Questions on Step 3? Ask here.

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

PennyWyo:

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for putting up with all the questions.  I don't know if you can (or will) answer this question.  I am getting ready to sew the 4 1/2" squares together.  I'm thinking that since I am planning to make this quilt large than the stated size, that I should leave the plain 4 1/2" squares off the specified rows until I see how these are used.  Would that be an intelligent guess or can you even say?  Thank you and thanks again for doing this.

Yes, Penny, wait until we reach the final step then you'll be able to figure out how many blocks you will need to add to these rows.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 85
Lynne replied on Tue, May 8 2012 4:29 PM

So, I just now have read that the original fabric requirements were incorrect.....and I just purchased the 2 yards and cut back when originally posted.  So, will there be any alternate recommendations for any others like myself that is unable to purchase additional fabric and is now finding myself short?  I was so excited for this mystery quilt but am a bit disappointed now.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

Lynne:

So, I just now have read that the original fabric requirements were incorrect.....and I just purchased the 2 yards and cut back when originally posted.  So, will there be any alternate recommendations for any others like myself that is unable to purchase additional fabric and is now finding myself short?  I was so excited for this mystery quilt but am a bit disappointed now.

Hi Lynn,

I'm sorry you did not see the corrected fabric requirements before you purchased material.  Since this is a scrappy quilt, you should be able to substitute a fabric that is similar in color to the backgroound fabric you have.  You could use the new fabric for the background squares needed for Step 3.  These squares are for a border and would lend a different but interesting twist on the original pattern.   Or, you could wait until you have the rest of the top completed then pick a different fabric that would give the border and the finished quilt a whole different look from the original pattern. 

I'm sorry about the confusion and look forward to seeing what you decide to do.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Tue, May 8 2012 9:05 PM

are we done with 2.5" block after step 3 is done?

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526

ls2116:

are we done with 2.5" block after step 3 is done?

You will not need any more 4.5 background squares.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 85

What about the 2.5" squares?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, May 10 2012 7:07 PM

Freddy15:

What about the 2.5" squares?

Are you girls trying to figure out the pattern?!    :-)

I don't think we will need more squares, but if you have extra's just hang on to them for now.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Page 3 of 3 (37 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use