The block are 8 1/2 x 9.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:01 PM

Thanks Spudgrandma, mine were not laying out right so I am wondering if I sewed them together wrong. Was I suppose to sew the small strip set to the right side for all the blocks?

from TN

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:13 PM

Nana:

Bev

The block are 8 1/2 x 9.

Thanks Nana, I hope you are feeling better.  I really like this pattern so thanks for doing this one.   I was laying my blocks out but felt I had made an error somewhere. I have asked Spudgramma (since she also answered my earlier question if I was supposed to sew the strip sets the same way for all.  On some of mine I had sewed the small strip on the right side and some own the left side. When I just used the ones that were all the same way they layout better so I would like your input. I plan on using this pattern again and don't want to make a mistake again if that is what I did.  

Thanks

from TN

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I tried to post a tutorial for you and it would not let me, if this actually posts I will try the tutorial tomorrow.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

To answer your question, you sew the 5.5" sides together.

Here is a link to Wendy's tutorial. Scroll down the page about half way to Wendy's post with pictures, it is very helpful.   Wendy's Tutorial

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 8:26 AM

Thanks Spud.   You have been very helpful with answering questions for me.  It is much appreciated since I have been a little derelict in checking in.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:18 AM

Spudgrandma:

To answer your question, you sew the 5.5" sides together.

Here is a link to Wendy's tutorial. Scroll down the page about half way to Wendy's post with pictures, it is very helpful.   Wendy's Tutorial

Spudgrandma, You are an Angel !  Thank you so much for pointing me to Wendy's tutorial. I redid a few blocks and now am happy with them. Thanks again for being so helpful to this new quilter.....

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thank you Bev, you are so welcome. I'm sorry my post last night were so disjointed, I could not get things to post and then I would lose what I had typed. I'm glad I hung in there and was able to help! I cannot wait to see a picture of your quilt!.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Nana:
I have been a little derelict in checking in

You have not! I've been surprised at how much you have been able to check in. You just keep resting and getting better, there are plenty of people around here to help others, we want you back all healthy and in one piece... (((HUGS)))

I'm just happy that I have not lead anyone astray, I hesitate to answer as my brain does not work all that well most of the time, but I love to help people so I've ventured in a time or two and being able to help you is a pleasure.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use