Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Hi Flo from Big Bear.  I have visited there many years ago.  It's BEAUTIFUL!

HI Sandra from Australia.  You are in the correct place.  The first directions should be up on March 15th.  Exactly where, I am not 100% sure, but you should find them if you look around a bit.  Someone should be around to help.  I am not very computer literate myself and have a little trouble finding my way around, but I usually find what I am looking for eventually.  The "Discussions" section seems to be helpful, and I think the directions for the quilt may be some place on the home page as well.  We'll see on March 15th.

Welcome All,   Denise

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Hi QDancer, Sue, and Judy.

Sue, two children in high school!  Been there with one son in high school who is now in college.  He said "why didn't anyone tell me high school was important."  I am so glad that is finished!  He is doing well in college though and I am very glad.

Judy, the south rim of the Grand Canyon!  How great.  I love that area!!!

Welcome all!   Denise

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 220

Hi, Nana,  I am Janis and I live in Garland, TX.  I am a mother of 4 and a grandmother to 6.  I enjoy mystery quilts and look forward to working on this one with the group.  Blessings to you and all in the group.

Janis

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 49
Points 565
Lisa C replied on Sun, Mar 10 2013 12:35 AM

Hello All,

I'm Lisa from DC.  I've been quilting about 15 years, started when I retire from the Army.  I have 2 children(Adults), 30 & 21 yrs.  this is my second mystery quilt, I just completed my first at a retreat only 2 weeks ago.  I'm looking forward to this adventure.....  Lisa

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:32 AM

Hi Nana,

I have decided to join this group and try to keep up. I haven't recovered from my broken elbow yet, but hope to be able to rotary cut again in a few weeks. I may lag behind a bit, but should be able to catch up once I am back in action. I've been wanting to do a white, off white. cream / and darker yellow, amber colored quilt for a while. I will have to visit the quilt shop and see what combination jumps up and says Hi. Who knows what light / dark color combination will say please take me home and make a quilt.

I have been quilting since 1987, took a few years off for school and business travel, back at it now and enjoying myself.  I have two grown children, by son lives in Phoenix area and my daughter lives in Boston area and just had twin baby girls, my first grandchildren. I have three furbabies, dogs, who love to help me quilt, as the quilts make a good spot to take a nap during the binding process.

Thanks for designing the MQ and leading the group.

Not Ranked
Posts 21
Points 625
SherrieLM replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 2:26 PM

Hi Nana-

I was only a beginning quilter in 2001 when life got in the way and it took 12 years before I got back to it. The quilt I just fiinished (that I was working on in 2001) is a queen-size Nana's Garden/ Mackie - is that one of your patterns? I posted a picture.  I always wanted to do a mystery quilt and I am excited to start. I am always fascinated by how each of us "sees" things differently when we see the final results.  I am a retired postmaster living in western washington - the perfect place for gardening (my other love) and quilting (when it rains).

This is going to be fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:13 PM

Sandra

Your post showed up just fine.  Welcome to the group.   The instructions for the Mystery Quilt will begin posting on March 15.  You will find these instructions in the Mystery Quilt 8 Workshop which will be in the left hand column of your home page.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, Mar 12 2013 10:56 AM

Hi Sandra!  My name is Flo McLaughlin.  I live in southern California USA. I too am a dinosaur when it comes to computers.  My hsuband finally bought me my very own laptop to force me to use them...so we can learn together.  My e-mail is: floscookin@gmail.com.  Feel free to contact me anytime.  I am a hand quilter but I am now piecing on the sewing machine.  See I am a dinosaur.  Welcome!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 5:44 AM

Judi:
Perhaps we can meet up and go together. I am supposed to be finishing my UFOs, but I seem to get sidetracked. I have actually a plan but I know I will find something at the show that I will NEED! LOL

Judi,

I've made plans to go to the AQS show on Friday.  Hope you can contact me and we can make some arrangements to go together.  Please answer my PM so we can talk privately.  Hope to see you soon.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 128
Points 1,775
beve99 replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 7:49 AM

Hello,

I'm Beverly from San Antonio.  I've been quilting since 1998.  I'm a hand quilter, so it took 5 years to complete my first quilt which I gave to my daughter.  Then we moved & I lost my stash.  I didn't want to start my next quilt until I found my stash because I knew I'd be making it for my son & I was determined to use some old Super Mario Bros fabric I had in my stash.  I finally broke down & organized the stuff in the garage & found my stash.  I've been working on my son's quilt for about 4 years now.  I've got it just about 1/2 way done. I'm also just about finished with a quilt for my 1st granddaughter who's due to arrive in early June.  I'll be machine quilting that one.  I've been taking long arm classes around town & at quilt shows, just to get my feet wet, so I'm super excited to actually have a project to work on!

This is my 3rd mystery quilt & they are really fun!  Good practice for improving my piecing techniques.  Can't wait for the 1st set of instructions on Friday! 

Beve

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 40
jadunn replied on Wed, Mar 13 2013 10:06 AM

Hi

My name is Julie, I live in the So. California desert with my DH of 27 years. Our daughter is 22 and living and attending school in the San Diego area.
I have been quilting and crafting off and on for 30ish years. Really seriously quilting for the last 5-10 years. I recently started my own long-arm quilting business. I also make t-shirt quilts.

I love Mystery Quilts. This will be my 3rd from Quilters Club, but my 6th overall. I have finished #6 (I can't remember the name) and Nana's Surprise. I am looking forward to # 8!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
jlmain replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:01 PM

My name is Janice, I live in Pensacola Florida. This will be my first mystery quilt - can't wait.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
jlmain replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:01 PM

My name is Janice, I live in Pensacola Florida. This will be my first mystery quilt - can't wait.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 23
Points 450
Raewyn replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:10 PM

Hello everyone my name is Raewyn and I live in Australia. I joined this board recently and saw this mystery quilt notice and would love to join in. I have made two mystery quilts and nearly finished a third. I have been quilting for about 18 months and still learning a great deal I'm getting very excited as the start gets closer (its Friday here already ) I'm looking forward to getting to know you and your quilts better. See you in class :)

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 890
EMILYS-2 replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:47 PM

Hi Everyone, '

My name is Emily I live in Minneapolis. I just recently moved back from Nevada. I have been quilting about 16 years now and love it. This will be my 2nd mystery Quilt. I cant wait to see everyones progress.

Emily

Page 7 of 13 (185 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use