fabric to work with.  here's what it looks like now

Very striking in reverse Debbie!  This may be a pattern I try (sometime in the future) in reverse colors.  My border fabric is now looking pretty nice next to my blocks.  Am so excited about this quilt!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 410
Teri replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 10:20 AM

This is very nice!!!! I like the reverse colors.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:47 PM

Nana:
Final step everyone. 

Oooo, Nana, you've outdone yourself!  Love this!  I'm heading off to a local retreat on Monday, so I'll bring this project along to finish and everyone will be so impressed!  Can I share the pattern with them if they'd like it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 12:49 PM

Debbie:

Here's what it looks like now

Debbie, the reverse look is awesome!  Can't wait to see how you border it.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,578
Points 26,445
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 1:00 PM

MNnancy:
Debbie, the reverse look is awesome!  Can't wait to see how you border it.

Thanks, MNnancy.  haven't decided on a border yet, other than a 1.5 inch of purple, then a purple and white ??  - don't know till I see it.  was waiting to see how it looked before I bought border material and now have to go shopping.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 370
Points 6,510
Helen replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:08 PM

Been busy sewing up a storm today.  Got all my blocks sewn.  Will work on borders tomorrow.

Now time to take a reading breather :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 370
Points 6,510
Helen replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:09 PM

Yikes, I just saw a block in the wrong direction...glad I spotted it now before I finished it....dang!!!!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 605
Points 10,645
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 3:17 PM

oops I think I see 3. I have 3 to redo to. I set them aside earlier this week I am afraid because of squaring up I may have to remake the HST because they are to small now. But now I am working on the final step. 1/2 done, I am now going to go back and address the HST

They are looking so nice. So great full to the presentation in reverse as I was staring blankly this morning trying to wrap my brain around what to do and to do it backwards.  Thanks

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Oops again! I think I see 9!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 4:23 PM

...and that's a lesson for everyone here...  

Take a photo of your quilt before working on the border.  Ask someone else to look at your photo.  We've been staring at these little pieces for far too long to spot the HSTs that are pointing the wrong way!  Aaarghhh!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 5:19 PM

Everyone's quilts are looking great.  I reversed my colors also, i just wish i could get someone to sew it for me, still working on the 1inch strips been slacking alot LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

I'm slacking, too. Well, I shouldn't say 'slacking' because I have been busy doing chores. This weekend is the last weekend I have to burn so I'll be in the yard all weekend. :-(  I'd much rather be sewing. I am anxious to get mine done and anxious to see everybody else's!! The quilts I've seen thus far are beauties!!

Great job, Nana!! Thank you! I hope all is going well with your DH.

MaryAnn

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Fri, Apr 26 2013 6:38 PM

MNnancy:

...and that's a lesson for everyone here...  

Take a photo of your quilt before working on the border.  Ask someone else to look at your photo.  We've been staring at these little pieces for far too long to spot the HSTs that are pointing the wrong way!  Aaarghhh!

Good idea, Nancy.  Sorry for all the oops, everyone!!  I caught 2 while I was assembling my blocks today - one twisted HST and one off-center 9 patch.  Was able to easily repair them as I was putting them together - the 9 patch had enough seam allowance to just shift it a little.  It must have slipped when I was trimming it with the Shape-cut ruler.  I do my trimming in my lap and that big ruler is quite clumsy to use on a lap board.  I just got a new ruler yesterday, also from June Tailor, called the Fringe Cut.  It is much smaller and has the same 1/2 inch slots plus a dotted line at the 1/4" point between slots 1 and 2.  I have put a piece of blue tape on my Shape-cut at that point for cutting 1/4" measurements, and it has worked very well.  It is 12 slots wide with 6 lines 1" apart across the slots.  I think this will be easier for me to handle on my 12" x 18" Quilter's Cut 'n Press, also June Tailor.  I just looked on her site to see if she had something smaller, and discovered this ruler and it was on SALE!  That was last week so I don't know if it is still on sale now.  I have the last seam to sew on the last 19 blocks, then pressing and sashing next!  Hope to be able to get to assembly tomorrow.

Hope your frogging goes smoothly!  I hope I have caught all my goofs and don't have to join the rest of you.

Marsha - Western New York

Page 2 of 21 (302 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use