I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 16,575

Pat - I'm glad the package made it.  Sorry it missed your birthday, hope you had a great day.

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420

Brigit-Carol:

Pat - I'm glad the package made it.  Sorry it missed your birthday, hope you had a great day.

That's okay it was worth the wait. I had a quiet day on my Birthday I  spent most of the day sewing or during breaks played games on computer. Boyfriend made me a prime rib dinner which was really good. Also heard from by boys wishing me a happy birthday. It was a fun filled day for me. I did manage to finish two of my UFO's. Right now working on some small projects. Starting making me some arm pads for my sofa and chair using the layer cakes that I received from Christine. Went today to buy some brown fabric for the backings. When I get them finished I will post a picture of them.

Pat B

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:06 AM

Sorry haven't been on here, pretty busy at work and watching little granddaughters this week-end.   Pat, Christine and Brandy, hope you had a great birthday.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:49 PM

Kristin,  Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I had a great birthday.  Take care of yourself!

Denise

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 23,275
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:59 PM

I sent Pat, Brandy and Christine's and haven't heard if they got them.  I didn't send them priority mail, just regular - I'm a newbie, what can I say! - so I hope they got them.  It wasn't alot but I tried hard.  Now that I've seen what people send I have a better idea of what to do for the next one, which in my group isn't till Oct.  well, mine's next but you know what I mean. 

I'm sorry to hear that some have dropped out and not fulfilled the commitment they made when they joined.  but then, I'm preaching to the choir because you all stayed and I'm proud of all those who did stay with it, I figured I made a commitment and it may not be alot I send but it's going to be something and I try to find something people will want, based on their requests.  I hope I've done that. 

Just my two cents worth...  Kristin - you are doing great, I would be bald by now, pulling my hair out with these changes and inability to control other people.  I appreciate you!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420

Debbie:
I sent Pat, Brandy and Christine's and haven't heard if they got them.

Hi Debbie

As Of today I have not recei ved your package yet. However I did receive my package from Brandy Thank You. I'm sure I will find use for the material, and thread I can always use. She sent me two different types of fabrics and 2 spools of blue thread.

Pat B

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 2,235

Mimi,

It was my pleasure and I am glad you like them. I am starting to use those colors too in a quilt for my sister, Barbara. Maybe by Christmas I will be done with it. I have a similar calendar book that I use to keep track of the Round Robin 3, and the Birthday Surprise 2013 and also any quilts that I am working on with fabric requirements and such.

Have a nice day!

Candace

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 2,235

Happy Belated Birthday to all the Birthday quilters out there. 

Candace W. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 173
Points 2,235

Kristin,

I am glad you are home and thank you for all the things you do for us.

Candace W. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,408
Points 40,125
Mimi replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:08 PM

Candace Weiss:
I have a similar calendar book

I have been using my calendar to keep track of all my meetings at school.  It seems like every morning there is another one to attend.  The yummy one is tomorrow morning.  We call it TGIF.  Every month some group from the staff prepares breakfast for the faculty.  We all get together and catch up with all the personal happenings of everyone.  This morning was not as much fun.  We had to pull local district testing data to track student achievement and prepare interventions.  Then after that........surprise!  My dear principal (I LOVE HER) comes in for one of my required observations. Luckily I listened to that still small voice this morning who told me to get my grammar games out to use as a review for words used to start questions and sentence types.   All went well.  Thanks for keeping me on track with my great new calendar!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:04 PM

Kristin,

Oh my goodness!  What wonderful gifts you sent me!  Thank you so very much.  I love them all.  The candy will be sampled momentarily.  I wanted to get it in the picture first.  The friction pens are great, as we'll as the spring action scissors, the pins, the two fabric packs, the thread catcher kit and pattern, and the wonderful Bits and Pieces book!  I definitely see some patterns I'd like to make! What wonderful little quilts.  Here comes picture time.  Wish me luck..

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Attention All --

I received this reply from Deloris Beck ..........

Kristin,

I received 2 packages, 1 from Wendy Empey and Brigit, (belfrybat). I have tried to post thank you, and received, but the post tells me I am not allowed to post. I am on my 2nd laptop in 2 months and can't get Windows 8 to work correctly. I lost most of the emails when the computer crashed, I DO appreciate your help. I just don't know where to go from here. I can't seem to find our list, email addresses, etc. I am so sorry. If you can help me, thanks if not then I do understand if you want to take me off the list. I will be reciprocating to these two ladies as soon as I get their addresses. Thanks again, Deloris

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Denise --

You are very welcome!  Happy Birthday (albeit a little late).

The printed pattern is for the thread catcher kit . . . the pattern that is in the kit is worthless . . . I made one myself using the pattern I sent and it turned out great!  It does what it's supposed to do ;)

Well, enjoy your chocolate treat, and your sewing.

Cheers!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 9:14 PM

Debbie/Pat/Brandy/Jean!

Pat, Debbie, Jean, got your gifts earlier this week! And Brandy, your's came today!!!! I haven't opened any of them yet, waiting for my birthday TOMORROW! Leaving for Oklahoma in the morning (yes, with all the snow and ice)...My youngest is in college, has an apartment, and is very sick with the flu...she's by herself, and wants her mama with her....We were going down anyway this weekend, but will try to get down there early.....I'm excited to see what I got! It was fun to see them arrive in the mail! I will post pictures next week when I get back!

happy birthday, hugs and best wishes to my February birthday friends!!!

Christine

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,595
Jacy replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 10:01 PM

Kristin, you are so wonderful. My gift arrived today and I loved it.

I wish I had taken a photo of the gifts before I tore off that beautiful wrapping paper, sorry.

As you can see I already got into that bag of M&M's! The little wooden pressing tool will be great for paper piecing, I've had to use my fingernail until now. Those scissors look cool and I can't wait to try them, and those fine tip frixion pens will be great for tracing embroidery designs. Thank you for the book of little amish quilts, and I LOVE the colors of the fabric bundles. You did good girl, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Page 7 of 18 (258 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use