Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 50
Sandra replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:34 PM

Hi!  I haven't posted on this website in quite a while so please bare with me. :)  I am Sandra, I have been quilting since 1992.  I LOVE mystery quilts and am looking forward to this one.  I am from North Alabama, have 2 children DD(14yo) & DS (20yo)  We have a small farm with goats, chickens a pigs and WAY to many cats(anyone want some?? lol )

I have quilted about 10 quilts mostly baby quilts for gifts and such.  Hand quilted a few before DS was born.  I have tops all over the place that I want to quilt but I don't have a long arm and I can't afford to have someone else do it so I guess they will just have to wait.  In the mean time I am making sure they have plenty of company.  LOL

Thanks for allowing me to join and come on March 15...I'm ready to pick out some fabrics!!!

Sandra

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 50
Lisa replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 5:08 PM

My name is Lisa. I have been quilting for 10 years and have dragged my mom along for the ride. I work full time so I dont get to quilt as often as I want to. I have been very lucky my husband let me take over our basement as my women cave. I have a long arm but dont have the time to use it. :( 

I love MQ and cant get enough of them. On New Years I was doing 4 of them. I have finished 3 plus one from 2 years ago. I have been working from my stash from the year I worked at a quilt store and my paycheck was fabric. I have made a small dent..... I am thinking I will wait till the 15 to pull fabric and may pull some fq to make my yardage so it will be controlled scrappy. 

My husband is Air Force for 21 years and we have 5 kids in our blended family. My 2 boys are 19 and 16. They live in Iowa with their dad who owns a Hot Rod shop. My Husbands kids are boy 16 girl 15 in AZ and boy 8 in OK they live with their moms. We have 2 dogs Duncan 9 and Conner 2.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Gini, surround sound is fantastic, why didn't I think of that....oh ya no room up here, I am pretty cramped.  It is wild, my new hearing aids have bluetooth so I can play my audiobooks or my movies (on my laptop) on my iphone or my computer and the sound goes directly into my hearing aids, how cool is that.

Amy I use the library for my audiobooks as well.  I mostly listen on my commute to and from work but when I get a really good one I will listen at home.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 2,520

Hi All!

My name is Christine, and I've been quilting for 15 years.  I have three grown children, and 5 grandchildren.  I've  worked on the last 4 MQ, ('worked on'  being the operative word, LOL),  I've completed only one.  The other three are waiting tfor borders, and/or to be quilted .....Never any time!  I LOVE this forum, there's so much creativity by everyone, and so helpful! The pictures that are posted are fun to see... I'm always looking forward to Fridays when the new clues come out.  Welcome to all the newbies, you'll love this journey!   I see some of the Mailbox Surprise 2013 group here as well!  Glad to see you all!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 2,520

Hi, Lisa!

My husband fixed me a small workroom  in our basement, (aren't we lucky?) and I go there and NO ONE bothers me!  I pull up my soaps on my computer, and watch while I sew!  LOL!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 229
Points 3,225
Gina replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 6:24 PM

Marilyn B:

Gini, surround sound is fantastic, why didn't I think of that....oh ya no room up here, I am pretty cramped.  It is wild, my new hearing aids have bluetooth so I can play my audiobooks or my movies (on my laptop) on my iphone or my computer and the sound goes directly into my hearing aids, how cool is that.

Amy I use the library for my audiobooks as well.  I mostly listen on my commute to and from work but when I get a really good one I will listen at home.

My sewing room is also pretty cramped.  I used the enclosed front porch, which is 11 feet by 10 feet, and it's all windows on three sides, so there's nowhere to hang anything on a wall.  And the wall attached to the house has French Doors, to which I also can't hang anything.  I use Harman/Kardon PC Surround Sound Speakers...they aren't real big so they don't take up a lot of space.  

I never knew that there was such a thing as bluetooth hearing aids!  How awesome is that!!!

I too love audiobooks, and I borrow a lot of them from the library.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 11
Points 145

Hi, my name is Eileen Caspers and I have been quilting since 2006.  It all began from wanting to do something in common with my mother and she had taken an interest in quilting and it intrigued me.  I have been quilting since and now teaching classes and leading a quilt club.  In our quilt club, we share tips, support, and encouragement to be the best you can be.  We laugh and have so much fun.

Sometimes I have to do things just for me to stay motivated and this mystery quilt group does it for me.

Personally, I have one daughter that is almost 25 (she turns 26 on April 14).  My husband is very supportive of my hobby and now I am trying to be supportive of his hobby by making quilts with birds and animals on them.  Quilts and quilting (I also do LA Quilting) is my creative outlet when I work in a job that is not hands-on.  I need the opportunity to let my brain wheels turn.

Looking forward to this activity.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5
faber2658 replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 11:46 PM

Hi, my name is Jessie.  I am from Mora, MN.  This will be my second mystery quilt.  I have 4 children; 5,8,10,18.  I have picked up quilting again in the last 2 years.  I have just started to do free motion quilting.  Can't wait to do another mystery. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 55

Hello

I am Lori, and I live in Anchorage, Alaska...originally from NW Pennsylvania.  I will be 50 this summer and bought my very first sewing machine about 6 months ago.  After gettting some help from a co-worker to make a baby quilt for my sister in law, I have been hooked on quilting ever since.  I have watched hundreds of online tutorials, taken classes at the local quilt store and bought several books and magazines.  I have forged ahead with the idea that I am trying everything and afraid of nothing.  I have learned a few things so far.....I hate hand sewing bindings, minkee fabric is NOT my friend, applique is pretty cool, and my husband and his McGyver-like handyman skills come in very handy when setting up a sewing room.  This is my first Mystery quilt and I look forward to the challenge!! 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 484
Points 9,190
Jan replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 10:48 AM

Hi, I am Jan.  I live in Rochester NY now, but have previously resided in Syracuse, NY; San Antonio, TX; Aurora, CO (denver border); Colorado Springs, CO; Falls Church, VA; Washington DC; North Las Vegas, NV; Henderson NV and now Rochester.  Hubby did some military time.  I am married for 36 years, have 3 grown children DD 35, DS 33, DD 31 and 2 granddaughters 14 and 7.  The other household members are 2 dogs and 1 cat.

I have been sewing most of my life. Took a quilting class just after my third child was born but was busy raising them and put quilting back on hold.  I have been back quilting more seriously for about 3 or 4 years.  I have done MQ 3 through MQ 7 here on QCA.  I recently quilted them all.  (October through January) DH suggested others could love them more than the cat, who was rotating most favorite top on a regular basis.  He was right.  And how better to learn than to do.  It actually helped me open my eyes to some of my piecing oversights.

I am definitely looking forward to doing this MQ

Jan

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 3,255

Hi Everyone, I am Carmel, I live in Macungie, PA (Lehigh County) about 60 miles north of Philadelphia. I have been married 48 years and have one son Matthew and a cockapoo named Socks. My hubby and I are retired now and enjoying life.

I started quilting about 25 years ago by taking classes in the local quilt shops, but never did very many since I worked full time. I have made more quilts in the last two years and I am loving every minute of making them. I did  the MQ 7, I will post my picture soon. I have a Bernina 160, but recently purchased a Baby Lock Smyphony and this is the best sewing machine I have ever used.  I want to take a course to learn machine quilting, I have tried on my own but wasn't real happy with the outcome.

I am trying to get use to this website, once I know how to post pictures of my quilts I'll get them posted for you to see. I would like feed back on them. If anyone is from my area of PA let me know, it would be nice to meet quilters in Macungie.

I am looking forward to making the MQ8, thanks Nana for making this mystery quilt.

C A R M E L

Lansdale, PA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
Points 1,120
Jo replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:14 PM

Hello,

My name is Jo and I live in Aurora, CO. I have three grown children and 3 grandchildren.   I have been quilting for about 5 years now.  This is my second mystery quilt and I am looking forward to it.  Along with quilting I also enjoy knitting and reading. 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 40,955
ls2116 replied on Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:20 PM

Been on QCA year made a couple mystery quilts.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 132
Points 1,755
SoBuzy replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 1:07 AM

Nana, my name is Ruth Ann aka SoBuzy.  I am from Lake Ozark, Missouri and I am joining your group as my first mystery.....can't wait to start!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 80

Good morning,

My name is Colette, and I share a huge old farmhouse with my dear husband, daughter and three grandsons.  I have been sewing all of my life, but quilting for about 30 years.  I have really picked up my quilting lately since I have my own room for my chaos.  I can't wait to do a mystery quilt.

Page 5 of 13 (185 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use