Discussion and Questions re Step 5

rated by 0 users
This post has 194 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 597
Points 10,495
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 8:33 PM

yes Nana, Loving it. Great practice on patience and piecing. As much work as it has been , it is much better then waiting for the next step, only to be done in an hour waiting again. Thanks I cant wait to see the final results and where I am going to take it from there.

Donna> The fabric and cutting list this friday as the last step. ( unless that is just as far as she wrote it, but couldnt be much left with out us figuring it out)

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Howdy All!  Everyone's blocks look gorgeous!!  This is so much fun!!   Again, as a newbie, I am T-H-R-I-L-L-E-D with the way mine came out, although, I've got quite a few that are wonky!!   This is my first block, but all of mine are done!  

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,190
Donna replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:05 PM

Walla2butterfly,  I have lots of cut pieces left with no directions on what to do with them so I assume you mean the step that we will get on Friday April 26th.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 597
Points 10,495
Tami Paul replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 9:47 PM

yes, friday the 26th , is the last listed step. Compared to all that we had, not much left. Though they do seem to odd to put together. Different size trangles. I would make some guess but we arent suppose to do that. So, come on Friday

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,510
Points 25,285
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 10:41 PM

well, after much frogging I finally got the three I messed up on last night redone.  I had the hardest time and think I frogged one 6 times.  decided to just work on each segment for now and concentrate on getting them correct and then I'll put the blocks together.  Oh, this is more thinking than I wanted to do after working all day OR maybe that's my problem, I've overthinking it.  only have 13 blocks still to finish.  I think I like the idea of making them in sets of four and one set of five.  change it up will do me good.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,510
Points 25,285
Debbie replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 10:45 PM

Bethiebear - ours are mirror images - mine's purple and white also but I switched the light and dark. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 12:55 AM

lcqultr46:
I agree Marge, I think it took me 1/2 an hour to put the first block together. But your results are great. Looking at everyone else's colors I'm second guessing my yellow/black choice but I guess it will work for a grandson

Judy - Thanks!  I think your yellow/black will work great for your grandson. It will be bright and well loved. On putting my blocks together I finally started putting rows 1 and 2 together, then rows 4 and 5 and pressed both of those units and then put in row  3  and it seemed to go a bit better. You really need to pay attention when doing this block.  I  like the way the block comes out though.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:00 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Marge, I really love your fabrics. The background is really lovely.

Thanks, Judy.  I bought the background at our LQS at 40% off and finished off the bolt so I had 4+ yards.  Didn't have a clue as to when I would use it but a few weeks later MQ8 came up and the choice wasmade.  I am glad the texture shows up in pics now as the first one it looked really Blah!

Few more days and we should find out what we will end up with.  Looking forward to Friday!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:02 AM

Debbie:
Bethiebear - ours are mirror images - mine's purple and white also but I switched the light and dark. 

Debbie - I like your block where the colors are reversed.  Nice job!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 597
Points 10,495
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 8:54 AM

lol Marge> after sewing the middle row on the wrong side. I started sewing 4-5 , then adding 3. then sewing 1-2 and attaching. Guess my thought was to get that middle row on right while I was thinking about it but I guess it really doesn't matter. the pain was re-ironing some of the seems and making sure I got each row right. but in the end it all looks good and cant wait until friday to see the end

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 410
Teri replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:11 AM

I have purple and pale pink.  However I have not picked out the material for the border yet. Any suggestions?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 21
Points 410
Teri replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:13 AM

HI, I am a newbie myself. Found that the intricate details once I got into them were actually kinda relaxing. Sure helps your lose track of time.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 38,740
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:26 PM

I'm almost all caught up with step 5.  I will admit though they aren't as straight as i would've liked and my points will be lost on a few thats what I get for skipping the square up step.  I'm just seww glad to be able to sew again.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,510
Points 25,285
Debbie replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:26 PM

Teri:
I have purple and pale pink. 

Teri - that sounds so cute, my granddaughter's favorite colors.  I haven't found my border yet, either.  may wait till the end and see what the quilt tells me. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 38,740
ls2116 replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 1:33 PM

Maybe I wont be as caught up as I thought some have squares made did I miss something?  They look great,  hope mine comes out half as nice with all the problems i had with machine eating my corners.  I have puckers even before quilting which is unusual for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 8 of 13 (195 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use