Welcome to Mystery Quilt Workshop #5!

rated by 0 users
This post has 164 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 778,260
QCA Admin Posted: Wed, Sep 14 2011 1:12 PM

Hi everyone!

On Friday, September 16th, you'll find the fabric and cutting requirements for "Worms & Jelly Rolls" in the Mystery Quilt Workshop #5 blog. You'll go there each week or so thereafter to get additional instructions on assembling your mystery quilt.

Sandy H (our fearless moderator) will start taking comments and questions about the project right here.

If you want to chat in general about this workshop, please use the forum that's been set up.

It's going to be another fun workshop, and we hope you'll join in! Remember, this is for beginning and experienced quilters alike.

Have a great time, everyone!

QCA Peg

• Post Points: 170
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:49 PM

Hello MQer's and welcome to MQ #5!  This is going to be a fun, easy, and quick quilt.  Based on my 'not-so- scientific' survey earlier this year, I found that many of you would prefer a shorter construction period for the fall MQ to allow time for you to work on your other holiday projects.  So ... this MQ has been shortened by two weeks and all the steps will be posted by the end of October.

You also requested a little longer time between the last step and voting for the Viewer's Choice and that is what we will do.  I will announce the deadline for that as we get closer to the finish.

I hope you all enjoy this pattern as much as I did and you like your finished project as much as I like mine.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:53 PM

Sandy, can't wait love doing the mysteries with you.

[Ava, Missouri

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:59 PM

Thanks, Leslie.  They are a lot of fun for me too.  I'm always so excited to see how the pattern changes with the fabric selections.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,787
Points 12,965

I have never done a Mystery Quilt before but am looking forward to it. Just happen to have a jelly roll handy.

Oregon

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 5:30 PM

Sandy, thank you for being our fearless leader again.  Can't wait till tomorrow.

Paris, Ontario

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 5:55 PM

I've never done a Mystery Quilt before, and don't have any jelly rolls. I am very excited because I am a novice quilter and don't really have a nearby quilting club or someone to brainstorm with. Or yell for HELP!. I am looking forward to this too.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:48 PM

dardar, this is the perfect project for a novice.  Very simple pattern with a Wow! outcome.  You'll have a lot of fun with this group.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 55
Wendy B replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:53 PM

Thanks Sandy,

This is my first mystery quilt and I have a few jelly rolls sitting there waiting for 'just the right' project.....think I've found one!!!!! LOL

Cant wait to start.....I'll be a bit behind, being in Australia, but I'll be there with you all!

thanks again

Wendy B :O)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110

Hello!  This will be my first MQ too! 

Not Ranked
Posts 26
Points 720
Marcia replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 9:00 PM

Wow, my plate is very full right now, but I really enjoy these mystery quilts! I am going to do as much as I can....and thank you for planning an event using the feedback.   I am looking forward to tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun....some of the chores will have to wait!! Ha!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Very excited! Can't wait for tomorrow so I can choose which jelly roll to use...got a couple hanging around

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 5,100
Annette replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:34 PM

Hello ev eryone!

I'm anxious for this project to start!    Hopefully the first instructions will be posted 'early' in the morning - otherwise I'll have to wait until I get off work to see them (it'll be a l-o-n-g day!)

Annette

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 1:39 AM

Oh Darn, I was hoping if I stayed up late enough the instructions would be posted.  Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow because my eyes just won't stay open any longer. 

G'night.

Maggie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Sep 16 2011 4:01 AM

Sandi, thank for the first part, at least now we can get started , looking foward to doing this one .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 11 (165 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use