Questions About Fabric Requirements or Cutting Instructions?

rated by 0 users
This post has 53 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 352
Points 6,090
PennyWyo replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 7:53 AM

Hi Sandy,

Quick question.  This is a little smaller than I want.  Is the pattern easy to enlarge by adding more blocks? 

Penny

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 9
Points 70
Sue replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 2:44 PM

I live in South Africa and received my kit, and was only able to cut 144 squares from the background fabric. I've mailed MSQC, but have not had a response as yet.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:09 PM

PennyWyo:

Hi Sandy,

Quick question.  This is a little smaller than I want.  Is the pattern easy to enlarge by adding more blocks? 

Yes, Penny, you should be able to enlarge it.  Unfortunately, I don't have any yardage requirements for larger sizes so you have to wait until all the steps are posted before you will know how many extra blocks you will need.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Apr 19 2012 8:20 PM

Sue:

I live in South Africa and received my kit, and was only able to cut 144 squares from the background fabric. I've mailed MSQC, but have not had a response as yet.

Hi Sue,

Sarah from MSQC is a QCA member so you can send her a private message about your fabric.  Click HERE to go to Sarah's home page, then in the brown box near the top of the page, click Add as Friend and you can send her a message.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 43
Points 887
Rochelle replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 5:12 AM

Sandy,

The kit I received had the Bittersweet jellyroll and some flat yardage of the Bittersweet material. In addition it had a larger amount of ecru or cream colored fabric. Am I to cut the 4 1/2" squares from the Ecru fabric or the Bittersweet yardage? I just want to be clear. This fabric is just beautiful!

Many Thanks,

Rochelle Staffieri

Rochelle

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Apr 21 2012 6:58 AM

Hi Rochelle,

The cream colored fabric is your background to cut your 4.5" squares from.  The floral yardage is for the borders and we will cut that later.

Have fun!

Sandy

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 282
Points 4,710
Sylvia replied on Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:14 PM

Disregard this question.

I put in the discussion on Step 1.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 29
Points 680
gwen replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 3:13 PM

Since I have never made a mystery quilt I thought I would 'half' the pattern with my fabric stash.  Will this work?  I ordered the material from MSQ but I want to do a practise run first....thus the 1/2 pattern idea.   I'm looking forward to tomorrow for step 2.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Apr 26 2012 8:00 PM

Hi Gwen,

The half pattern plan should work ok.  Just be sure to have some extra fabric in case you have to make a block or two to complete the pattern.

Have fun!

Southwest Florida

Page 4 of 4 (54 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use