Introduce yourself please and WELCOME

rated by 0 users
This post has 184 Replies | 92 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2013 4:03 PM

I would love to know who all is working on this mystery.   Please introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 1205
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:07 AM

Hi,

My name is Annie.  I live in Sunny San Diego and have 3 DDs and 2 DGS.  I have been quilting for about 25 years, but going strong the last few years.  

This is my 2nd MQ and can't wait to meet everyone and get started.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:27 AM

Good morning Nana. My name is Angele. I live in Northwestern Ontario. This will be my fourth mystery quilt. I have  learned so much about my own sense of creativity.  I find it hard to decide colors blind, but the good thing is that it gives me free range on my way of seeing things.  You are very clear in your instructions and I've always found it fairly easy to do.  I just can't wait to get started.

Angèle  from NWO

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:46 AM

Hi Nana,  Can't wait for this one since finally got MQ#1 to the long-armer this past week...lol  I'm sure I'll find the color to go with the bolt of white I have at the house.  I haven't even sneaked a peak while you were sleeping.....lol  For everyone else, I'm married for 44 years, no kids or grandkids.  I have 2 fur babies (cats).  I've been quilting for about 15 years.  I'm a transplant (darn Yankee) from Upstate NY (Albany area) to East Tn. after retirement from NYS Tax Dept.  Love it here and love to quilt.  I have a big quilt studio where guests can stay but I have to keep a watch on my stash. (Glares at Nana, Gini, and Barbara)..lol    Hope to see everyone's color pics.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 171
Points 4,865

Hi, my name is Martha. I live in Parker, CO but have lived in New Mexico, California, Connecticut, Ohio, and Idaho.  I have been sewing since I was little.  I started quilting about 20 years ago, but haven't spent much time at it until a few years ago.  I have 3 daughters and 3 grandkids (5, 12 and 17).

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,245
Points 25,195

Hi Nana, Can't wait for this to get started.  My health has been dicey so have not done any quilting since Leavenworth!!!!  I am using this to get me inspired again.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,577
Points 26,395
Debbie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:42 PM

Hi! I'm Debbie from Oklahoma City, heartland of America.  I have been married 40 years, have 3 grown childrem, oldest just turned 40; and 6 DGS, between ages 16.5 and 4 months old and 1 DGD, age 15.75, she's a handful.  I'm a veteran, work full-timeas a librarian and have been quilting about 15 years.  This is my second MQ and no, MQ7 isn't quilted yet, but I hope to give it to my gal who handquilts for me, on Sunday. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 208
Points 3,505
Pearl replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:48 PM

Hi!  Nana:  I too am excited about this mystery quilt.  This will be my sixth one.  I live in South Dakota.  Everyone that lives here is looking forward to Spring. I do have quite a few things coming up in March to keep my busy, but hopefully I will be able to keep up.  (I am already guessing what we will be working on LOL)   

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 215
Rebecca B replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 12:52 PM

Hello All

I live in Northern Idaho now after my hubby has medically retired from the Army.  We are from Idaho but were away for 14 + years.  We are both students now at U of Idaho in a small town called Moscow.  I have been quilting for 25+ years as I started when I was pregnant with our oldest son.   I love mystery quilts!  My other hobbies are crazy quilting, crocheting, knitting, reading, and in the non-winter months I even enjoy a little gardening.

I am excited to get started on this quilt but at the same time I am hoping it will not be too big as we live in a 40 ft. travel trailer until we get our house built. 

Take care all

Rebecca B

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 190
Shasta replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:58 PM

Hello,

My name is Tammy and I am from Central Iowa. I have been quilting for about 2 years. Well off and on. I have acquired ALOT of material and gadgets from various relatives who have given up the hobby. I have yet to complete a full quilt. Believe it or not, I have made quilt tops for all my kiddos, just havent quilted them yet. But I have a plan in place LOL.

I have 5 kids, ages 20, 18, 16, 16 and 12. I work full time and am a full time student. The quilting relaxes me, thank goodness something does! I just recently discovered a long arm quilter in my area and I am going to let her quilt the quilts that I do have so I can at least say I finished them!

I think my problem is that I pretty much taught myself to quilt from all the books I've read and videos I've watched. I would like to do this mystery quilt so that I can have some help along the way and get one finished all on my own.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hello everyone,

I've never done a mystery quilt. I'm pretty excited about it. I'm originally from southern California but now I live in a small town (900 people) in the Sierra mountains in northern California. I have three grown children and no grandchildren. I have a daughter 35 in Sacramento, a son 32 in Colorado and a baby son 28 in Thailand in a master's program for International Communication (thank God for skype).  I've been married for 35 years and he thinks I'm a hoarder of fabric. I consider myself a fabric collector. I've been quilting for about 3 years and sewing for about 40 years. I am very much addicted to quilting and fabric. I can't wait to see everyone's quilts. Thank you Nana for the pattern and hosting this.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 3
Points 50

I'm Rhonda, and I'm doing this Mystery along with another Mystery at the same time, I'm fearing I'll mix up instructions...but alas the adventure will be worth it.

I'm from Alberta Canada and work full time, run a retreat business on the side www.gigglesandgirlfriends.com and have 4 kids, quilt and scrapbook.....whew...that was exhausting just talking about it.  hehehehe

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,876
Points 32,565
Roxana replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:06 PM

I, too, have never done a mystery quilt but am looking forward to it. I'm an Arkansan through and through and currently live in Hot Springs VIllage. I first learned to quilt over 30 years ago but had to give it up for about 25 years and raise my 4 children (current ages 27-34). I love learning though. I don't free-motion yet but do all my own quilting on the sewing machine. I love most to piece a quilt. I have 5 grandchildren and a very wonderful husband. My husband loves that I quilt. I'm not sure what he thinks about all the fabric I have! Ha!... I'm currently working on a quilt for my older sister for Christmas. (Other family members will get them also). My other current project is making items for the Craft Fair for our local Quilt Guild. I can't wait until March 15 to see what we need to have and cut! Thanks, Nana, for hosting and creating!
Roxana in Arkansas 

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 85
AmyFCM replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 3:13 PM

HI Nana,

Looking forward to this project.  I really should not start something new, but this was too intriguing to pass up!

I am currently living in Columbia, SC but will be moving to the Pinehurst NC area in the fall.

Been quilting about 6 or 7 years now...

Looking forward to "meeting" the fellow mystery quilters.

Amy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 50

Hi  I'm Barbara and live in Blanchard, Oklahoma.  I have 2 grown children and 3 grandchildren and they all love getting quilts from their Nana.  I'm looking forward to getting started on    Mystery quilt 8.  I participated in Mystery quilt 7 but I messed up ( should have asked for clarification)  It's hanging on my design wall right now and I'm trying to decide whether I should do another using correct instructions. Again,  I'm looking forward to getting started and hope I don't mess up again

• Post Points: 50
Page 1 of 13 (185 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use