2013 Birthday News

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) Posted: Wed, May 1 2013 7:36 PM

Just a thread we can use for general discussion.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Happy Birthday May, 2013 wishes to 

Debbie Robertus          May 6

Melissa Halpain            May 17

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, May 2 2013 2:02 AM

Kristin , this helps a lot so we know who's birthday it is.  I kinda feel like I'm not doing anything ,but I don't have any more until December.. but that's okay .I do like to at least read and see what's going on.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Fri, May 10 2013 8:05 PM

I didn't know where to post this so here we go. A few months ago I sent a pm to Chicagosigner as I hadn't heard from her for a while.  I just got a message yesterday.  Two months ago Chicago suffered a bad heart attack and was in rehab until two weeks. She asked me to Lyell you all that she apologizes for not sending any birthday surprises as she was unable to.  She also hopes you understand and are not mad now that you know.  As soon as she can Chicago will connect with you all.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sun, May 12 2013 1:27 PM

Sorry to hear this, but glad to hear that she is on the mend. 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 719
Points 18,100

Has anyone heard from Melissa Halpain?  My gift to her was delivered on Thursday, but she hasn't responded either personally or on the "I received" thread.  And I just realised I sent it a week early!  Ah well, better early than late.

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Brigit-Carol --

I have not heard from Melissa personally, but she does still appear to be active on the site.

I will reach out to her, and will let you know what I learn.  If you hear from her in the meantime, please post an update here.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Brigit-Carol:

Has anyone heard from Melissa Halpain?  My gift to her was delivered on Thursday, but she hasn't responded either personally or on the "I received" thread.  And I just realised I sent it a week early!  Ah well, better early than late.

Hi Brigit-Carol - Sorry I didn't get this posted earlier. I did get it on Friday but I've had car trouble again so I was a little distracted. I took a picture of it but my computer is acting up so until my daughter can get up to check it out, I won't be able to post it. I love the beautiful scarf you sent. I don't usually get very many birthday cards because my birthday is so close to Mother's day. My family just lumps them together. So I have the adorable card you sent on my mantle. I love the awl and the pink stylist. Thank you so much. It also took me all afternoon to get on this site. Again, I'm sorry I was so slow in getting this posted.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,500
Christine replied on Fri, May 17 2013 11:31 PM

Happy Birthday, Melissa!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jun 15 2013 6:41 PM

Had a wonderful birthday. Cake and Ice cream. Don't do that much on my birthday. So much fun. ;D

Thanks, again, Carolyn for the birthday and retreat goodies. Can;t wait to see how lucky these strips are when we play strip poker.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

Hi All,

Just wanted to give everyone an update on Kristin and let you all know that I'm going to be helping out with the moderation of this group.  If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me and I will do my best to resolve them.  Kristin's husband sent me the following update.  I think she is having her surgery today, so please keep her in your thoughts.

I am at her bedside in the hospital as she struggles through with a tether attached to the broken wire.  She is now equipped with a halo, similar to what you see on spinal cord injuries.  She's not happy, but is trying to stay positive. 

Raleigh, NC

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 9:56 AM

Prayers going out immediately!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Tue, Jul 16 2013 1:06 PM

Carolyn, I sent you a PM

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

Jacy:

Carolyn, I sent you a PM

Got it and replied!  

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,354
Points 20,385

Hello to all my Mailboxes friends.  I wanted to let you know that Jacy is organizing a quilt for Kristin, who has done so much for us to get this group up and running in 2013.  If you're interested in participating, the thread for that quilt is here:  http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/t/42155.aspx

As a reminder, I'm going to take over the moderation of this group while Kristin is recovering.  Please come to me with any questions, problems, or concerns about the Mailboxes group.  Kristin's husband has provided me with all of the background information, so I should be well-equipped to deal with any problems.  I will continue to update you all as I hear updates on Kristin.  

Raleigh, NC

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use