Questions on Step 4 or 5?

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:56 AM

Nancy P :
Can you look at the picture and see if I did it right?  Mine are diagonal so different from instructions.

Nancy, I think you'll be ok.  The way these pieces go together it would be hard to get diagonals to go all the same way.  Your background fabric has a lot of movement so that will draw your eye away from the diagonal fabrics.

Southwest Florida

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710

Sandy, Mimi and Leslie,

Thanks for the help, I was able to complete several more groups yesterday, and hopefully the rest before Fri!.  Can't wait to see what it all looks like!

Nancy P

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Tue, Oct 18 2011 10:04 PM

ouch, i made the same mistake. I did not make two sets of each in step 3. I don't know how I missed it, and I had a miss cut too, so I am going to be short of fabric. Not sure what to do. I guess I could piece some scrapes together and make a rectangle out of them, or make it extra scrappy with a companion fabric? I think I need to stop working  on this late at night so I can pay more attention. Any ideas?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 84
Points 1,345
Yuriko replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 1:56 AM

Sandy,

When I sew the 2nd background to the two-patch, the horizontal seam ends up in front where the 3 squares meet.  But your sample for step 4 shows the vertical seam in front.  Does it matter?

Yuriko

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,526
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:08 AM

Yuriko:

Sandy,

When I sew the 2nd background to the two-patch, the horizontal seam ends up in front where the 3 squares meet.  But your sample for step 4 shows the vertical seam in front.  Does it matter?

Yuriko

Does not matter which side you add first.

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 85
Shirley replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:21 PM

You said it just right!! Maybe the picture should be re-done to match the instruction, would help the beginners.

Page 3 of 3 (36 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use