rated by 0 users
This post has 171 Replies | 55 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 78
Points 2,940
Sheila replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:31 PM

Dara,

That black kitty was just the one that happened to be handy for a photo op (her name is Batzie);  I have a couple of other cat models to choose from, but they were snoozing in another room!  They may yet end up in one of my MQ8 pics; photos always look better with cats!

I did end up getting paid $45 for that binding, but I didn't ask for that much....this was done for a little old lady in a nursing home, so I let her decide! 

Sheila in MT

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 870
Points 14,235
Dara replied on Thu, Apr 4 2013 6:37 PM

Sheila,  sounds like a good solution.  We just have one cat, a tortoise shell, or should I say she has us.  :-)   She always has to 'test' every quilt.

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 930
Points 15,565
Marge P replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 1:58 AM

Sheila:

Dara,

That black kitty was just the one that happened to be handy for a photo op (her name is Batzie);  I have a couple of other cat models to choose from, but they were snoozing in another room!  They may yet end up in one of my MQ8 pics; photos always look better with cats!

I did end up getting paid $45 for that binding, but I didn't ask for that much....this was done for a little old lady in a nursing home, so I let her decide! 

Sheila in MT

So glad you got more than the $10 for doing that binding.  You did a great job and it really sets the quilt off.   I LOVED the picture of your black kitty on the quilt.  She looks like a spitting image of our cat Rastus, we had to have put down last summer.  He loved checking out any new quilt top or finished quilt.  He just always had to put his stamp of approval on things!

Marge P

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 6:19 PM

On step three, how many of those bars with the 9 patches on the end are we suppose to have? I do not have enough 9 patches for all the bars.  Help!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,486
Points 22,015
Susie replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 11:55 AM

Oi...I haven't even cut my fabric out yet.  I just don't have it in me right now.  So, I'll save the steps and watch the progress of y'all, cheering from the sidelines.

Struggling too much with mom's passing to really focus on so many projects.  Right now, I need to focus on the RRs, and then the two baby quilts that need to be done (one last week and it's not even cut out yet!). 

Just too many projects for working FT again.  Dang it anyway!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 773
Points 11,600
weezee56 replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:10 PM

Susie so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 8:57 PM

Leone,

there are a total of 36 sets, you will have extra 2" strips for another step.....

Lisa

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:56 PM

Leone

There is supposed to be bars left over.  There should be 36 of the 9 patch / bar combinations.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Tue, Apr 9 2013 2:10 PM

Thank you Nana.  That is just what I have.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 53
Points 1,055
Leone replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:33 PM

I have finished sewing Step 4 but before I continue on can you tell me if there is a particular way I should press?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190
Shasta replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:47 PM

Good grief! Could not log into QCA for the past month. Tried to email, tried to call. And then when it said to post problems it wouldn't let me unless I logged in! Grrrr! Frustrating!  Finally my daughter tells me, "Don't use internet explorer, it's crap" So I logged onto QCA using Google Chrome and what do ya know? Here I am! ...4 steps behind in the mystery quilt.  Catching up oughta be fun!

Tammy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 561
Points 9,895
Tami Paul replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:58 PM

Shasta, I had the same problem late last fall when I got the new laptop. It has windows 8. My son finally came to town and he told me to use chrome too. I have since found other sites that I am having the same problem with.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 395
LaDonna replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:23 PM

Suzie,

So sorry about your mom passing.  I lost my mom 2 years ago and am just now finding enthusiasm in quilting again.  Permit yourself to say "No" when you know you can't.  And some projects may need to go back into the closet for the time being.  Maybe those two baby quilts could become "toddler" quilts later.  Focus on the one project that gives you the most pleasure.  Sometimes we try to do too much when we just need to rest, heal, and be kinder to ourselves.  Grieving is hard work.  Praying for you!

LaDonna

Addicted to Quilting in Clancy, MT

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:38 PM

Leone

Press toward the dark.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,490
Nana replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:40 PM

Guys

I am very sorry that I haven't been keeping up very well.   DH is in the hospital after having a heart attack and also has pneumonia.   Pretty stressful at my house right now.  

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 65
Page 5 of 12 (172 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use