rated by 0 users
This post has 113 Replies | 39 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:33 PM

LaDonna:
I couldn't even imagine trimming the hst without my Blok-Loc!  It "locks" onto the diagonal seam so no slipping!

LaDonna, I saw the Blok-Loc demonstrated at the Sewing and Quilting Expo in Mpls, but I didn't buy it and I'm kicking myself now!

gini:
Hi Ladonna, welcome to the appliqué group.   Where's Clancy.

Gini, applique group?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:58 PM

LaDonna, I just ordered the Blok-Loc set.  I am not gonna trim my hst until they arrive.  I hope the work as well as yall say and they way they work.  thanks for the heads up

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 10:23 PM

LaDonna:

I couldn't even imagine trimming the hst without my Blok-Loc!  It "locks" onto the diagonal seam so no slipping!

It's a great tool!  I"ve got my HST blocks pressed and ready to trim and my bloc loc is at the ready!

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 10:36 PM

off to finish pressing mine.  I hope the next step does not use the hst,  so I dont get behind waiting on my bloc loc tool.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 11:10 PM

MNnancy:

LaDonna:

LaDonna, I saw the Blok-Loc demonstrated at the Sewing and Quilting Expo in Mpls, but I didn't buy it and I'm kicking myself now!

gini:
Hi Ladonna, welcome to the appliqué group.   Where's Clancy.

Gini, applique group?

I meant to say, mystery quilt #8 group.  

It has been a long day.   We had epic powder on the last day of the season, so I skied my legs off.  Both kids and spouses and grands have been underfoot all day.   SIL#2 tried to do in Sam.  After he skied off piste all day chasing wil,  SIL took him for a 2 hour snowshoeing trek.   They came back winded, but smiling from ear to ear.   SIL#1 works in the area,  he had to deal with naked employees in the stairwell.   We didn't that from him, he doesn't discuss these things,  but we talked to some of the other guys that work with him. They told us it's been a rough couple of days for him.    The employees go nuts the last week or so of ski season.    What's he going to do? Fire them?   They are all getting laid off tomorrow, so I guess they have nothing to lose.  

Last night around midnight there was a guy jumping up and down outside in the snow in his swimming suit, waving his arms trying to get my attention.   I cracked our door open and asked what he needed.  Of course, he was drunk, he and 6 of his friends, after a loooong drawn out story, he asked if they could come through our room because they were locked out.   The guy who let them into the pool area, evidently shouldn't have and if they called security, that guy would get fired.   I told them that since the HR director was sleeping here, I didn't think they wanted to wake him up.   He would fire the lot of them.  They were obviously employees that were poaching here at the lodge, and were now about to get caught whatever they did.    Too funny.  This woke Sam up, he looked out the window to see what the commotion was about.  He was enjoying the view, because the female contingent in the group were topless.   

Daughter number 2 and DSO, and Dd#1 are both gone,  the kids and SIL left here are tuckered, and so is Sam.  They've been asleep since 8.   I'm enjoying some quiet time and correcting all my mistakes here.    

gini in north idaho

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:32 AM

I like your colors Angele, I think we'll have twin quilts!

I finished step 4 and now I'm looking at border fabrics altho I probably won't be able to decide until the final step between the geometric and the floral.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,409
Points 47,175
Angele replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 7:32 AM

Ic I love your blocks.  Yep I think we will be as close to twins as can be...LOL

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 433
Points 8,695
tnmtgrl replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 7:35 AM

Nice work....the floral fabric is really pretty!!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,075
Helen replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:04 AM

JudEE the black and yellow look terrific!

Here is my steps finished:

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 341
Points 6,075
Helen replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 9:07 AM

Nana, so sorry to hear about your husbands heart attack and pneumonia.  Prayers and healing thoughts to both of you!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 155

I use Quilt in a Day Triangle Square Up Ruler. You trim you squares before opening them.  It is so easy to use - line up your stitching line with the size square you need and trim. It works perfect every time. 

• Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 10:22 AM

Ok I ordered this one too.  If I like it better than the others ones which were much more expensive.  I will sell the other ones on Ebay..  The only thing, is I have already pressed mine. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,672
Points 120,425

Sharon Fred:
I use Quilt in a Day Triangle Square Up Ruler. You trim you squares before opening them.

Oh for pity sakes!!!! I have one of those. Last night I started the HST but only got 66 of them done. I'll do the rest of them with the ruler. Thanks for posting Sharon. You've saved me tons of time.  

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 4:44 PM

Sharon Fred:

I use Quilt in a Day Triangle Square Up Ruler. You trim you squares before opening them.  It is so easy to use - line up your stitching line with the size square you need and trim. It works perfect every time. 

I ran to one of the LQS today to see if they had the Bloc-Loc tool.  She didn't, but she demo-ed this Quilt-in-a-Day Triangle Square Up Ruler and convinced me that it would work as well as the Bloc Loc at a better price.  I haven't pressed my squares yet otherwise I might not have bought this.  I had to draw a line on the tool for a 2-inch square since it is marked for other sizes.  Is that what you do?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 4:51 PM

Sharon Fred:

I stopped in at our local store on the way home and they had no idea what I was talking about.  There is one other store in town that I will try tomorrow.  I almost bought the locking one a few years ago but was not doing much hst at the time and figured to save the money.  I had not heard of the quilt in a day one.

Paris, Ontario

Page 3 of 8 (114 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use