Discussion and Questions regarding Step 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 284 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140

Nancy, that is me that is doing the twin quilt! I am still working on step two. Our sLQS was involved in a shop hop last week and I spent three 12 hour days working, so I fell behind. But I am keeping on!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:42 PM

MNnancy:
Hey, Leslie, how are you doing?  Catching up yet?

ROFLOL,  nope

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Looking for step 4, anxious for step 4. Hopefully in the morning? Or am I confused and it's too soon?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:16 AM

wow looking at everyone's colors and I think we will have some pretty awesome quilts out there. all so different! Have looked at step 4, still not a give away to me as to what this is going to look like....dang lol

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:33 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Looking for step 4, anxious for step 4. Hopefully in the morning? Or am I confused and it's too soon?

It is 11:28 PM and I just popped in for a minute and it is up.  I guess I will be cutting all my triangulations tomorrow. When I watch the Mariner's Friday evening i can be taking paper off.  I don't have a clue where this is taking us to but it is fun.

Marge P

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:41 AM

No worries Leslie you are not the only one.  I have my 9 patches done but not sewn to the others yet and I still have some of my hst to mark.  I hope to catch up this weekend as the weather here is rain and freezing rain so not doing anything in the garden.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:11 AM

Oy!  I'm never going to catch up :(  I still haven't squared up all my 9 patches.  Still need to sew them to the dark/light/dark, then mark my HSTs & now step 4 is posted.  Maybe I'll call in sick :0 *cough* *cough*

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:28 AM

beve99:

Oy!  I'm never going to catch up :(  I still haven't squared up all my 9 patches.  Still need to sew them to the dark/light/dark, then mark my HSTs & now step 4 is posted.  Maybe I'll call in sick :0 *cough* *cough*

Don't you work from home??  :)  sounds like a no-brainer to me!

Southwest of San Antonio

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 450
Raewyn replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:00 AM

I'm taking my time with this I've never done such small pieces .... I'm dying to see how this turns out . Sewing day tomorrow so hope I can get some done. I have a block to make for a swap first then back in . Happy sewing everyone.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 654
Points 12,395
Michelle replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:08 AM

Don't worry, Bev, I just got mine cut out this week.  Had so many projects laying on the sewing machine to get finished before I cut it out. I'm taking it to the retreat at the end of the month and making sure Debbie can look at it before I make any mistakes!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:47 AM

Hi Everyone.  I haven't been hearing anything from the group and was wondering why.  Somehow my messages got turned off.  Well I turned it back on and nice to see everyone's comments and work.  I have been struggeling with the tiny pieces with my fat, arthritic fingers in between working on a big project.  Have company coming next week from out of town so no sewing until the following week.  I will enjoy your progress until I catch up. :-)

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:23 AM

Well, this should be fun....1080 HST won't be very time consuming at all.....I'm diving in now....hope to surface before I run out of breath (or thread?)......see y'all later!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:58 AM

quiltcrone:

Finally, done with Step 3, well, except for marking for the HST's. It is amazing to me that even being so careful through the cutting and sewing process that blocks can wind up so wonky! I had to square & square again, and still I think some of the individual patches are a little off. Hopefully not enough to be an issue further down the line.

Anyway, here are my before and after shots. 

Please disregard the mess around the subject of the pictures... my workroom is a mess!

Oh WOW.  I just love, love, love this color combination.  It is so bright and cheerful.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:34 PM

since there's no posts open for step 4 I'll ask here - how many of the dark light dark should we still have?  I don't recall it being mentioned, a number anyway. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,465
Points 116,645

Debbie:

since there's no posts open for step 4 I'll ask here - how many of the dark light dark should we still have?  I don't recall it being mentioned, a number anyway.

Thanks Debbie for asking this. I was wondering the same thing and just hadn't gotten around to posting the question

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 18 of 19 (285 items) «Prev1516171819Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use