Welcome to Mystery Quilt Workshop #5!

rated by 0 users
This post has 164 Replies | 35 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

WOW just posted my step 3 and looked at all the pics in the media.  They are stunning guys.  Can't wait to see the next steps.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070

HELP. I am trying to print out the steps and they are all so faint I can't read them, even on the highest setting.  Anyone having the same problem

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765

Elizabeth:

HELP. I am trying to print out the steps and they are all so faint I can't read them, even on the highest setting.  Anyone having the same problem

I haven't had any problems with printing.  Did you pull up the PDF or print right from the web page?  My suggestion would be to print a test page with your printer or a short document to see if it could be your printer/ink levels.

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,470
Points 116,790

Elizabeth:

Elizabeth. I had the same trouble until I discovered there is a PDF verion further down the page.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070

I am having the same trouble with the PDF version.  changed print cartridge.  Will try the PDF on a higher print setting.  Did get started with step three!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Well, I can't keep a secret (not completely anyway).  I have to post pictures of my background fabric.  The picture is a little light - new camera needed!  Anyway, picture this blue batik tonal a bit darker -

I'm saved from ruining the entire secret by having cut up all my A, B, and C fabrics and put them in the box...didn't have a chance to do step 3 but that is on tap for tomorrow!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 11 2011 8:08 PM

greenmonstr:
I have to post pictures of my background fabric.

Love your background no matter how light or dark it is.  One of my favorite colors.  Hid those A, B, and C fabrics from the camera did you?  You'll spill the beans yet. 

I hope to get to step 3 tomorrow on both quilts.  I promised myself I wouldn't put them together until I finished putting the borders on MQ 5.  Sewed all 5 borders into one wide border for each side yesterday and put them on tonight.  Will miter the corners tomorrow and hopefully get a picture taken.  Then............. FUN.  Waiting to see what Friday brings.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Debbie-do:
What part of MA are you in?

South of Boston

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 405
Sharon replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 5:00 AM

I've just downloaded steps 4 & 5 (even though I haven't yet finised my step 2 & 3). I'm supposed to be studying as I write an exam on Monday, but I am just so excited to see what this is going to look like.

Everyone's pics look lovely and I am really looking forward to seeing the finished quilts.

Regards

Sharon (in Sunny South Africa)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Fri, Oct 14 2011 12:36 PM

Sharon are you sewing along with us?

Southwest Florida

Not Ranked
Posts 49
Points 335
quiltmeup replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:43 AM

Don't know how you got the name Sharon, my name is Susie and yes I am sewing along with you......worried a little about inset seams with the newest step but will proceed.....am using a Bali Pop for my worms and a white tonal background...haven't chosen the other fabrics yet but have an extensive stash so it shouldn't be a problem...am enjoying this...my first Mystery Quilt...thanks for inquiring.

Susie

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:22 PM

quiltmeup:

Don't know how you got the name Sharon, my name is Susie and yes I am sewing along with you......worried a little about inset seams with the newest step but will proceed.....am using a Bali Pop for my worms and a white tonal background...haven't chosen the other fabrics yet but have an extensive stash so it shouldn't be a problem...am enjoying this...my first Mystery Quilt...thanks for inquiring.

Susie

Susie, I was actually responding to Sharon in South Africa's post that is just above my post but I'm glad to hear you are on the MQV adventure with us.  Don't worry about inset seams ... there are none.

Southwest Florida

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Sandy says there are no inset seams in this one.  I was worried about that at first too but once i sewed them I can see what we might be doing...it's pretty tricky!  If I'm right...but she has already fooled me at least once!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 28
Points 405
Sharon replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:17 AM

Sandy H.:

Sharon are you sewing along with us?

Hi Sandy

I'm trying to (even though I'm meant to be studying at the moment).

I am really excited to see how this mystery comes out. I think I am totally addicted to mystery quilts as well as fabric. LOL.

Regards

Sharon

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 365
Points 6,820

Nevermind! 

Page 11 of 11 (165 items) «Prev7891011
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use