Discussion and Questions regarding Step 2

rated by 0 users
This post has 284 Replies | 50 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 8:36 PM

Sheila, does nayone ever call you an over acheiver.....lol  great job.....

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 530

Great to see everyone's color combos. I'm finally done my cutting. Looking forwar to the next step.

What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 450
Raewyn replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:27 PM

Hello everyone just checking in waiting on the next clue (any minute) I have sewn all of my strips and cut about half so far. I'll finish them after work tonight. I changed my mind on the fabric colours and have gone for cream and a burgundy red not a combo I have used before. I haven't got to border fabric yet waiting to see how it comes together first.. Everyones colours are lovely can't wait to see all the finished quilt tops!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,327
Points 46,255
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 10:05 PM

I love everyone's little squares. I'm done the sewing part but not all the cutting part. I'm hoping to do this during the weeken. BMW Tuesday quilting group is meeting for the weekend, so we'll see if I finish my flower quilt top first, then it will be cutting my pieces.. I find it so exciting to see the progress and how each quilt looks different.

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 670

Oh my gosh I am so far behind.  I haven't even cut all my fabric yet. I can't seem to get any time my dh keeps finding this that and the other thing needs to be done with snow and ice removal as it is starting to melt. We have an ice dam on our roof that is over a foot thick and as it melts it is coming in through the top of the window to the toddler's room.  Although it is necessary stuff its frustrating that it takes so much time and I don't get any sewing time. By time he is done in the evening it is time to put the boys to bed and I am beat.

Hopefully soon we will have all this stuff taken care of before we get the big melt and we won't have water in the house and I will get time to sew and get caught up.

Pam

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,629
Points 36,935
ls2116 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:17 PM

Thought i'd check if next step was up guess I have to wait for morning.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435

I already have a question for step 3 but don't see a discussion opened for it. So, I'll ask it here as I don't want to proceed and do it wrong.

It says to mark the 2-1/2 squares for HST. That's just drawing a line corner to corner. Right? Do we cut them into HST or just leave them with the drawn line?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,391
Points 115,435

ls2116:

Thought i'd check if next step was up guess I have to wait for morning.

It's there. Just click on the Mystery Quilt link on the home page

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 11:52 PM

I believe Nana  means to draw a line corner to corner, like you said Judy, and that you will eventually make 216 HSTs like you would normally do. I prefer to draw the line and then sew a 1/4" seam on each side of the drawn line, then cut on the line to get two HSTs. But I guess some prefer to cut first and then sew the little triangles. It's your preference.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,694
Points 29,210
Roxana replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 1:55 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

I already have a question for step 3 but don't see a discussion opened for it. So, I'll ask it here as I don't want to proceed and do it wrong.

It says to mark the 2-1/2 squares for HST. That's just drawing a line corner to corner. Right? Do we cut them into HST or just leave them with the drawn line?

I read it the same way. The marked squares are set aside. No HSTs are actually made in this step. At least that is how I read it. Nana, am I reading it correctly?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 6:23 AM

The instructions say only to mark them. The last line in the first paragraph says  "set the marked squares aside for now."

remember, this is a mystery.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 170
Points 4,845

Step 3 all laid out and ready.

First one done!

• Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 11:48 AM

That looks great!  You got right to sewing didn't you :)  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 565
Points 9,975
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:02 PM

oh dear I am getting behind. I for some reason thought this was a 2 week release not weekly. I have a baby quilt to finish. I told DH that last night. soon I said. then went over to the table picked up some mail and found that the shower is sat-day. Guess I had better get on the ball.... wait for me...(LOL)

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Someone is going to have to fill me in as to what the acronyms you are all using.   Like DH?   What is that?  I can't remember the rest, but all kinds of those things are used all the time.   DIL, I've got, I think = Daughter-in-law.

Page 8 of 19 (285 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use