Questions on Step 4 or 5?

rated by 0 users
This post has 35 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,043
Points 169,873
Marie replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:14 PM

Sandy, thanks for your timely reply.  You're right I did the same thing and only made one of each.  I'm going to finish step 4 and five in each of my 5 groups and then go back to finish those off.  Thanks again!  Have a great weekend!

Millbury, MA

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Basically, does it matter which background square gets sewn on first? The right or the bottom?

Instructions say to sew right first, then bottom, but your photos look like the bottom one was sewn first, then the right.

Thanks!

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 765
Pat replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 3:50 PM

How many completed corner pieces should we have of fabric C and fabric B?  I am the confused one here.    :) 

Pat

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 2,370

Sandy,  in step 4  do you HAVE to sew the bottom  background piece first ? All my b's and c's are directional so I had fun just getting those right. If I have to change them at least half of them are right.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Sandy the directions say put the background on the right first, then underneath but the picture looks like you did it the other way round.  Will it matter?  My gut is no, because I have an idea about what we will be doing with these units, but please advise because you have already fooled me a couple of times!  Thanks.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 19
Points 290
skporto replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:28 PM

I have the same question as to does it matter if you sew the right background and then the bottom in step 4?

Thanks Bunches

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:46 PM

MaryAnn in MA:

Basically, does it matter which background square gets sewn on first? The right or the bottom?

Instructions say to sew right first, then bottom, but your photos look like the bottom one was sewn first, then the right.

Thanks!

Doesn't make any difference.  I think I may have done mine both ways!

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:48 PM

Pat:

How many completed corner pieces should we have of fabric C and fabric B?  I am the confused one here.    :) 

You should have four of each.  Be sure to follow the  printed illustrations if you have a directional fabric.

Southwest Florida

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:52 PM

betty.tolliver@yahoo.com:

Sandy,  in step 4  do you HAVE to sew the bottom  background piece first ? All my b's and c's are directional so I had fun just getting those right. If I have to change them at least half of them are right.

It does not matter which background piece you sew on first.  Just be sure to make 2 lefts and 2 rights if you are using directional fabrics.  (see the illustrations for directional fabrics)

Southwest Florida

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 2,370

Thank You Sandy,  I was going by the instructions, then the pictures were opposite. I was VERY careful to have them left and right with my directional fabrics, which they all were. Sooooooo glad  I'm done  and no frogging.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 3,570

I am SO glad this step is done! The directional fabric really made me think *OUCH*! This step took me the longest. Happy to be caught up.

Karyn

Going to check my fabrics again....not sure I did them right after all that thought!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710
Nancy P replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:10 PM

Sandy or anyone else!!!

Reading the step 4 directions I said yay! no directional fabric... and then group 1, what did  I find?  Can you look at the picture and see if I did it right?  Mine are diagonal so different from instructions.

Thanks anyone that can help, I don't want to continue if I am doing it wrong, but Sun. is really my only day to quilt.

Nancy P

• Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 11:44 PM

It looks right to me.  You have the background fabric where my background is and your strips look like mine do. (of course I don't have your fabric, just the same pattern in the way the material is placed. ;-) )  Keep up the great work!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:28 AM

Nancy P, looks right

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:56 AM

Nancy P :
Can you look at the picture and see if I did it right?  Mine are diagonal so different from instructions.

Nancy, I think you'll be ok.  The way these pieces go together it would be hard to get diagonals to go all the same way.  Your background fabric has a lot of movement so that will draw your eye away from the diagonal fabrics.

Southwest Florida

• Filed under: |
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use