Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 35
Points 710
jadavn replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 10:51 PM

Apparently I can't type tonight. I meant red.

San Jose, CA

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,791
Points 31,005
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 10:52 PM

Gina,

I love your colors and the border too! I can't wait to see it in the quilt.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,791
Points 31,005
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 10:56 PM

Nana:

... I also have a furbaby named Pancho.  He is a 5 pound chihuahua.   He will be getting a baby brother in about 2 wks.  His new brother is also a chihuahua and I think will be named Remy after the rat in rattatoile..sp?. ...  

I forgot to mention my two dogs... both little Chihuahuas. thanks for reminding me, Nana! Look forward to seeing a picture of your new one if you can get one. Mine won't let their picture be taken!

Thanks, Nana, for the introduction. I, too, have enjoyed reading everyone's bio/introduction of themselves!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:05 PM

jadavn:

Gina,

These are great! If you have enough, I think the read would also make a great binding.

Judy

San Jose, CA

Thanks Judy!  I love your idea of using the red for the binding!  If I don't have enough, I'll just buy more!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:05 PM

Roxana:

Gina,

I love your colors and the border too! I can't wait to see it in the quilt.

Thank you Roxana!  I can't wait either!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 12:10 AM

Gina

Those fabrics are lucious.   Can hardly wait to these worked up.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 12:29 AM

Nana:

Gina

Those fabrics are lucious.   Can hardly wait to these worked up.

Thank you Nana!  I can't wait either!  I am really excited about this Mystery Quilt project.

Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 670

Thought I had introduced myself but guess I didn't here.

I am Pam from Sask Canada.   Currently we have 6 + feet of snow and I have had enough of it lol.  This is my first Mystery Quilt and I think it will be fun but a bit of a challenge for me as I am a very visual person and like to have the complete picture before hand lol.  If the quilt turns outt I will give it to my cousin for his wedding in June.  I chose a dark brown and a cream as I want neutrals since I don't know what colors they like.  I  will choose border fabric after the top is done.

I have 6 children DS 24(and married) DD 21, DD 19, DS 6, DS 4, DS 20months.  I homeschool the kids and graduated the oldest 3.  My dh and I have been married for 23 years and we also have a Belgian Shepherd named Cider.

I am a group leader for our homeschool group and in my other free time I like to read, crochet or scrapbook.

I noticed than another quilter sets her machine up so she can watch baseball while she sews.  My machine and cutting table is also set up so I can watch tv while I sew except I watch curling or Canadian Football, most of my quilting gets done during football season.

Pam

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 305
SewFreak replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 3:57 PM

Hi!  My name is Janet.  I live in Milford Indiana and love to do mystery quilts so I thought I would give this one a try.  I purchased a bright light green and brown print for my light and dark colors which coordinate with a modern looking floral print for my borders. I must now get busy on cutting everything out.   I have been quilting about 15 years.  My mother, twin sister and I quilt together whenever we can.  I work as an ultrasonographer and clinical instructor at our local hospital so time is limited for me to quilt.  I try to do at least an hour or so after work and on the weekends.  Time for me to get started!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 385
Heather replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 8:49 AM

Hello. My name is Heather and I live on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.  I participated in MQ6 and have the top all done, backing ready but haven't done the quilting yet.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do MQ8, but have the fabric ready to cut.  I can't wait to see how the whole quilt is going to go together, using just two colours for the main quilt.  I picked out the the light and dark first, then went back to the fabric store later for the border. 

I love everyone's colour choices.

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 85
AmyFCM replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 12:52 PM

this is going to be fabulous, heather.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 2:13 PM

Heather:

Hello. My name is Heather and I live on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.  I participated in MQ6 and have the top all done, backing ready but haven't done the quilting yet.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do MQ8, but have the fabric ready to cut.  I can't wait to see how the whole quilt is going to go together, using just two colours for the main quilt.  I picked out the the light and dark first, then went back to the fabric store later for the border. 

I love everyone's colour choices.

I love your fabric choices!  Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 2:29 PM

Heather, love your color choices.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 24 2013 3:54 PM

Heather

I love your fabrics.  Those are going to make a really pretty quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 220

Well, I finally got around to taking a photo of my fabrics.  They have been cut out for over a week.  I have not decided which of the 2 border fabrics that I will use.  I guess it will depend on the way to quilt looks and how much I will need.  I may even switch to a red, white, and blue fabric and make it patriotic.  Possibly use it as a tablecloth for the 4th of July.  I can hardly wait for the next step to be released

Page 12 of 13 (185 items) «Prev910111213Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use