rated by 0 users
This post has 313 Replies | 63 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 872
Points 14,245
Dara replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:22 PM

ls2116:

These are my fabric options for mq8 what do you think?

Looks like you have a lot of great fabric from which to choose.  Only you will know what is the best combination for you, but having said that I would probably use the yellow and the dark blue.  I just love yellow.... and the dark blue gives the most contrast...  I'm sure whatever you decide though will look great!

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:27 PM

Is

I love all your fabrics.   Any of the colors with the white will be pretty.  Also the yellow with the orange or the dk blue are nice.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40
Terry M replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:31 PM

I have a question about the 13 (1") strips of light and dark.  When I sub-cut them into 8-1/2" segments, how many segments should I be getting out of a strip?  The dark fabric I'm using only gives me 4 segments per strip, so 52 total.  Will that be enough?  Thanks.

Terry

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:02 PM

someone told me earlier you needed 65

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:10 PM

Terry

You will need 4 strips of each color per block and there are 18 blocks.   I think that comes to 72.   I was able to get 6 segments out of each strip when I cut mine but I know that fabrics are different widths.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,757
Points 38,940
ls2116 replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:19 PM

Thanks Nana, and Dara eventually I'll decide and just start cutting. Let the fun begin....

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:19 PM

EVERYONE

I must admit that  I given wrong info in a couple of my answers.   Somewhere in the process of trying to clear up the confusion regarding HSTs I became confused.    Please don't worry about the HSTs ....   Please just follow the cutting instructions as written.   The measurements are right.   I have now checked them three times again.   All of these measurements were checked and rechecked before the file was sent to Mandy.   If everyone will please just follow the cutting instructions as directed and leave construction questions until we reach that step there won't be nearly as much confusion for anyone.  Especially me...LOL.

If you are unable to get (6)   8 1/2" segments out of your 1" strips you will need to cut enough strips to make a total of 72 segments.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,843
Points 32,075
Roxana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:20 PM

Nana:

Terry

You will need 4 strips of each color per block and there are 18 blocks.   I think that comes to 72.   I was able to get 6 segments out of each strip when I cut mine but I know that fabrics are different widths.

So we may need to cut more strips since the number is 72 instead of the 65 reported earlier?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,522
Points 25,465
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:25 PM

Donna:

I am sorry Nana that you are not feeling well, but this still is not clear. you say I get 2 units from a square of fabric. and end up with 216 units??? Is a unit one color of say the dark?>?? Again will I have 108 dark HST or 216 dark HST. I did not cut squares and then cut them in half.... So talk about only ONE color. When the cutting is done and I have my dark HSTs in front of me, is there 108 dark or 216 dark?>??????rocess. 

Donna  -  I think everyone is trying to politely say that you are getting ahead of the process.  Just cut out what's in the instructions and wait till it's time for the rest of the instructions to tell us wat to do with these pieces.  That's part of the mystery - you don't know what you'll be doing til it's time to know.  So, just relax and enjoy the mystery. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,522
Points 25,465
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:33 PM

ls2116:

These are my fabric options for mq8 what do you think?

I like the darkest blue (one on bottom of second pile) and the white.  others al look like they have same value. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40
Terry M replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:35 PM

Thanks very much Nana.  I'll cut more strips.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,522
Points 25,465
Debbie replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:37 PM

Debbie:

Donna  -  I think everyone is trying to politely say that you are getting ahead of the process.  Just cut out what's in the instructions and wait till it's time for the rest of the instructions to tell us wat to do with these pieces.  That's part of the mystery - you don't know what you'll be doing til it's time to know.  So, just relax and enjoy the mystery. 

Sorry, I apologize if  sounded harsh, that was not my intention.  Please don't take it that way.  I should have read all the posts prior to posting and I would have seen that Nana had already said what I didn't really need to say.  Sorry!!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 10:05 PM

Ye gads.  I was gone when this came out, so I have just now read the posts.   I am not doing this one, but enjoy reading about it.  I can identify with all the requests for clarity.  I myself am so worried about making a mistake in cutting, that I will ask the same question in many different forms.  And as for HST, goodness, there are so many ways of making those, some ways take more fabric, and leave lots of little triangle scraps, another way will reduce waste, and another can cause too much stretching of the fabric along the bias.   I suppose everyone has their favorite method.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 50
Points 1,515
Francine replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 10:21 PM

no problem and I just read through the cutting directions, which I should have done first, and I am really confused by all the confusion.  Its all just there but I think everyone is trying to second guess or get ahead of themselves.  Chill people and just cut what you are told to do and wait for the 29th for further instructions.  I just may try this, although I am in the middle of another mystery as I type :)  Keeps me out of trouble and a little more sane

Francine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,579
Points 47,555
Debbie-do replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 10:39 PM

Roxana:

Nana:

Terry

So we may need to cut more strips since the number is 72 instead of the 65 reported earlier?

I cut 65 as well of each color.  7 more of each will be needed?

Southwest of San Antonio

Page 8 of 21 (314 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use