Sandy H. Posted: Thu, May 17 2012 8:28 PM

Questions here for Step 5.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

How many X 's are we supposed to have? 16? Are we supposed o have some left over? If so how many?

Janet

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, May 18 2012 1:08 PM

Janet,

You need 16 squares.  You should not have any left over IF  you made the four rows in Step 3 with the correct number of squares and IF you did not make too many pieces in Step 2.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 65
katyp replied on Fri, May 18 2012 2:31 PM

Sandy,

I made 96 squares in #2...using them makes 24 blocks not 16..where have I gone wrong?

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Points 50
EvieH replied on Fri, May 18 2012 2:58 PM

Same here!  Please advise.

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 17
Points 309
jlh replied on Fri, May 18 2012 3:36 PM

the squares used in step 3 are not the same as the 96 squares made in step 2.  where did we go wrong on the math?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Fri, May 18 2012 4:53 PM

I am completely confused too????

I have more than 16 blocks when I put 4 of them together.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, May 18 2012 5:29 PM

You are all correct and I am totally wrong.  There should be 24 of these squares not 16.

I wrote the steps based on the pattern instructions I was given instead of by what I made.  By the time I got to this point in the quilt, I knew what I was making and I was not using the instructions so did not catch the mistake.

I am very sorry that I created this confusion by not double checking all the numbers.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 11
Points 65
katyp replied on Fri, May 18 2012 5:35 PM

Thanks Sandy, You are terrific (no matter what they say ,hehe)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 95
Holly replied on Sat, May 19 2012 4:25 PM

Could there be a correction to the page where the Steps are posted so that people will know and not have to go through the "hair tearing."

Who would do this? The company which developed the pattern?

Thanks,

Holly C

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 776,655
QCA Admin replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:48 PM

Sandy H.:

You are all correct and I am totally wrong.  There should be 24 of these squares not 16.

I wrote the steps based on the pattern instructions I was given instead of by what I made.  By the time I got to this point in the quilt, I knew what I was making and I was not using the instructions so did not catch the mistake.

I am very sorry that I created this confusion by not double checking all the numbers.

Sandy, 

Please advise me so I can post the corrections to step 5 on the workshop page. Do we need a new photo and instructions?

I agree with Holly that the corrections need to be there. Thank you Holly, for bringing this to my attention.

QCA Mandy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 776,655
QCA Admin replied on Mon, May 21 2012 4:56 PM

QCA Admin:

Sandy H.:

Sandy, 

Please advise me so I can post the corrections to step 5 on the workshop page. Do we need a new photo and instructions?

I agree with Holly that the corrections need to be there. Thank you Holly, for bringing this to my attention.

QCA Mandy

I have changed the directions in the workshop by changing the 16 to a 24.

Mandy

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
sokmom replied on Mon, May 21 2012 8:25 PM

Is there a trick in this step to help make the points line up perfectly?  I am trying pressing the seams in opposite directions so they can nest, but It still seems challenging!

Thank you!

Sokmom

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:16 PM

Hi Sokmom,

The "trick" is to remember that your seams need to line up on the 1/4" stitching line.  Pressing your seams so they "nest" is key and pinning will help keep everything in the right place.  I think it was Jim who posted a great tutorial with pictures in the MQ forum.  You might want to check that out.  (Sorry if I gave credit to the wrong poster for the tutorial.)

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 70
sokmom replied on Mon, May 21 2012 10:39 PM

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your reply!  I think I just need to be more patient about pressing, matching and pinning.  Things line up pretty well when I am careful and don't try to cut corners, so to speak!  How would I find the MQ forum tutorial you mentioned?

I am looking forward to seeing how all of this goes together on Friday!  Thanks again for your help!

Sokmom

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use