MAILBOX SURPRISES 2013 ... NEW LEADER ... SIGN UP DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Barbara and Carolyn . . . I sent you a PM.  

OK all, this is the last day to drop out of the Mailbox Surprise 2013 Group if you need to. Groups will be sent to you tomorrow via Private Message.  I have tried to keep geographical areas close for shipping costs and time limits.  I will be sending some bullet points as a reminderof the rules.  Please read carefully.  Come to this site often, and try to post here regularly so the group knows you're still with us.   Even if it is to say HI, and how the day is going.  I need to know IN ADVANCE if there's any reason why you cannot send a birthday surprise to one of your assigned group members.  If for some reason, you cannot finish the groups surprises, please PM me as I am always the backup person . . .  I will fill in where the voids are so everybody who's active is remembered on "their" day. There is no shame if you find you just cant do it, or emergencies happen.  I am glad you all made the commitment, I think you will love it. Have fun, try not to stress, but do remember you are to think of your fellow quilters.  

The key to success is COMMUNICATION.  After that, there's more COMMUNICATION!  I will be sending a reminder to each group member when a member's special day is coming up.  Please reply to these PM's so I know you're still active.  

Optional is for the GIFTER to post to the "I Mailed a 2013 Mailbox Surprise" . . . . Don't post to who you sent it to, just that something is on it's way.

MANDATORY is for the RECIPIENT of a gift to post to the "I Got a 2013 Mailbox Surprise" . . . . Be sure to send some kind of Thank You, or general acknowledgement of your mailbox surprise.

I am going to suggest a $10 - $15 spending limit for each surprise that you send . . . but that is just a suggestion.  Believe me when I say I understand the financial hardship of the US economy.  It is of course up to you how much you actually spend.  I think what's more important than how much you spend, is how much thought and caring you put into what is sent.

Oh, did I mention that COMMUNICATION is key?

Have a safe and happy new year celebration.

Thank you.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:18 PM

Kristin, thanks for the update.and I got your message. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

I'm getting more and more confused.  The initial instructions said to state how many giftees we wanted.  When I signed up I said I could handle appx. 1 giftee a month, realising they probably wouldn't be evenly spread out.  I'm in sub-group 5 that only has a total of 6 members.  Does that mean I only send to others in that one group (2 in Feb, one in May, Oct, and Dec)?  Also, in the initial instructions, #8 states:

8. Each Mailbox Surprise Sub-Group Member will mail each sub-group member who has a birthday in a given month a little "something". It can be as simple as a card, or as extravagent as a finished quilt. It is entirely up to the gifter to decide what to send.

But in the post above, you suggest $10-15 for each gift.  Which is it?  I'm new to Mailbox surprises, and might be the only one confused.   

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 9:10 AM

Brigit ,I never worry about the cost ,I just send what I think the person would like ,and if thats a quit ,I just don't mind,  I think Kristin was just giving us a guideline but you don't have to stay with it . just send what you think this person would like  form the list you recieved.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Brigit --

I apologize for any confusion. 

Yes, you are only sending to the people in your one group.  Every group has 6 members, so every group member will essentially send something to 5 people.  We have 36 confirmed members and several people indicated they would be able to send to 5 - 10 people.  I thought dividing everybody into 6 groups would be fair.  Each person has only 5 people to mail to and I tried to organize the list so there would only be one person to send to each month.  It just so happens we had a lot of birthdays in February and December so a couple groups had to double up on a month.  Those groups I then tried to even out with a longer span until the next time they had to send.

The spend dollar amount is only a suggestion.  The amount that you spend is entirely up to you . . . it's the thought that counts.  It is entirely up to the gifter to decide how much to spend.  I know I am happy just receiving a simple card . . . it means that somebody thought of me.

If you feel you cannot do 2 mailing in February, let me know and I can shift you to a different group.  We have a couple members who are in two groups because they asked to be.

Please let me know if any other questions or confusion. 

Belfrybat:

I'm getting more and more confused.  The initial instructions said to state how many giftees we wanted.  When I signed up I said I could handle appx. 1 giftee a month, realising they probably wouldn't be evenly spread out.  I'm in sub-group 5 that only has a total of 6 members.  Does that mean I only send to others in that one group (2 in Feb, one in May, Oct, and Dec)?  Also, in the initial instructions, #8 states:

8. Each Mailbox Surprise Sub-Group Member will mail each sub-group member who has a birthday in a given month a little "something". It can be as simple as a card, or as extravagent as a finished quilt. It is entirely up to the gifter to decide what to send.

But in the post above, you suggest $10-15 for each gift.  Which is it?  I'm new to Mailbox surprises, and might be the only one confused.   

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Erin --

Please respond to my Friend request on QCA.

This is needed to be able to PM you for the Mailbox Surprises 2013 group.

Thank you.

Erin:

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

Good evening.. i just joined QCA yesterday and i was wondering if it was too late to get into a group? if so i understand . if still possible let me know what information you need.. sounds like a fun group and a good way to meet new people and other quilters.. hope everyone had a new year.. if it is too leat let me know when you will be starting the next  group.

thank you

lisa

Lisa Fenner

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to QCA.  You will have a wonderful time here.  There are so many things going on all of the time.  Glad you joined the group. 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 5,370

Hello to all, but especially GROUP 3!!!   I was thinking it would be nice to have my fellow group 3 people in my "friends" list here, so I could check out your home page: learn more about you that way!  (all to the good, I promise!)  But when I went searching for Mimi, Candace and Carolyn, I couldn't find you.  Obviously you are here with an alias...like my "yquiltsalot" so would you please send me a friend request?  Thanks!!!

Renton Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Yvonne :

Hello to all, but especially GROUP 3!!!   I was thinking it would be nice to have my fellow group 3 people in my "friends" list here, so I could check out your home page: learn more about you that way!  (all to the good, I promise!)  But when I went searching for Mimi, Candace and Carolyn, I couldn't find you.  Obviously you are here with an alias...like my "yquiltsalot" so would you please send me a friend request?  Thanks!!!

Well, I went to add you and already had a pending request from you... So sorry!!! I don't know how I missed it.  I've sent and accepted several friend requests over the past few days (from Round Robin and mailbox surprises).   I am not sure how this one slipped by me, but we're friends now!!  :)

I also like having people from this group on my friends list so I can look through photos and get a better idea of what people like.. I've not been organized to go and add everyone one by one though, so you guys please feel free to add me if we're not friends already!  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 5,370
After I posted, I found a link to "Members" on the Mailbox Surprises home page. Everyone is there! Who knew? lol Glad to have you as my friend, Carolyn!!

Renton Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Lisa --

I sent you a Friend request.  You're welcome to join the group . . . . we happen to have had somebody drop out so if you don't mind you'll be filling in that spot.

I'll send you the details after I receive your Friend reply.

THank you.

Lisa Fenner:

Good evening.. i just joined QCA yesterday and i was wondering if it was too late to get into a group? if so i understand . if still possible let me know what information you need.. sounds like a fun group and a good way to meet new people and other quilters.. hope everyone had a new year.. if it is too leat let me know when you will be starting the next  group.

thank you

lisa

Page 6 of 6 (87 items) «Prev23456
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use