rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 13 2013 9:42 PM

Y'all. THIS WAS NOT CREATED, NOR CALLED AT SWAP WHEN IT STARTED

Could we just put our big girl panties on and gey past this?

I sent Thea a b'day gift and recieved a very sweet thank you email.

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,427
Points 243,407
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 7:54 AM

Sukochi, Thank you again but I didn't think you were in my group - I thought I rec'd that as a friend gift.  It is all okay!  I am at fault this year for not getting my gifts out.  I know I have had a lot going on this year and last - they both seem like the years from hell and I am hoping that once we get moved to MN that I will have the help I need and all will settle down.  I do promise to all that were in either of my groups that I will get packages out to all of you - I just really can not tell you when that will be.  

I did shop way back in January when Barbara came to visit me and got things for each and every one of you - I should have just boxed all up at that time and sent them out because as the year went on I got so very very sick.  I thought about suicide this last year because of the pain that just never would go away and how I just couldn't see living like this anymore.  It has been a tough year!  And as I said I am very sorry to those who were on my list.  I was supposed to be in just one group but because of people dropping out Kristen put me in two groups after it had started.  I really thought at the time that I would be able to handle it all.  

I am a guilt ridden person so believe me just as soon as I am able I will get the box found and all the items pulled out - I will find my papers with the names and addresses on them and they will be sent out.  

I, however, will never participate in Mail Boxes again.  I really hate that people can be so cruel as to try and humiliate people in this way.  When Sukochi started this she had the greatest intentions and so many hateful things have been said over the past 2 years.  I didn't really think people could be so cruel.  One person the first year was really ridiculed on here and she had had so many family problems and people were so unchristian.  Her birthday was right around mine and she hadn't sent anything out but I sent to her and she sent me the most gracious letter telling me all about what had happened in her family - the deaths - the terminal illnesses and that she was so grateful that although she hadn't sent anything to me that she had received a beautiful package.  

I was and am appalled that I did not live up to what I had said I would do but believe me - I will send gifts out to all - they are here and I just have to get to that box - and I would have done it before but life just has a way of giving me problems.  I had one month this year where i was able to sew and i did - I sewed and sewed and sewed and it felt wonderful... then like right now my illness attacked me - right now I am in so much pain that it just hurts - it is Christmas time and I should be happy and feel wonderful but the only time I do not know I am in pain is when I sleep - it is there from the time I wake - each step - each movement... 

I wish you all a blessed Christmas and hope that you can forgive those who are like me that life just got too much at times to bare and that things were forgotten and things were lost.  I do try very hard to finish all the tasks that I say Yes to - I have learned over the years to say No and that is what I say to this group next year!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Well it's sounding like Thea didn't get mine. I never heard anything and if you say you only got 2, I believe you. I don't know what to say. PO says it was delivered. I'm sorry you didn't get it Thea. I definitely sent it. Wonder if there are any others like this. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

I don't think anyone is trying to be hateful Thea. I know I am not, so I apologize if something I said came off that way.  All I have ever done with this group is to try to do what the group wants. I hear a lot if private complaints (what sukochi lovingly refers to as 'hate mail' :) ). And I make an effort to speak publicly about the things I hear privately to try to keep this as open and honest as possible.  I'm sorry if that came off the wrong way. I am only trying to strive for good open honest  communication.  I don't know how else to make this work. I think this group has tried and failed for 2 years now and I don't want to ignore all the problems and look the other way and set us up to fail again a 3rd year. 

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Just wanted to add that I love you all and I'm sorry this has gotten so ugly. Sukochi, would you like to lead the group next year? I know you're the creator and have the most experience with it. I'm exhausted from all the negativity that comes out if it and not sure if I'm up for another year of it. Sorry!!

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,427
Points 243,407
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 8:16 AM

Yvonne, it arrived yesterday... we have been having problems with our mail here - the mail man for our route retired so I never know when things are going to be delivered - I guess he finally had enough stuff as my mail box was over flowing - thank you so much the little notions bag is so cute... I put it in my purse already... thank you very much!  Yours and Sukochi's were the only real gifts I got this year - my flowers from the kids were beautiful but they don't last - these gifts from you and Sukochi will be treasured as the ones I got last year.  thank you so so much!

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mailbox_surprises/forum/t/37664.aspx?PageIndex=15

This was when I rec'd the gift from Yvonne.  I remember getting one more gift shortly after this - I got a present from Sukochi but thought it was not related to this group as we are friends.  

I don't appreciate a tracking with my home town being put on here but that it seems the way you want to be.  I do not know if that is the gift that I got - at that time I was recovering from a 5+ hour surgery to install a neuro stimulator to try and get the pain from my neck and back under some control so that I could have a life.  I truly do not remember!  

I thank you now since I don't seem to have thanked you before!  I apologize again and really wish this would be dropped... What more do you want from me!

If you are truly trying to be open and honest then tell me why I seem to be the only one being attacked.  I have never once complained that anyone who was supposed to send me something didn't - I know life happens for people and things happen.  Like I said before - I will not belong to this group anymore.  

I do run the Secret Santa Group and I make sure that anyone in my program is treated with respect and if things happen they are not ridiculed and their names are definitely put out to humiliate them.  Maybe I am more sensitive then most but I am ending my participation in this group and you will not hear from me again!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Thea, I'm sorry for posting your town. I have removed it. It was just the city and state - no tracking number and nothing more,but I've removed it.  I only posted it in the first place to show that I sent it because you kept saying you didn't get it.  I am not trying to attack anyone. I am only responding to what you and others have said.  

This is hurtful and I don't want to keep this up.  I only stepped in for Kristin to help out a friend.  Sukochi warned me many times that this would happen if I kept the group open, but I've only been trying to do what others want.  Sukochi, let me know if you want it back. Otherwise, I'm gonna take your advice and shut it down.  

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 9:43 AM

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! THIS STOPS HERE AND NOW. 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 9:43 AM

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!! THIS STOPS HERE AND NOW. 

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475
Yvonne replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 10:34 AM

What a mess!   So...what have I learned from this?   When asked for feedback....say nothing!   Sigh.  Who knew it would escalate like this?  Sorry, everyone, I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out....

Renton Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 14 2013 11:56 AM

Ok, next year we don't do this Now let's move on.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 599
Points 9,530
Joyce replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:54 PM

Hi Carolyn, I know this is not the spot to post this but the site won't let me post as a new msg. for some reason.  Just wanted to let you know that I mailed your Mailbox Surprise yesterday -  They said you should have it on Fri. (Dec. 20th).  It will be early but that is ok just hold it for your birthday if you want.  Happy Birthday.  I

I enjoyed doing the Mailbox Surprise this past year it was my first year. 

Joyce

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Thank you, Joyce!  I look forward to it!  I'll let you know when I receive it.  The site has been so funky lately!

Raleigh, NC

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 6:09 PM

This was my first year in this group.  I was under the impression that it was a group to remember someone's birthday with a card, and if we wanted to include anything else that was our choice.  I'm sorry people are feeling that didn't receive comparable remembrances.  Today, I received my first birthday gift and am overwhelmed at the thoughtfulness.  I hope others will remember it is better to give than receive.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 163
Points 2,955
Carmel replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:53 PM

I just joined this group today and after reading all of the comments, I'm not sure if this group is going to continue for 2014.

Please let me know what and if there are any plans for next year, if not I will remove my name from the group. I really thought this would be a good group to meet more people who love to quilt and share with one another.

Macungie, PA

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) Prev123Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use