rated by 0 users
This post has 313 Replies | 63 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:01 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Still debating if I'm going to do this one. I found a wonderful border fabric in my stash and have been trying to decide on the two colors. Never made a two color quilt and I'm kind of uncertain about this. Here are a couple of my options. Suggestions are welcome

Option 1, pink and tan (the tan is darker than it shows here)

Judy,   I like this combination best.  The tan seems to bring out the color in the leaves and the pink does the same for the flowers.  Just my 2 cents. LOL

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This is my favorite, too.

jody

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

I personally like Option 2 the best . . . Not as "muddy" as with the tan.  The white also lets the pink and the flower in the border stand out.  With the tan the pink gets sort of lost.

I don't care for the green.

Judy T-Bellingham:

Option 2  Pink and soft white

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,667
Points 120,370

Thanks for all the input. I also like the pink/white best. I'm just having a hard time with using just two colors. Of course, with my flaky mindset, who knows what I'll think in the morning. Maybe I'll use a black and white to coordinate with the floral border. Still haven't decided if I'm doing this MQ but if I am, I'd better get my rear in gear.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 530
Jennifer replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:54 PM

Love the pink and soft white, very feminine looking. Oh and what  gorgeous fabric for your border! Love them together.

What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 7:59 PM

Annie,  

I cut the required and only ended up with 65 - 1" pieces, I then looked through my leftovers to see what I could use to get the remaining 1" pieces.  I was able to cut the rest from my leftovers so I didn't need to cut any more strips....

Hope this helps,

Lisa C.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635
Bethiebear replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:14 PM

I absolutely LOVE this combination!!!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!   I'm going to have to find that fabric.  Gorgeous....please post a picture of your quilt when it's done.  I bet that is going to be amazing!!  :) 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 125
Jeanette replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:49 PM

Hi.This is my first time trying to put pictures in a post and have only posted a few times. This is my 2nd mystery quilt. The 1st is in progress right now with a local shop. Its killing me I really want to see it done, Im not very patient. LOL I did follow the last mystery quilt here but didnt make the quilt ( save the direction and might do it later.)

OK so my fabrics are purple and white with a small floral fabric for border.

My tech skills didnt do my fabric much justice. LOL

Jeanette

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 25 2013 10:51 PM

Haven't cut fabric yet as i've been preoccupied with nephews quilt but I should have it all cut by Friday.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Marie:

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
I'm still on a mental vacation

Maggie, me too, should we meet at the bar for a drink?  LOL

Oops, missed our trip to the bar because I went to a weekend retreat with my mom. Now I'm on retreat withdrawal!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Susie:

quiltcrone:

Susie, I originally purchased that butterfly fabric thinking it'd be cute as a skirt or sundress. Makes you smile, doesn't it?

I got it because it was NOT pink or purple, lol!  I truly am tired of those two colors as they are the favorites of my granddaughters.  I wanted to do something in a different color!  I bought some sheer stuff with silver bead-y things throughout it in a burnt orange to put over the top of the butterfies.  My lovely little grands get such a kick out of picking out fabric for their skirts and dresses.

Susie, it's a girl thing I guess because my granddaughters favorite colors are pink and purple. My oldest is so crazy about pink I found her a pink violin when she started lessons last September. LOL. I'm with you and ready for a change. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Donna:

Here are 2 possible fabrics that I picked today at Joanns  up for the border .  Which one do yall like best?  The one on the left has metallic thread and is my fav of the two, but the one on right would really POP.

Donna, I love POP

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,120

Michelle:
Have to say I'm very excited about my first mystery quilt. Haven't cut the material yet as we have been vacationing in Big Bend all week. But I have worked on another quilt while here in the RV. Will cut next weekend after getting home. Found the most beautiful dark purple and lighter green coordinating fabrics Think they will work perfectly on this quilt. Found them in the cutest quilt shop in Wichita Kansas, 2 weeks ago. They were the friendliest quilt shop I've ever been in. You could hear them laughing fr the street. Just made my day, and then to find the perfect fabric! Wow. They were in quilt world Magazine as one of the top 10 quilt shops in the US. Didn't know that til I go there. Found 4 quilt shops in that town that were fabulous! Grandma's quilt shop is going out if business so everything was 40% off! Did I stock up?!! Yes!! As much as my carry-on suitcase would hold!! Have had a problem posting pics to this site this last week, though. When I try to upload the photo I get that my file is too big for this site? Any suggestions? I took the pics from my iPhone. Is that the problem?

Michelle, I always use my iPhone or iPad so I wouldn't think that was the problem.  

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,587
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:08 AM

I think I finally got all of my pieces cut, so here is a picture of my fabric selections.  The border is still up for discussion once the quilt is put together, but this is my choice right now.

• Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 2:02 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Option 2  Pink and soft white

At first I thought the pink and tan but this pink looks like it would be wonderful with the border print and the white.  I love that border fabric. just my two cents worth. 

Marge P

Page 17 of 21 (314 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use