Discussion and Questions regarding Step 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 284 Replies | 50 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 701
Points 13,295

These are wonderful looking! I love the colors.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 8:25 PM

gosh, guess I have to do things backwards - marked the 108 HSTs Friday nite while watching The Hobbitt, I had seen it before so that's done.  been working on the final border of the RR I'm in and i's done.  also, got the FQs and jelly roll strips all cut out, so no more things to do except UFOs.  oh, wait I could work the BOMs but need to tyhink about doing MQ8 - all the little pieces!  going to have to do mine as some of the gals said, work in numbers - 6 at a time.  that's my number!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:27 PM

I'll be doing catch up later.  just questioning the marking the 108 HST.  Since i'm not there yet hard to picture.  It is just a diagonal mark from corner to corner right?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:41 PM

Bethiebear:

I'm kinda excited about the results of my sewing.  Considering all the beautiful colors, and what seems to me to be perfect blocks by everyone, mine are not that bad for a newbie.   I've tried quilting something a long time ago, and I just couldn't get anything to match up and got so frustrated, I put it aside and eventually tossed it!  Honestly, I was just young and foolish and thought, pffttttt, I can do this!!  Well, older and wiser am I, so, I'm taking my time....measuring, measuring, measuring and going slow, slow, slow!!

I do have some that are a little "wonky" as y'all would say, but I am certainly thrilled with what I've accomplished!!  Here they are:

Beth,

I think they look very very nice! Good job!

Sandy

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:47 PM

Finally caught up.  I am a little wonky on some, but over all they are not too bad.  The small pieces were not as bad as I expected, but I would never be doing 5 of these at once!

Thanks to who ever it was that suggested using bed raisers on the cutting table.  It made it so nice.  My only problem is it is also my sewing table so I have to take them off to sew.  At least it was nice to do the main cutting that way.  I guess I just have to go get another table.  

Everyone is doing a great job and have beautiful colors.  I saw one that seems to be the opposite of mine because I switched the colors and I am using the blue as the light in mine.  It will be interesting to see the results.

Bring on Friday and the next set of directions.  I am all set.

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 365
fzytwo replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:49 PM

Bethiebear,

Your blocks look great.  Keep up the good work.  I don't take as much time as I should sometimes.  I think yours are more even then mine.

Keep having fun.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Awww....thanks so much fzytwo!!  Means a lot to me!  :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Thanks Sandy!!  Means a lot to me!  I want to learn as much as I can, but I want to learn it the right way!!    Thank you!!  :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:28 PM

I should finish mine tomorrow.  I have all the 2" sewn to 1  9 patch. Just need to sew the other 9 patches to the 36 sets done.  Here is a pic of my 9 patch.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:50 PM

Love the colors Sheila!  Where are you in MT?  I call Clancy home.  Snowed lke crazy here today!

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 705

Finally got the strips sewn together and the dark light dark pressed.  Need to press the light dark light and then cut out all the tiny pieces and onto step 3.

Pam

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 3,140
Sheila replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:58 AM

ljtodd@hotmail.com:

Love the colors Sheila!  Where are you in MT?  I call Clancy home.  Snowed lke crazy here today!

Hi!

I'm in Billings, and all we got was a nice thunderstorm with some much-needed rain.  Didn't see the storm because I was holed up in my sewing room all day; but I finished all 5 Step 3's!

Now I have 3 customer quilts coming in this week, and a quilt still in the piecing stage for my future DIL's graduation, so I will be busy enough until Friday and Step 4.  Would rather work on the mystery quilts, though; maybe I should cut out a couple more?   

Sheila in MT 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 7:33 AM

i finally got caught up. I found I had to square up after every round, so here's my slivers, too.

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 10:37 AM

Ginny L:
i finally got caught up. I found I had to square up after every round, so here's my slivers, too.

Ah, so there's the secret to your perfectly aligned blocks. They look very well-made!  I don't know if I have a 2" square-up ruler.  Maybe my slotted shape cutter will work?  But do I have the patience to go through all those blocks.....

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:41 AM

Ginny L:
I found I had to square up after every round

Ginny, that is the secret to a straight and neat and well perfect quilts isn't it?  I have been thinking about making sure they are all squared up too, was going to wait till the next step but I just may work on that today.  My best quilts are the ones I square up EVERY step of the way.   :)

Sandy

Page 14 of 19 (285 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use