Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 449
Points 8,955
Judi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 12:15 PM

I live in Yardley.  Since you live in Montgomery, are you familiar with the Round Bobbin?  I took the tuffet class and had a blast, and finished!  I would live going to the show!  Perhaps we can meet up and go together. I am supposed to be finishing my UFOs, but I seem to get sidetracked. I have actually a plan but I know I will find something at the show that I will NEED! LOL

judi

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Points 265

Hi to everyone, My name is Kathy and I live in Michigan.  We just moved here 8 years ago from Ilinois.  I have 3 wonderful grown children and 2 adorable granddaughters!  I have been quilting for 17 years and love, love, love it.  I only wish there were more hours in a day.  I recently retired as an R.N. and now work 2 days a week in a quilt shop surrounded by 3,000 bolts of beautiful fabric.  With all the projects that I have started, all in various stages, I should have started quilting at age 3. LOL.  This is my first ever mystery quilt and I can't wait to start but I am still deciding on my color choices.  BTW, many thanks to Nana for heading this wonderful adventure that all of us will enjoy.

Kathy

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:17 PM

Judi:
are you familiar with the Round Bobbin?

I knew Susan before she opened the Round Bobbin.  Oh it would be so great to go to the show with another quilter.  I've lived in this area of PA almost my entire life.   I am a full time teacher and have driven throughout Central Bucks SD as a per diem sub many times before I got my permanent contract so I'm familiar with Yardley. I wouldn't mind taking a day if the Friday of the show would better fit your schedule.   I'm going to PM you so we can make the arrangements privately.  Look for an email soon.   I'm supposed to be working on my UFO's too but I always find something else that tickles my fancy more. LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Hi.  Greenmonstr here.  I live in New England.  This is my fourth or fifth mystery quilt, some from other sites.  I'm currently working on a bunch of baby quilts for the NICU at a local hospital.  I don't have as much time as I used to for quilting, but I stlll love it!  I'm going to get a little TV for my sewing room so I can watch baseball and sew at the same time...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:07 PM

greenmonstr:
I'm going to get a little TV for my sewing room so I can watch baseball and sew at the same time...

Do it greenmonstr.  I love having my little TV in my sewing space.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,095
didash replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:00 PM

Mimi - 

I would LOVE to go to the Lancaster show - especially with other quilters from the area (no one near me quilts :(  )...but unfortunately we won't be back home until late May...we are still living aboard our sailboat for the winter.  We head back north approx the 15th of March and need to make a 2-week stop in Beaufort, SC to have the boat repainted before we continue north.  Sure hope you will post info about the show along with all the cool "stuff" you find!!!  I'm so jealous.  Perhaps there will be another event that we can meet up for.

BTW - LOVE the last quilt you posted!  The borders were awesome and complemented the quilt perfectly!  I aspire to someday be able to quilt that well :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 90
Karen replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:24 PM

Hi All,

My name is Karen.  I live in usually sunny Clearwater, Fl.  This is my second mystery quilt.  I did the mystery quilt #6 and had alot of fun.  I have been sewing most of my life.  Taught by my grandmother when I was a child.  I have been quilting about 8 years, and have given most of my finished work away as gifts.  I only have the very first thing I did which was a lap quilt.  I have been married 29 years and have one married son and 2 grandchildren.  I can't wait to start this quilt.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Hi everyone,  

My name is Denise.  I have been quilting for about 23 years.  I have a lot of UFO 's.  This is my second Mystery Quilt.  My husband of 29 years and I live in Sebastian, FL.  We have one son, 19 years old and in college.  We also have one Pomeranian, two cats, and a leopard gecko.  I work full time and love to quilt in my spare time.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:20 PM

Hi,

This will be my first mystery quilt and I'm looking forward to it.  I have been quilting seriously for the last 3 years, I made quilts for my grown son and two grown daughters this past year.  Before that I quilted a little but would put it away for years at a time... but now I'm on a roll :)   I also have a grandson and that boy has A LOT of quilts and blankets :)   I like to use patterns but I prefer to design my own.  I am working on learning to free motion that looks good, other than that I mostly quilt patterns.

Sandy 

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 5

Thank you Shasta7 for your honesty. I too have inherited and made many tops but no quilts. OK, I finished one baby quilt for my first daughter who is now 28 and I hand quilted a top from my great aunt. That was done then the same daughter was 3. Now if if I could just get to the 7 others that are patiently waiting... To inspire myself I am doing the "Silvia's Bridal Sampler" with a group of other ladies at a local quilt shop and I just joined two quilting guilds.

I am Colleen from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have three daughters, two who live with me, 28 & 25 plus another who is living 90 miles away and is self supporting who is 21. The 28 year old has three children who also live with us... long story... plus my West Highland Terrier mix Butch, who I only temporarially named him that due to his haircut but then we adopted him so it stuck, and a foster Westie named Buddy who has lived with us for just one week. He has siezures due to a skull fracture somewhere in his lifetime. When you do dog fostering you learn it just isn't worth asking some questions. Oh ya, there is my gift from God, my amazing, supportive and patient husband of 13.75 years; yes, you may pray for him ;-). He is a musician who supports us and his own musical ambitions by being a corporate writer.

I love to knit, crochet, spin, embroider and sew... just please do not ask me to glue anything; I totally fail at gluing.

I hope to keep up with all of you doing this mystery... mostly because I just don't have enough to do. Bwahahaha!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

greenmonstr:
I'm going to get a little TV for my sewing room so I can watch baseball and sew at the same time..
Hi Greenmonstr.  I have a laptop in my sewing room and usually put movies on while sewing.  Sometimes if I am ironing I will watch a Craftsy lesson or two.  Baseball sounds great though.

Paris, Ontario

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
ttpanek replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:58 AM

My name is Tawnya. I am a fairly new quilter, I started quilting about a year ago. My husband also quilts with me. We have jumped in completely. We even bought a long arm. I absolutely love it. This will be my first mystery quilt, I am quite excited. But have no idea what to expect.

Tawnya

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 71
Points 1,690
Ginny H replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:38 PM

I am Ginny H and was a member of Mystery Quilt 4 which I truly enjoyed.  Have been quilting for a number of years and do enjoy learning new techniques.  I have also done a number of mystery quilts, before they were done on computer-through the local quilt shops.  I am just starting at machine quilting some of my bigger quilts so maybe I can get my prior quilt machine quilted.  I am looking forward to the new mystery.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,310
Gina replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:39 PM

Marilyn B:

greenmonstr:
I'm going to get a little TV for my sewing room so I can watch baseball and sew at the same time..
Hi Greenmonstr.  I have a laptop in my sewing room and usually put movies on while sewing.  Sometimes if I am ironing I will watch a Craftsy lesson or two.  Baseball sounds great though.

I keep my laptop in my sewing room all the time and I have a pd subscription to Hulu Plus, so I am always watching my favorite weekly TV shows and even movies, while I work on projects.  I even have surround sound speakers hooked up to my laptop...LOL!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 85
AmyFCM replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:15 PM

I use audiobooks when I quilt.  Many libraries have them for free now, to download right onto a computer or MP3, or have discs to check out...

• Post Points: 20
Page 4 of 13 (185 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use