Discussion and Questions re Step 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 194 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 500
Points 10,050
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 2:17 PM

Finally finished step 5...wow!! I am cross eyed now.....that took a lot of patience and pinning...glad to be done. Most came out really good have a few wonky ones but overall I am happy with the results.

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,800
Points 122,995

tnmtgrl:

Finally finished step 5...wow!! I am cross eyed now.....that took a lot of patience and pinning...glad to be done. Most came out really good have a few wonky ones but overall I am happy with the results.

Jen, that's the way I feel; not perfect but perfectly good. I have them all on the wall in what I think will be the final design.  Playing with border designs. Not sure yet what I'm going to do but I'm getting closer.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 500
Points 10,050
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 3:29 PM

Judy...mine are on the wall too....my border is picked out but now I'm not sure, I don't really like the floral border with the geometric pattern of the blocks....I might have to shop for something else...what a shame...lol

newport, tennessee

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,800
Points 122,995

tnmtgrl:

Judy...mine are on the wall too....my border is picked out but now I'm not sure, I don't really like the floral border with the geometric pattern of the blocks....I might have to shop for something else...what a shame...lol

Jen, that is exactly the issue I'm having. I have a lovely black and pink floral but the harsh black and the round flowers aren't talking to me. I'm playing with making a border with strips of the two quilt fabrics (pink and white) along with the black floral to see if I can make it work. If not, heigh Ho heigh ho off to the store I go.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,139
gini replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 3:47 PM

I'm very jealous of all you guys with your blocks ;finished.   My little featherweight is in pieces, with tiny screw laying all over.   I should have been sewing today, not fiddling with a machine.

gini in north idaho

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 500
Points 10,050
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 4:21 PM

I don't know what I am going to do...have to look thru my stash to get ideas...note to self..next MQ wait until blocks are done before buying the border fabric. I'll have to play with my quilt pro program to try different fabrics...have fun at the store Judy...

newport, tennessee

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,585
Points 26,580
Debbie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 4:56 PM

I got 5 more blocks done last night and almost all the segments sewn, just need to sew it all together.  I can't say that I won't be sad to see this step leave.  I have frogged more than ever before on this one step.  Bring on Friday and step 6!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:04 PM

Hey now Bayla,  if yall could look close you would see some wonky seams, etc.  March marked my second year as a quilter.  I feel I have so much to learn.  And yall have helped me a great deal.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,196
Points 18,410
weezee56 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:25 PM

I Got all my block ready for step 6.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,120
bootz864 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:33 PM

Here is a pic of my wonky block and possible boarder fabric

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,120
bootz864 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:35 PM

Me too Debbie! I cant wait for Friday I have no idea what will become of the triangles we have left. :)

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:43 PM

gini:

I'm very jealous of all you guys with your blocks ;finished.   My little featherweight is in pieces, with tiny screw laying all over.   I should have been sewing today, not fiddling with a machine.

Gini, if your in Branson, i will just bring you my machine and you can sew mine and yours:)

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:56 PM

I've got eighteen blocks finished and up on the wall but can't even guess  what we'll be doing with the 2.5X8 light rectangles or the rest of the dark cuts other than maybe some for setting triangles. The blocks make such interesting secondary designs when all together I'd rather not have sashing break up the patterns. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until Sunday night. The design is so geometric I'm not sure I like my floral for a border, I may try several narrow borders and/or a pieced border.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 310
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 5:58 PM

gini:
My little featherweight is in pieces, with tiny screw laying all over

Gini, didn't you have two featherweights? Did you actually sell one?

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 6:26 PM

Can't wait to get started on step 5!  I still gotta square up that last phase of step 4, but I'm motivated to whip out a block of step 5 tonight! ;-)

Page 10 of 13 (195 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use