Discussion and Questions re Step 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 194 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 370
Points 6,510
Helen replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:50 PM

Everyone's blocks look amazing!  Was busy with family visiting from out of town and plan on getting my blocks started on this weekend. 

Looking forward to seeing the next step!  Love what has been done so far!! 

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 3:33 PM

I have 3 blocks done, and all my strips are ready to put together. I'm sure glad there was a little room to trim those HST's, I've never had them look so good,

so thanks,Nana!

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Wow!!  That's awesome looking, Debbie!!  Beeee-u-ti-ful!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 26,485
Debbie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:07 PM

Thanks, Bethiebear.  Yours is beeee-u-ti-ful, too. Its amazing all the different versions we've all done. Great job, lsdies!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 410
Teri replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:33 PM

Those went together very nicely. Have you picked your border yet?

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 710
jadavn replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 10:58 PM

One done! I still have to finish most of the previous steps, but couldn't wait to see one finished block.

San Jose, CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,786
Points 122,660

I've finished and have all the pieces on the wall. I am really liking this one. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:09 AM

All strips are made,  2 blocks put together. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:18 AM

Thought I would show off my design wall.  From left to right I have,  Bonnie Hunters "Sisters Choice",  Bonnie Hunters "Easy Streets", Amy Gibsons BOM,  Bonnie Hunters "Playing with Jacks" and last Mystery Quilt 8.  Oh and on the bottom is one of the 20 Christmas stockings I am making for the family, and strips that I am cutting and making starter squares with for the Market Place at our Quilt Show coming up in June.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:19 AM

Ginny L:

!

jadavn:
couldn't wait to see one finished block.

Great job, Ginny L & Judy!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:22 AM

Donna:

Wow, Donna!  They all look great!  And you call yourself a beginner?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:26 AM

Lisa C:

MNnancy, your block is perfect!!!  Great job......I hope when I have time to do this step mime look as imprefect as yours...  Lisa

Ha, thanks Lisa!  I now may have shot myself in the foot.  I did all the initial steps and assembled my first block on my Bernina at home.  Now for the past two days I've been sewing the rows together on my Featherweight away from home socializing with friends.  As I'm pressing them, I'm worried that the seams don't look quite as consistent.  I should have made one more full block using this machine to make sure it was going to turn out as well as the first.  Hope I don't get stuck doing a lot of unsewing when I go to put these rows together.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 12:30 AM

Donna:
and have tried both the Bloc loc and quilt in a day hst square up since I got them both in and I have decided I like the Bloc loc better.  it doesnt leave the little tags or flags or whatever you want to call them.

I don't have a Bloc Loc, but having just purchased the Quilt in a Day tool for this project, I quickly discovered the issue with the dog ears, too.  I figured I'd just leave them on as I continued along, but no, with these small pieces the ears really get in the way, so now I'm snipping them all off with my scissors.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

"And you call yourself a beginner?"

Reminds me of a very pious man who insisted he was a sinner -- his disciples were dismayed, and responded "if you are a sinner, what are we?" 

--Bayla, a REAL beginner :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,831
Points 39,995
ls2116 replied on Wed, Apr 24 2013 1:16 PM

This one for me might become ufo.  I didn't square up was in too much of rush then after doing first part of step five thought about squaring and that would really have it not measure up.  I didn't even think about the dog ears!  So the lesson I learned is don't take shortcuts you end up making it harder on yourself to complete a quilt.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 9 of 13 (195 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use