Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:04 AM

Hi Nana, Thank you for another mystery quilt. I hope you are doing well. I am Sharon from upstate New York and am looking forward to doing this one with you and the gang... it sounds like fun...I have missed everyone on here, it seems like the winter was never going to end and now I am so looking forward to the warmer weather, as I am sure many others are as well...Happy Quilting Everyone and Good Luck....

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 3:38 AM

Hi all ,I'm Barbara,I live in Liberty Missouri.  I have been an QCA member for 3 years, and I run several groups here. this is my fourth  MQ , and I'm going to do my very best to keep up with this one.  Look forward to seeing what Y'all do with your fabric.  I have been quilting since 2009, and consider myself to be a intermediate beginner. . I'm a retired widow , and I spend most of my day at the machine.  so hope Y'all have a great time with this MQ. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

I'm Bayla, and I live in south Florida -- Palm Beach Gardens, to be exact.  I'm 73 years old, 2 grown children and 3 grandchildren ages 22, 20, and 18.  [Gasp!  Where did my babies go??]

I used to sew clothing for the family, and when the grands were babies I did cross-stitch crib blankets and quilted flannel backings on them.  A few years ago I came back to sewing, and somehow wound up quilting. 

I've done two 'quilts from scratch' so far; another quilt top is almost finished, and two more are in the design-and-accumulate-fabrics stage.  I approach this MQ's 'scant quarter inch seams' with fear and trembling!   I promised myself I wouldn't do it, I'd only watch, but here I am.  I have two yards of my 'dark' fabric in stash, and two of my 'light' fabric -- the light fabric is still available (the dark is not), which I take as a Sign that I should make the MQ8 :)

I'll need a lot of hand-holding, I suspect! 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 75

Hello!

My name is Darlene and I live in sunny Conway, SC. I have only been quilting for about 10 months, and this will be my first Mystery Quilt! I lost my daughter Dec. 26th to an illness (unexpectedly), and she was always telling me to take more time for "ME", and this is what I enjoy doing, so here I am. I have a son, and he has three young boys. I made each of them a quilt, and I am proud of my accomplishments! 

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 215
Kathy replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:55 AM

Hi Nana,

I'm Kathy, and I'm excited to do my first mystery quilt! In the past I've really enjoyed sewing, quilting, crocheting, smocking, and doing needlepoint. But as a wife of one, mother of three, and math teacher of thousands, I didn't spend as much time with those hobbies as I would have liked. Now that I've retired from teaching I see a whole world in front of me--can't wait to fill it with projects!!

Recently I've made t-shirt quilts for my three sons and for several other young people, as well as  four memory quilts. Also, I've joined with ladies in my church to make quilts to be donated to charities.

I'm off to buy my fabric! Thanks so much for planning this mystery quilt for us. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Kathy

Central Texas

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Oh, Darlene, I'm so sorry for your loss!  I can say only that here you will find supportive buddies, for living as well as for quilting.  I hope you continue, and that quilting brings some rays of sunshine back to you. 

Please join the chatter in the 'are you ready for mq8?' thread -- that's where I've found a compatible group of companions, ladies from all around the world. 

And again -- in the words of my tradition, "May your daughter's memory be for a blessing."

-- Bayla

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 485
Points 9,195
Jan replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 10:34 AM

Sharon, Where in upstate NY.  I am in Rochester and was born in Syracuse. Welcome.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 85
AmyFCM replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:24 PM

Hi Darlene,

I cannot even imagine your loss.  I hope with time great memories will fill some of the void.

I love Conway.  Our son and DIL  lives in Murrell's inlet, and we have been to Conway a couple of times... lovely town. Have you always lived there?  Amy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:26 PM

Hi Rebecca

I live in Grangeville, let me know if you ever come over.

Sue J

Sue

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 1,620
Sue Jones replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:30 PM

Hi Nana and everyone,

This is my second or three mystery quilt, I love doing them Our quilt guild Sew Ciety Quilters did one last year for our quilt show - they turned out great.

I am retired Navy, but work full time at a manufacturing company, purchasing and configuration manager. I love to quilt, camp, 4-wheel and everything outside.

Can't wait to retire to sew all them time. :-)

Sue J

Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
vera39760 replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:51 PM

Hi, My name is Vera.  I live in Bay Minette, AL, just north of Mobile.   I've been married 40 years, have 3 children, 14 grandchildren, and a chocolate lab named Cocoa.  I love to quilt, sew, cross stitch, knit and crochet.  I've been teaching my grandchildren to sew, knit and crochet.   We started with quilt blocks.  3 of the DGDs have started making doll clothes, which I enjoy almost as much as quilting.  The knitting and crochet seem to be forgotten between visits, but I just like the chance to spend time with them.  My Mom moved in with me a little over a year ago.  I have been trying to get her re-interested in the things she taught me.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40

Hi,

I have never done a mystery quilt and have only started quilting the last two years since I retired.  I have  been sewing clothes for years, knitting and other needlework.  I learn what I do know about quilting from books and online classes and have finished two twin quilts.  Just finish the last yesterday with the free motion feathers done in the borders not perfect but neither I'm I.  I have also done the block of the month for 2012 and working on 2013 but I do have a tendency to do the blocks I like but I will not do that with the mystery quilt.  So if I ask a lot of questions or do not understand what you are talking about I apologize.

I live in Livonia, Michigan which is west of Detroit. Married 40 years, 3 grown children , 2 grandchildren and two dogs.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 75

Hi Amy,

We have lived in Conway for the past 30+ years. My husband and I  love it here and can't imagine living anywhere else. We have raised and showed Toy Poodles in AKC Conformation for the last 10 years. Hubby has chickens, goats, and rabbits. We are animal lovers!

My loss is huge, but I am thankful for the 23 years we had Amber as our daughter. She was a wonderful person and loved by many. She was a hairdresser at Supercuts in Carolina Forest, near Myrtle Beach. 

I have been reading posts, and there are so many nice people on here! I am looking forward to the quilting and making new friends:)

Now to get my fabrics for this project!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 507
Points 10,370
tnmtgrl replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:11 PM
I am Jennifer from Eastern TN, I have never done a mystery quilt before but I am looking forward to it very much. I have another project on my frame now and probably should not start something new but I am up to the challenge...let the fun begin!

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 75

Thanks Bayla!

I will go over to that thread...this is all new to me!

Darlene

Page 8 of 13 (185 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use