rated by 0 users
This post has 313 Replies | 63 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 2:29 AM

Karla:
Marge, that is beautiful fabric choices.  I'm trying teal and gold, which I'll post sometime today.

Thanks, Karla.  I think I will like it in a quilt better than the tablecloth it was originally purchased for. LOL

I like your teal and gold.  I don't know if your border fabric is "strange" but it certainly will set off a two color quilt.  Does it already have a new home to go to or are you keeping it for yourself.

Cutting is all done so just waiting for the next step.  Hopefully I printed off the correct size of Triangulations for the HST block step.  Was going to start sewing them but decided to not get ahead of myself.

This is going to be fun!

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:18 AM

Karla:

The border is still up for discussion once the quilt is put together, but this is my choice right now.

Karla, that Moda print is very cool!  I hope it will work out as the border, but you're right, you won't really know until the top is pieced.  Can't wait to see how it all comes together.  I still haven't cut mine out.  Maybe that's what I should take to "Quilt til you Wilt" day tomorrow instead of my sewing machine.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,578
Points 47,535
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:47 AM

Karla, you always pick the best fabrics!  Love that Moda!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 682
Points 12,985
Michelle replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:05 AM
Maggie, For a few days now, when I try to reply to a post, I click on options and the only option is "email when someone replies". The option to put a picture has gone completely? Everyone else seems to be able to post pictures lately, so not sure where the load option went?

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 262
Points 5,185
Ginny L replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:24 AM

Don't click on the options , use the film strip picture right above where you write your reply.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 682
Points 12,985
Michelle replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 9:18 AM
Ginny, that's what I'm looking for. The film strip seem to be missing. When I am in the discussion pages, I hit reply but I don't see the film strip. Do I have to go back to the original page where the discussion starts?

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 69
Points 1,580

Finally got to start cutting last night.  My rotary cutter & ruler & I have had a dysfunctional relationship for a long time. I'm thinkin' this project will force us to repair that! I'm glad I have more fabric than needed, just in case I screw up. Hopefully will be able to get all of it cut before Friday & the next step.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 1,195
MzA replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 10:37 AM

Everyone has such nice color choices.  Can't wait til I get home to post mine :-)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 10:54 AM

Trying to post but looks like I get a quote.  How do I do it without a quote.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 10:57 AM

Never mind looks like it doesn't quote after all.  Anyway my question is:  I am short 2" on my dark fabric.  "IF" I cut correctly will this be enough.  You said we would have some leftover.  If you don't think so I can change my fabic.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 2:27 PM

Leone,

You can cut the two  6 1/4 inch blocks out of the rest of your 12 inch strip.  I was 2 inches short on my dark and I still had a half yard left over after cutting everything.  I just used the 'extra' from the first few strips to cut some of the other pieces.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 2:41 PM

Thank you Dara,  I will do that. 

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 175
Gramsy3 replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:59 PM

Hi Nana,  I'm new to this.  Is this where I ask questions and or post?  My question is this:  When you say 2 fabrics, dark and light and a border, do you mean that this quilt only has 3 fabrics in it? 

Thank you.

Gramsy 3

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,824
Points 366,012
Kris replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:38 PM

Michelle:
Ginny, that's what I'm looking for. The film strip seem to be missing. When I am in the discussion pages, I hit reply but I don't see the film strip. Do I have to go back to the original page where the discussion starts?

Michelle,

go to your home page and edit your profile. Click on "Site Options"  next to "Content Editor" it should say "Standard". Change that and see if you get the film strip back.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 2,645

I have been scrolling down all the comments and saw your fabric, and was going to mention that the darkest blue with the white  and then do a red print border for a patriotic quilt would be nice.  I have been in the garden so will just copy directions for a later time. But will watch all the handiwork  going on here.

ls2116:

I sat staring at fabric most of night,  and now I have new plan I'm going to do a red white and blue as i don't have any patriotic quilts in my gallery prewashing red now because its a red that turns my fingers red.

Page 18 of 21 (314 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use