General Discussion

rated by 0 users
This post has 171 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Sat, May 18 2013 3:26 PM

gini,  You make my head spin.  I sure could use some pictures but I think you've got it all figured out now.  I'm sure you thought about this one for more that 30 seconds.  LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,360
Points 414,984
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 5:25 PM

Mimi:

gini,  You make my head spin.  I sure could use some pictures but I think you've got it all figured out now.  I'm sure you thought about this one for more that 30 seconds.  LOL

Not much more Mimi,  I thought it out while I was typing to all of you, the top,is halfway together.

Sandpoint is having it's lost in the 50's weekend.   I can sit here and talk to you and watch all the old cars go by below. There are some pretty cool restorations.   Sam is in hog heaven.  He's wandered around town twice already, and each time finds more old friends to visit with. 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,360
Points 414,984
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 5:25 PM

Mimi:

Not much more Mimi,  I thought it out while I was typing to all of you, the top,is halfway together.

Sandpoint is having it's lost in the 50's weekend.   I can sit here and talk to you and watch all the old cars go by below. There are some pretty cool restorations.   Sam is in hog heaven.  He's wandered around town twice already, and each time finds more old friends to visit with. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,825
Nana replied on Sat, May 18 2013 9:44 PM

Ok Gini now I have a headache.   You and your borders border on insanity....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,360
Points 414,984
gini replied on Sat, May 18 2013 10:19 PM

back to plan A, i don't have enough material to do prairie points.  here are the two versions

above i was trying to decide which posts to use.  i went with the light blue, it looks a lot better in person

i thought i was going to do the bottom picture, but i didn't have enough material, so i will do it like the one above.   looking at the right side.   this works out fine, it gives me more area to applique.

the outside border isn't nearly as peachy as it looks.  i have the last three rows to stitch together and i can start planning the applique on the border. 

thank you nana.   this was a great pattern to work with.  

hmm, maybe i can still add prairie points to the out side as the last border, in that green.  

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,430
Points 40,415
Mimi replied on Sat, May 18 2013 10:38 PM

gini:
so i will do it like the one above.

I love the light blue cornerstones with your border.  The triangles in the borders on the lower photo are pretty but  seem a little busy and might detract from all your wonderful applique.  Glad you decided on plan A. Can't wait to see it finished.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,825
Nana replied on Sun, May 19 2013 8:31 PM

Gini

I llike the light blue.  It makes your blocks really float.   Also love the border fabric.   Going to be very pretty when you finish.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Mon, May 20 2013 4:21 AM

Gini I like the blue cornerstones, it softens the look.  I would love to have seen you  do the prairie points but wow that would have hard to match up with the half cornerstones on the end.  Perhaps it will be easier to do them on the last border.  Can't wait to see the applique, that is something I don't seem to have a knack for so love to see what you all can do with it.

Paris, Ontario

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 312
Points 7,115
didash replied on Sat, May 25 2013 3:13 PM

Does anyone have a copy of Marti Mitchell's Kaleidoscope ABCs book?  I just received the fabric for the quilt and now can't find my book after tearing the entire house apart!!!!  My DH will have a royal fit if I purchase a second copy.  Can anyone help???

Thanks in advance!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,651
Points 135,982
Leslie replied on Mon, May 27 2013 5:51 AM

Gini, that sure is purrty,  love the green

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Mon, May 27 2013 11:18 AM

Gini your quilt colors are beautiful.  I like it better without the prairie points.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Sat, Jun 1 2013 2:17 PM

I have IE on Windows 8 and couldn't get back on.  Thank goodness I finally got the fix.  Top still needs to be quilted but am happy I could return.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Tue, Jun 4 2013 9:52 PM

My top is awaiting my decisions on the borders, but two friends have theirs done, one is a finished quilt!  Me and my other friend will get ours finished soon, I hope, and will send more pictures.  We loved this pattern, small pieces and all!  I like all the ones I've seen, in all the colors!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Jun 23 2013 1:31 PM

hi Everyone , so we got married, had a great time. Except I can tell you everything is up hill in the san juan islands. either a slope or stairs, then you turn the corner and there is some more .  So My name will (hopefully) appear as Tami Paul.  Okay dont have wedding pics yet but here are a couple from my camera. Married on Ocras island, san juan , washington June 16 2013

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,473
Points 116,850

Congratulations on the wedding Walla2. You couldn't have picked a more beautiful place than the San Juans. You're right about the hills. I've biked Orcas, which is nothing but hills; Lopez which is better and San Juan Island out to Roche Harbor and Cattle Point which is not too bad.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 9 of 12 (172 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use