Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 290

Hello Raewyn.....do you live on Norfolk Island by any chance?     I went to one of the lovely quilt-ins there 2 years back and I remember a Raewyn was an Islander. 

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Dawnab12 replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:27 PM

Hi, my name is Dawna.  I live in Texas and I am a store manager at a fabric store. I have been quilting for about a year

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 426
Points 8,540
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:27 PM

Hi Darlene, I am so sorry to read about your loss, I know what it is like....we lost our son 10 yrs. ago, he was 20. It does get better with time..and lots of prayers....welcome to the club....I too am new here and looking forward to this Mystery Quilt, I have never done one and it's kind of exciting! Let's get cutting!!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 506
Points 10,015
Judi replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:04 PM

Darlene, I really know how you feel.  We lost our 23 year old son on Sept 11th at the World Trade Center. Things are never normal again, but you learn to cope with the NEW normal.  Not a day passes that I don't think about Josh, his infectious laugh, joy for life and his swagger.  If you ever want to reach out, I am here. 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 10
Stephanie replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 11:07 PM

Hi

my name is Stephanie, I live in Littleton, Colorado.   I have 2 grown children and 1 dog.  I have been quilting on-and-off for 20 years.  I was taught by my mom, hand quilting, which takes a lot of time but is worth the effort.  I have never done a mystery quilt before and am looking forward to searching through my fabric stash tomorrow.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 24
Points 455
Raewyn replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 5:17 AM

Hi Sandra

No I've never been to Norfolk but I'd love to one day. My mum and dad have been there and loved it.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 255
Francie replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:01 PM

Hi, My name is Francie and I live in the Grand Rapids area of Michigan. This is my fourth mystery quilt. I have not finished MQ7 yet, life got in the way.  I am hoping to get my fabric next week.  I am rather a novice with computers ... I know enough to be dangerous. I am looking forward to this adventure!

Francie

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 65
Margaret replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:16 PM

My name is Margaret and I am from Arkan  sas..  I have been quilting for a long time, but have just begun to quilt more seriously. I am looking forward to the Mystery quilt.  I am looking forward to seeing all the quilts.

Margaret

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,830
Points 31,860
Roxana replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:47 PM

Where in Arkansas? You are about the closest person to me! Hi, Neighbor! Welcome!

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 710
Bigburt replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 9:48 PM

Hi everyone I'm Cheryl love to quilt love a good mystery. Have already picked fabric dark blue & red hope it turns out great . 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:21 PM

Bigburt, blue and red can be quite close in value.  Do you think you have enough contrast with your two colors?  Have you tried taking a black and white picture to see if one stands out as dark and one as light?  Just trying to be helpful...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Not Ranked
Posts 32
Points 710
Bigburt replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:49 AM

Good morning from the cold state of MN took your advice you were correct to close . This is a photo of other choices please tell me what you think

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:50 AM

Darlene

I am so sorry for your loss.  It is so hard to loose loved ones but loosing a child is especially heartbreaking.   I am glad that you have gotten back to quilting.  It is great therapy.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 34
Points 530
Jennifer replied on Sun, Mar 17 2013 2:56 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Jennifer and I live in Winnipeg Manitoba  (Canada). Although I've been sewing since I was 11, I am a novice quilter. I've never made a mystrey quilt but very much looking forward to it. I've chosen a royal blue and white. Blue is my oldest daughters favorite color and I will be making the quilt for her. She has been a rock of support to me over the last 1 1/2. due to my PTSD from a violent attack. My body has healed, now I'm working on the mental part of it. I think that quilting will have will have a tremendouse effect on me, as well as showing my daughter how much I love and truely appreciate her. I have 3 daughters 29, 27 she lives in Alberta and my youngest is 15 and lives with me. I'm a nana too, to 2 handsome grand-sons 3,5 and 1 lovely grand-daughter that just turned one.

I really looking forward to getting started as weel as getting to know you ladies a little better.

What I make with my hands, I give of my heart.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 635

Hi everyone!!  I'm Beth.  I'm originally a New Yorker/New Jerseyan, but for the past two years reside in Concord, NC, which is just north of Charlotte.   I absolutely love it here.   This is my very first mystery quilt.  A co-worker, Mama Vines, shared her passion with me and introduced me to this mystery quilt.  I have made only one 'quilt' (that's what I called it back then), but now realize I may have just sewn together a bunch of pastel gingham squares to make a baby's quilt.   I enjoyed it so much, I bought a quilt kit, but may have been a little over-zealous for my first 'real' quilt.   I very quickly got frustrated and put-off by the little pieces I had to work with, plus the bear-paw print!!!   So, I lost the spark.  But, it's BACK!!   I'm soooooooo excited, and nervous, about this mystery quilt.   All the questions that have come up, confuse me more, but I have Mama Vines to guide me!   I've bought my fabric, but am concerned about cutting just yet.   Going to make sure I understand it fully, before I start.   Anyway, I'm here, ready to get to work and can't wait to see my mystery quilt!!  Thanks so much for the opportunity Nana!!!

Page 9 of 13 (185 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use