Points 2,295
Jane replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 4:54 PM

I'm from MA as well, The North Shore.

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 80
Points 2,295
Jane replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 4:56 PM

I got the Accuquilt on sale at joanns for $199, just watch for online sale.  I absolutely love it.  It takes time and money to accumulate the dies.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

Beth Reese:
Y'all can brain storm with me and help me decide for really what I need instead of what I just want. :-)

Beth, I'll be in on your brain-storming session also.  I don't know if I can justify the cost, but as you, I have problems cutting because of pain and weakness in my hands and weak muscles all over.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 5:42 PM

Kris:

MQ3 is my favourite (I won viewers choice) and I intended to finish it very soon after completing the top but life got in the way big time. It's third in line for quilting.

MQ4 is the largest of the bunch and is in line for quilting as well. It is going to be our "summer quilt" no batting just flannel on the back.

Kris don't feel badly.  I love to sew and quilt and just generally have some sort of needlework in my hands.  Then there is my job and all the time that takes.  I wanted to let you know I joined with MQ #3 and did MQ #4.  Neither one is totally finished.  But I wouldn't miss a mystery quilt.  They are just too much fun. 

Here are my steps 1 and 2.  I'm not to sure about the background squares but absolutely love the border fabric.  Any comments are welcome.

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,798
Points 67,525
Bonita replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:01 PM

Mimi, The border fabric is just beautiful. Going to be a lovely quilt.

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

Mimi:
  I'm not to sure about the background squares but absolutely love the border fabric. 

Mimi, I love your border - It will tie everything together.  The brown seems perfect to me. This is going to be a very cheerful quilt!.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:14 PM

Thanks for the kind words.  Do you think it will be too dark?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 2 2011 6:20 PM

The squares are actually gray with 3 different gray tones and black.  I've had some trouble with quilts before being too "one color."  Do you think it will be too dark?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590

Mimi:

Thanks for the kind words.  Do you think it will be too dark? 

You have plenty of color with good contrast between your lights, mediums and darks.  The brown is different enough to give a little more contrast. 

Have fun with this quilt.

OOps - just skimmed your post and noticed that what I called brown is really grey.  Even better - I am partial to greys and blacks to accent the quilt colors.  It looks like your print has a black background.   .......   It is sure funny what computers do to colors!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Welcome, MaryAnn!  What part of MA are you in?

Thank you!! I'm south of Boston. I love the snow although last year was a tough one. I can honestly say I was tired of shoveling, tired of trying to throw it up and over the banks on the sides of the driveway!! AND clearing the mailbox!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Hi Jane,

I'm south of Boston.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Mimi, I love your fabrics. Your quilt is going to be beautious!! :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Mimi, your fabric looks great. and wow love your border fabric

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 219
Points 3,805

Jane:

I'm from MA as well, The North Shore.

I lived in MA my whole life (Cape area)...5 years ago, I moved to CT (eastern part of the state). Love that I'm so close to NY, MA, RI.

Karyn

Not Ranked
Posts 50
Points 355

I have the go and love it because I can cut several 2 1/2 in strips; turn and cut my 2 1/2 in. squares....save me hours and is much more accurate than I am

Page 10 of 11 (165 items) «Prev7891011Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use