rated by 0 users
This post has 313 Replies | 63 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:30 PM

Is

You can cut them at 3" if that is easiest for you.   It will be ok when we get to the point that we are using them.   I think cutting in eighths is a little tougher too.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:32 PM

Jennifer

That blue sure looks luscious.  WTG

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 190

Nana,

1) When you were refering to the HST squares, I want to confirm that we will need a total of 216 HST which will end up being 2" HST squares. I am going to use TA-DA  2" triangles if this is correct.

2) Reading other response regarding the 1" x 8 1/2 " subcuts; we need 72 of each color?

Thank you for your time and attention to my questions.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 319
Points 15,220
Kim Z replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:03 PM

I have most of my cutting done - just have to ensure that I have the correct number of 1" strips.

Here's my fabric choices.  I've had these 3 fabrics for over a year and hadn't found a pattern for them yet.  I have 2 yards of the print and 4 yards of each of the others, so I have plenty for this and I can add more borders (maybe pieced) if I decide that I want a larger quilt.  I'm excited about this mystery quilt!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 2,520
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:07 PM

Just got back from my travels, got my fabric, now I'm ready to start cutting.  Thanks, Nana, for clarifying some of the instructions.  And Kathy, I know right where you are talking about (Telegraph Road) in the South County/Oakville Area.  I have family there as well!  And we just came back from Jupiter Florida (at the St Louis Cardinals training camp!), and LOVE it down there!  Hope you have fun with this mystery quilt!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:11 PM

Bear Angel

If you are using  TA-DA triangles you will need a total of 216   2" HST squares.    And you will need 72    1" x 8 1/2" subcuts of each color.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:12 PM

Kim

Your fabrics are gorgeous.  I can hardly wait to see how this quilt turns out.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,195
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:13 PM

Christine

Have fun and relax and enjoy the journey.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Hey, Christine, I wish I had known you were in my backyard!  I live in Palm Beach Gardens, the town immediately south of Jupiter! Did you happen to drop in at "Quilter's Choice", my LQS?

--Bayla

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:52 PM

I finished my cutting this afternoon and now need to get to the many UFOs that need sandwiching and quilting.  There are many lap quilts and also many wheelchair quilts including the 2 blue MQ 7s.  Tomorrow while it storms outside, I will try to at least pin a few quilts so they are ready for the machine.  Right now the wind is blowing strong and flinging icy snow at the windows.  This may not be a sleeping night because the window is over our heads and that is the direction the wind is coming from!  Off to bed and hopefully some sleep.

The next part of this mystery is too far away.  I am anxious to get sewing on it, but these quilts really need to be finished first.  Life has gotten in the way too much and now it is time to QUILT!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:06 PM

Christine:

I've  been travelling all over the country in the last 11 days, and will be stopping (or forcing my husband, : )  )in Paducah, KY to get my fabric.  I've enjoyed reading all the posts thus far, and think I understand the cutting instructions.  I can't wait to get back to St .Louis to start cutting!  Everyone, HAVE FUN!!!

Christine, How are you able to "force" your husband to stop in Paducah.  I always want to stop there, but my husband avoids it like the plague.  The last time we drove to Texas, he accidently made a wrong turn outside Paducah and we almost made it there before he made me get the map and get us heading back south!!  We usually drive so close to there both going to and coming home from our daughter's in Texas twice a year.  We aren't going this Spring because of Rich's knee surgery.  He still tires to quickly to stand the 3 day trip each way.  It is about 25 to 26 hours driving for us and neither of us are up to it this year.  Some year I AM going to get him to stop or drive there myself while he is napping in the car!!!  I was tempted once, but faithfully kept to the straight and narrow and headed the right way.  If I get to the city, he won't like to drive so will probably let me find my way out (by way of a quilt shop or 2).  He is just an old farmer, not a city driver. 

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:14 PM

I have all the fabric cut,  even 216 hst from each color.  The good news is, if I need to go back to 2 1/2 squares I have plenty of fabric.  The fabric I choose from my stash was 5 yards each of solid kona cotton I got on sale at Joanns a while back for  2.99 a yard.  So if I have to cut more,  it wont hurt as bad as if it were 12.99 a yard material.  and of course I will just use the hsts already cut in another quilt or in a border.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:46 PM

I sat staring at fabric most of night,  and now I have new plan I'm going to do a red white and blue as i don't have any patriotic quilts in my gallery prewashing red now because its a red that turns my fingers red.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:49 PM

Thanks Nana.  

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,040
Points 13,220

I finally decided on fun fabric from my stash last night. I might add the red as an accent, depending on what my MQ looks like when I get the main body done. The light orange is a gradient so I'm hoping that will work. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

• Post Points: 50
Page 10 of 21 (314 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use