2013 Birthday News

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Hi Girls, 

This is a quick update to let you all know that according to my records, we have NO AUGUST birthdays.  

Very soon, I'll start trying to get in touch with our September birthdays and I'll post back to let you all know at least who has and has not fallen off the face of the earth.  

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Hi Girls,

I wanted to reach out to you all to touch base with you regarding our September birthdays.  

According to the spreadsheet I received, Kelli Hubbard has a birthday coming up on September 6 and she is in Group 2.  I sent Kelli a friend request  several weeks ago asking her to confirm that she was still around and still participating in this group.  I got no response.  Based on her page, it looks like she was on the site in January and had a bunch of activity in January and then nothing since then.  Based on this information, those of you in her group can feel free to use your own judgment about what level of gift/card you want to send to her.  She may be one of those who signed up a and then disappeared.  I just want to make you all aware that she seems to have gone AWOL, at least as far as I can tell.  If anyone is in contact with Kelli or has newer information about her, feel free to share that here.

The other September birthdays are Thea and Brigit-Carol, both of whom I know are active regularly on the site.  

Cheers,

Carolyn 

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,541
Points 46,765
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 1:54 PM

Oh Wow!  I sorta thought Kelli, Thea, and Laura Casmore (12/4) had all dropped out of group 2!

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Mon, Aug 12 2013 2:02 PM

Debbie-do:

Oh Wow!  I sorta thought Kelli, Thea, and Laura Casmore (12/4) had all dropped out of group 2!

I didn't receive anything from them either, although Thea got caught up on the birthdays last year just before her birthday came around. She has been dealing with alot, and may have forgotten or still be planning to catch up.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Debbie-do:

Debbie,  It's entirely possible that Kelli dropped out.  The spreadsheet that I have is not as up-to-date as the information that you all have.  So, thanks for letting me know.  To be honest, you all know better than me who is in what group.  :)  You'll have to just go with what Kristin told you at the beginning of the year.  

What I am doing is to try to get in touch with people who have upcoming birthdays and are not active on the site.  It's entirely possible that I'll slip up and get someone who you guys know has dropped out already... I figure it's better for me to check in on someone who has dropped out than to omit someone who is still "participating".  I just want to try and avoid the situation where several people send gifts to someone who doesn't respond to say thank you.  

I don't know what's up with Thea.  I know she is very active on the site, so I know that she is around and I'm sure that if you sent a card or gift to her, it would not go unacknowledged.  I can reach out to her to confirm, but I don't *think* she's dropped out.  Of course, if you heard that from Kristin or Thea, then it's probably true.  I'll confirm and let you know one way or the other.

I'm starting to think of ideas of how to keep track of things if we do this again next year.  Before too long, I'll open a thread and we can all brainstorm ideas about how to make this better next year IF we decide we want to do it again.

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Ok, I heard from Thea and she confirmed that she is just running behind.  , She told me that she has the stuff she's behind on packaged and ready to go - she just needs to get to the post office to mail them.  Getting to the post office is tricky for Thea, but she's hoping to get them out by Friday of this week, so those of you with outstanding cards/gifts from Thea, you can be on the lookout next week.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 555
Points 8,770
Joyce replied on Mon, Aug 19 2013 8:35 PM
Hi Carolyn would you have time to check group 5 and let me know if we have any birthdays between now & Dec.? We had a name for Sept. but I think she was changed to another group. I don't have anyone until end of Dec. I think but I don't want to miss anyone. I enjoyed my gifts so much and it was such fun. Thanks. Joyce
  • Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,333
Points 20,025

Joyce, 

I have you in group 1, but you're correct that there are no birthdays in Group 1 until December.  Candis is a September birthday and she was originally in Group 1, but she dropped out of mailboxes and has left the site completely from what I can tell.

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 555
Points 8,770
Joyce replied on Sun, Aug 25 2013 9:21 PM

Thanks Carolyn I did know it was group 1 just had a senior min. ha  Thanks for the info.  And taking over the groups.

JOycd

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,447
Points 24,085
Debbie replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:50 AM

anyone from Group 4 still using QCA?  I don't think I've seen anybody from this group online lately.   

Group 4, anyone out there?  

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Sep 14 2013 6:22 PM

I check in here every once in a while.  Getting ready to send Bridget her birthday.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Debbie:

anyone from Group 4 still using QCA?  I don't think I've seen anybody from this group online lately.   

Group 4, anyone out there?  

I am. Not this particular thread since there's not much happening here, but I post regularly to "Have you made a quilt today", MQ 9, and other places.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:37 PM

This is the last listing I have for Group 5

GROUP 5

Wendy Empey 14-Jan
Deloris Beck 15-Feb
Melissa Halpain 17-May
Brigit-Carol
Lay 21-Sep
Karla Simmons

24-Dec

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Wed, Sep 18 2013 12:28 PM

I'm still here!  Just not necessarily on this thread!  Debbie, hope all is well with you.....just sent out Brigit-Carol's birthday gift, so I've added a comment to this group.  : )

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Karla:

This is the last listing I have for Group 5

GROUP 5

Wendy Empey 14-Jan
Deloris Beck 15-Feb
Melissa Halpain 17-May
Brigit-Carol
Lay 21-Sep
Karla Simmons

24-Dec

Kristin is in Group 5 -- Oct 1.  I realise she might be too ill to send anything at present, but she was active until she became ill and I'm planning on remembering her on her birthday.

Brigit-Carol

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) Prev12
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use