Please post questions regarding step 4

rated by 0 users
This post has 113 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 7:39 AM

Marge your fabrics are lovely and I like the contrast of the beige subtle print.  Beautiful work!  I had to laugh, I too, have many rulers I purchased over the years but some of them are hiding from me and doing a really good job of it :-) 

Nana, so happy to hear your husband is home and doing well.  Hopefully this event will scare your hubby into following the doctor's orders and listening to you.  Prayers for you both continue!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Marge P:

Anyway here are my blocks and the tan pattern has decided to show up in this photo.  

Marge P, I really like your fabrics. Have you picked a border fabric? I thought I had but now I'm not sure. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 7,150
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 11:51 AM

how many of the second part of step 4 are we suppose to have?? 

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:11 PM

I really like the texture your beige fabrics give to the blocks Marge. When you're done with your cleaning can you hop over the mountain and work on mine? I, too, have lost several blocks. Now I just make several extra at the beginning so I usually have leftovers for my ufo pile.  ; -)

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 12:40 PM

Nancy -Thanks!  You are probably right about taking photos through the plastic as the dark is a Moda Marble and look at all the different shades that have popped up.  Wierd!  I did enjoy using the triangulations - I don't mind taking off the paper backing so it works for me.  Also you can make HST's in 1/16th increments if you have a pattern that needs to be tweaked some.

Helen - Thanks! Glad I am not the only one who loses rulers and other little things in my sewing room.  I am sure it will show up if I take the time to just clean things up!

Judy EE - LOL  If you don't mind waiting till the next decade, I might make it over the mountains to help you out! :-)  I think your idea of making extra blocks is a good one.  I was just feeling so smug cause 9 x 24 = 216 so I thought I had it made in the shade. HA!  My DH thinks I miscounted so if I did, I did it numerous times. :-(

Judy T - I think I have my border fabric but there are two different ones that I bought when I bought the burgundy for a tablecloth.  Here is a picture of all the fabrics together.  Will probably use the large floral but want to get the tan and burgundy mottled in somewhere.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

lcqultr46:

I really like the texture your beige fabrics give to the blocks Marge. When you're done with your cleaning can you hop over the mountain and work on mine? I, too, have lost several blocks. Now I just make several extra at the beginning so I usually have leftovers for my ufo pile.  ; -)

Yes, Marge and when you're finished with Judy EE simply turn north up I-5 and come to my house. Especially if you like challenges! :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Marge P:

Judy T - I think I have my border fabric but there are two different ones that I bought when I bought the burgundy for a tablecloth.  Here is a picture of all the fabrics together.  Will probably use the large floral but want to get the tan and burgundy mottled in somewhere.

Ohh, too pretty Marge.  I'm playing with borders. I'm sure I'll change my mind once the top is all pieced. At first I was going with the floral in the first picture but the strong contrast bothers me a bit since there isn't any dark in the pieces. Then I saw some pink/tan fabric tucked back on my shelf. I rather like it but will see how it looks later. 

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Judy T

I love the roses on the dark background.  It's really dramatic and exciting.  I'm less keen on the other one but the colors do go with it.

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,561
Points 118,395

Judy & Dogs:

Judy T

I love the roses on the dark background.  It's really dramatic and exciting.  I'm less keen on the other one but the colors do go with it.

I know what you mean. The dramatic look is what drew me to the roses on black in the first place. Then I started feeling like it was too much drama. Guess I'll know better when the top is completed. Thanks for your input, it helps me look at it again.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,396
Points 415,524
gini replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:20 PM

tnmtgrl:

jen, the way i read this, you will end up with 18.  it looks like you started out with 18 dark/light/dark segments and sewed the light  2 inch squares to them.    the instructions say you will have extras of the 2" lights.

anybody have an opinion here?   i've been known to be wrong.  it doesn't happen often, and catches me by surprise, but i do get things wrong   ;  )   well, maybe i'm not that surprised when it happens.   

i've been busy,  but i am  starting  this over the weekend and i will better be able to answer your questions.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:31 PM

Judy,  I LOVE the roses on black with your pieces!  It will be a gorgeous border!

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

tnmtgrl:

I have 36 of the step 4 part 2 pieces (dark light dark sewn to 2" light squares) and 54 left over light 2" squares.

Martha, Parker CO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 2:38 PM

Judy the rose border fabric is perfect for your peach and beige blocks. 

Marge I just love the pink hydrangea border fabric for your border, just beautiful!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580

Martha Haines:

tnmtgrl:

I have 36 of the step 4 part 2 pieces (dark light dark sewn to 2" light squares) and 54 left over light 2" squares.

Martha, Parker CO

whew! that's what I have. :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 361
Points 7,150
tnmtgrl replied on Wed, Apr 17 2013 3:39 PM

Thanks...that's what I've got too..

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Page 5 of 8 (114 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use