hi Everyone , so we got married, had a great time

Congratulations Tami.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 6:29 PM

Judy is was pretty.. We stayed at the mariners dream cottage. after you hiked up to it. you got to climb down two sets of steep steps to get the house.. Lots of steps on Friday Harbor that got to my calves but the place had a hot tub very relaxing sitting there watching the ferries come in and out. Deer sleeping out side the bedroom window when we woke up. (right in the spot we got married). Then we went to Portland to see my middle boy, he asked what we wanted to do the next day... he suggested going hiking by the falls. there was no maybe about it the answer was NO. LOL We went out whale watching on our last full day there so that was a nice break from the hills. And there was the L pod in and 2 transitit pods. I guess that is pretty rare they said. 

Almost went to bellingham to see my cousin but ran out of time. It just flies when your having fun

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 6:30 PM

Thanks Kris

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 9:40 PM

Since I've shared my successes with you wonderful ladies, I might as well share my failures, too!  Not a TOTAL failure as I learned a lot in the process and that's what is important.  

Now that we are home and "land-based", I finished the MQ8 top - such as it is.  Since it was slated to be a Christmas Gift for my DIL, I now have to decide whether to start over from scratch or pick another pattern...decisions, decisions.  This top will not go into the trash - I'll quilt and bind it at some point and use it as a utility quilt - will come in handy when we move! LOL!  Anyway, here it is:

• Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,630
Points 48,770
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 10:15 PM

Diane what's wrong with it? from where I sit it looks pretty good.you worked too hard on that for it to be just a utility quilt! 

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:01 PM

didash:
finished the MQ8 top - such as it is.

I think you did a great job. Add a Light narrow border, then a bigger Dark border and it will be bigger than a utility quilt. I think it looks wonderful.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,933
Points 33,645
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:08 PM

Diane, I think it looks great! Flawless! Enjoy it!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 383
Points 8,485
didash replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:31 PM

Oh you ladies are soooo good for the soul!! :)  

But I did have to chuckle.  I went back and looked at the photo again and I have to agree it doesn't look too bad in the photo! But in person :(   Being a newbie, this quilt was a real challenge for me and, unfortunately, I "lost" lots of the points on the HSTs.  But I did learn from the experience which is what counts.  I try to do something new/different/challenging with each quilt I do.  I've got plenty of time...I'll sit it aside for now and look at it again later...maybe I'll feel differently about gifting it.  Hubby says to finish it and give it to her.  Of course he didn't see anything wrong until I educated him. Probably not the smartest move I've ever made - now he will see the flaws in every quilt from now on - LOL!!!

Thanks again for the kind comments...I'm already feeling better about it :))

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Tue, Jul 9 2013 11:57 PM

Diane, can you see the "lost" points riding by on a horse at 20 mph?  If not, they are good enough!!  Non-quilters won't think anything about it!  And any quilter who is worth her fabric stash won't say anything about it unless you bring it up.  Then she'll just offer tips that she has learned along the way.  We were all newbies once! 

We are always the most critical of our own work.   Will your daughter-in-law love the fabrics?  Does she love your son?  I'm sure she will LOVE that you took the time to make this just for her!   Somewhere down the road I'm sure you will make her another quilt and you will see how far you have come!

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:34 AM

I see a wonderful quilt that I would love to have....so if you're thinking of giving it away, I'll be glad to send you my addie.  BTW my MQ8 is still in pieces waiting for me to get my rear in gear and put it together.  We all cringe thinking about the first quilts we sewed.  Oh how far we come when we practice.  Every quilt, every block, every comment from my dear sisters on this site, helps me become a more accomplished quilter.  I hope to never stop learning.  Your quilt is wonderful and your DH is right.  Quilt it and give it to you DDIL.  She will love that you took so much of your time and life and thought of her.  If not....let me know.  I'm interested.  LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Diane, I second what everyone else has said.  It looks great from here!  Lost points hardly bother me on my own quilts and they certainly don't on someone else's!  

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 611
Points 10,695
Tami Paul replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 12:20 PM

Okay since I hurt my arm way back when I have done no quilting what so ever. Having a hard time getting started. MQ # 8 was suppose to be for my sons b day. June 22nd, which was easily possible. Now I have decided to enter it into the fair. Free pass and all. So hopefully I will get working on it this weekend. I know it is just a matter of getting started again, and all will be fine. So could someone come over and push me down in the chair. Of course it doesnt help that DH brought in like 5 bags of cucumbers yesterday. I went through 2 gall of vinager setting them up Have a great day

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 93
Points 3,140
Sheila replied on Tue, Jul 30 2013 2:10 PM

Maybe you could warm up to quilting again by making a Pickledish patterned little quilt, to help transition you from one activity to the next?

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Hi guys.  Finally got one Roman blind up in the dining room.  The second is pinned.  I see in the picture it looks like the blind is a bit off on the right side, must get DH to adjust it.  Here it is hanging, sorry bout the sun coming thru you can't see the true colour and my photography is not the best.

and here it is raised

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,921
Points 124,990

Oh Wow, Marilyn. That Roman shade is gorgeous.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 10 of 12 (172 items) «Prev89101112Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use