Discussion and Questions regarding Step 1

rated by 0 users
This post has 313 Replies | 63 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 5:22 PM

OK. Thanks Nana!  That is the best news I"ve heard all day.  I was gonna scrap bag them , but if they will still work for this then I'll retreive them.

Quilting My Rainbow

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:00 PM

Michelle - love your purple and green and that strip for the border just makes them POP! or maybe, that make it PoP!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 710
jadavn replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 12:39 AM

Janis Newman:

Beautiful fabric!  I don't know what you mean by your tadaas. Can you explain?  Also, how can I post my fabrics, etc?  I tried and it said access denied.  Do I just post it as if I am replying to someone else's post.  I posted my introduction and fabrics on the thread for introduce yourself, but no one has responded at all so I don't think I put it in the right thread.  I don't understand why there are 3 threads listed..Can someone please help me so I can become more a part of the group?  Thanks, Janis

Did you try posting to the media page for MQ8? I usually find this a little easier.

San Jose, CA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 7:04 AM

Debbie-do wrote the following post at Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:32 AM:

Hi beve99!  You're just right up the road!  What's your favorite SA quilt shop?

Hey Debbie,

I've been going to Creative Sewing Center, but I also like 7th Heaven.  My full time job conflicts with their hours. :(

Beve

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580

Finally got all my cutting done last night. Woo-hoo!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190

Janis,

Ta Da s are a tool that you can buy in many quilt and fabric stores.  Also you can order it online.  " There website states "At Ta-Da Quilt Products we produce Pre-printed, Fusible Interfacing to make fast, easy and accurate Half Square Triangles, Quarter Square Triangles, Continuous Line Bias Binding and Prairie Points." It is very easy to use and cuts down your sewing and cutting time drastically. Also you do not have to fool with the bias of the triangle. There website is http://www.tadatriangles.com/ There is also an inexpensive program you can buy where you can print your own on paper like Carol Doak's Foundation Paper. The software is called Triangulations by Brenda Henning. I am using the Ta Da s because I bought 2 packs before I found the program. The website for this is http://www.bearpawproductions.com/store-detail.php?cat=1&ID=2.

The three threads are for general discussions such as my question regarding making a fancey signature, The Welcome thread to introduce ourselves and the discussion thread where each week there will be a new step added. There we can find the instructions for the next step, ask questions and show n tell for that specific step.

You can post your fabrics under step 1 or any of those by using the link at the top of your reply box that looks like a film strip.

I am glad you like my fabric. It is all batik, my favorite, even the white.

If you have any further problems that no one is answering, just shoot me a reply and I will answer them for you.

Have fun with this group.

Pamela aka: Bear Angel

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190

Janis,

I was wrong about where to find the instructions. I think that Nana explained it for you.

I had to find again the instructions myself after I replied to you this morning.  LOL

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 9:11 AM

beve99:

Debbie-do wrote the following post at Thu, Mar 28 2013 7:32 AM:

Hi beve99!  You're just right up the road!  What's your favorite SA quilt shop?

Hey Debbie,

I've been going to Creative Sewing Center, but I also like 7th Heaven.  My full time job conflicts with their hours. :(

Beve

I know what you mean!  I had to take a day off just to take a class once because it wasn't offered on Saturdays.  Creative Sewing Center gave me my intro to the quilting world.  I like Memories by the Yard too.  It's a shame 7th Heaven closed but I spose Dixie earned her retirement! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 9:34 AM

Ugh...I'm already behind.  I don't even have my fabric cut yet.  I'm starting to second guess my choices, so I'll be looking tomorrow while I'm out getting what I need for the RR. I was going to do one in deep brown and a medium green, but I think I want to change it to green and white...unless something different jumps into my cart tomorrow.

I'll post pictures when I get home.  I can guarantee, though, that there will be NO pink or purple!

Chicagoland, Illinois

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 50
rachal replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 6:48 AM

Sewing Machine Question.....OK, so here I was all rip roaring ready to get going on this, just forcing myself to put the finishing touches on two small UFO's before starting when my roughly 40 year old trusty machine kicked the bucket.  Soooo, I am now shopping for a new machine and on a somewhat limited budget. Found what looks like a pretty good deal on a Brother SQ9050 brand new for $150.  Input anyone? I'm itching to get started, but don't want to buy a machine I'll regret.

Thanks,

Rachal

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 473
Points 8,970
Jan replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 9:49 AM

Rachal,

I have a brother that I have had for 8 years.  Bought it for about 200 at a Big Box location.  I absolutely love it.  I have only had it in the shop once for a more thorough cleaning than I can give it.  I even let the 7 year old gramddaughter sew on it.

Jan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

I am also in the market for a new machine, too.  The one I have been using for 45 years has it's limitations.  Especially since it weighs over 40 pounds and is heavy if I have to take it to a quilt group.  I have been thinking about a Brother, but haven't narrowed it down.  I did find a Consumers Report on Sewing Machines, but am not sure how old the review was.

I finally finished step 1 and am now ready for step 2!  Woo Hoo.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Wed, Apr 3 2013 12:25 PM

I highly looking into a Baby Lock.  they are wonderful machines and have excellent support services.  They have a model called,  and I think it is a Mona that is very reasonably prices.  And when you want to trade up, the resell value is also excellent.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 11:20 PM

bump to top

Vinton, Virginia

Page 21 of 21 (314 items) «Prev1718192021
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use