Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,580
Points 23,980
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:27 PM

I'm Susie and live near Chicago.  I'm a singlr granny of 2 kids & 2 beautiful granddaughters.  This will be my third mystery quilt.  I"m so very excited to be doing another one.  I love the fun of each step being revealed as you go along.

I know that it's a two color quilt, and I need to get some fabric for the swaps this weekend.  I'll look and see what calls my name while I"m there.  I believe it was stated that we would be ok with 3 yards of each color. 

I'm not making this for anyone special.  I'm going to take a page out of someone else's book and just make the tops as they appeal to me.  Then when I need a quilt for someone, I can let them "shop" from my UFO pile and just get it quilted and the binding on it.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:33 PM

Hi Nana, Thanks for hosting this again.  This will be my sixth mystery quilt with QCA.  I've only completely finished one of them but I get the other tops  out and dream of quilting them.  I'll celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary this June.  We have two adult children, a DD and a DH.  We also have two adorable DGD's who you see on my avatar.  I've been sewing since I was about 12 but have narrowed down my crafts  to quilting, knitting/crocheting and counted cross stitch.  As was said by some sage person, we quilters are like foam insulation.  We expand to take up the space we have with all our fabric, notions and goodies.  I'm no exception.  I'm looking forward to making MQ 8 as I'm using it for Christmas presents (I'm making 2) for my DD and DDIL.  I've chosen to use their favorite colors as the solids.  Can't wait for March 15th!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,594
Points 26,785
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:36 PM

Hi I'm Barbara and live in Blanchard, Oklahoma.

Hello, Barbara - you're just down the road from me, I live in Bethany actually so not far.  Glad to see some other Okies here.  Wait, does your DH own a grain mill?  we have met, not in person but on here. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
joyann replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:37 PM

Hi, my name is Joy and this will be my first mystery quilt.  I live and quilt in Sandhollow, Idaho.  Can't wait to begin.

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320

Hello fellow campers!  I'm Brigit-Carol from Northwest Central Texas.  This is the second of Nana's quilts I've participated in, plus have done 4 from other boards.  Only one is actually completed, but I'm not going to let that slow me down.  Am looking forward to this one. 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20

My name is Bernie and I live outside of Atlanta, GA.  I have been quilting a couple of years, but have really become addicted in the last several months.  I've not done a mystery quilt before, but I did a BOM last year that was pretty much a mystery quilt.  I am really looking forward to this project--city streets has a good sound to it.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

I am new to quilting and ready for a new project, thought the idea of a mystery quilt would be fun.  I made my first quilt for my daughter's wedding last year, and have been bitten by the quilting bug. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:55 PM

Hi Nana,  my name is Donna.  I live in Prescott, AZ.  This month marks my second year as a quilter.  I am totally addicted to quilting.  I love the fabric, I even love cutting out the pieces.  I have yet to do any free motion quilting because it scares me to death.  I still work 30 hours a week as a cook and server so I dont have as much time to quilt as I would like, plus at my age, my jobs wear me out.  Anyway,  cant wait to get started.  I have many many ufo, so I may only print the instructions to start with but I do have the fabric picked out.  You said 2 contrasting colors.  However I am thinking about dark plum and light lavender,  would this be enough contract???

I hope so

Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 260

Hi, I'm hooked on mystery quilts and can hardly wait for this one to begin. As a grandma to three precious little ones I spend many hours quilting for them and love to work for the Project Linus group in our area. In the last mystery quilt 7 I goofed up on reading the directions and ended up with a "Happy Accident Quilt". No matter what it's cute and very useable. Let's get ready to sew, sew, sew.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

HI NANA       MY  NAME IS  EDWINA   THIS IS MY FIRST TIME MAKING A MYSTERY QUILT ON THE INTERNET  HOW DO I GET THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MATERIAL INFORMATION ?  RJOST1954@AOL.COM

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 95

I am Mama Vines, a name given to me over 20 years ago by a 6th grade class that stuck as the students said I was "like their mama".  Yes, I am in education and quilt as a stress relief; however most of my friends consider quilting stressful.  I have 2 grown children, 2 new grandsons, 2 dogs and 1 husband of 40 years.  I am a self-taught quilter and started quilting about 15 years ago with a sampler project that I am just now finishing.  This is an interesting project as I can visually see my progress throughout the years.   My speciality is baby / children quilts of which I have lost count. I call Florida home, but currently live in Matthews, near Charlotte, NC.  This is my first Mystery Quilt and I am very excited to join this group.  Please continue to post your locations as I am amazed where we are located and I need travel ideas for my summer trips!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi.   This is my first ever Mystery Quilt.  I'm excited to get started and am looking forward to doing something different.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 562
Points 10,840
Judi replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:59 PM

Hi.  I am also a NaNa from Bucks County, PA.  I am supposed to be only working on UFOs, but this intrigued me.  

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Hi all.  I am a library technician working in a high school.  Originally from Toronto but now living in Paris, Ontario.  I have 3 kids, My oldest son (30) is now working/living in Ann Arbor, my second son (28) is stationed in Edmonton and will be deployed to Kabul this June and my daughter (26) lives not far from me.  None are married yet so I am not a grandma.  I have been sewing since I was able to push the pedal on my grandmother's machine which now sits beside my Janomes.  I started quilting about 10 years ago when the kids outgrew mom making clothes and costumes.  I have done almost all the mqs but have not finished the top to mq 7 yet and am trying to find the time to sandwich mq6.  I have done others in between and am working on quilts for my 5 year old twin  grandniece and grandnephew.  DH and I have been married 34 year and he is retiring in 2 weeks.  I don't think it will last as he is not one to sit around but we will see.

Thank you Nana for leading us again.  It is alway fun and I can't wait to see your design.

Paris, Ontario

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 45

Hi Nana!  My name is Shiralee, and I live in Victoria, MS.  I started quilting when I was 14 years old, but have not done anything for a number of years. I am looking forward to the accountability of this group to help me get back into quilting. I have four children and 5 1/3 grandchildren.

Page 2 of 13 (185 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use