Mailbox Surprise 2013 Group Assignments

rated by 0 users
This post has 94 Replies | 22 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,615
Wendy replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:16 PM

I do not always read all the posts, I am too busy for that.

Sometimes this gives me a different perspective than the rest of you. How heartrending it is to here the anguish in Kristen's voice in the posts. 

Here is my two cents worth.

Kristen, YOU ARE WONDERFUL.  give yourself a pat on the back, You are doing a great job.

To all others.

Please remember that this is a" social group" with it's intent to be to meet and get to know other  quilters. not a clique. Sending to your "friends" is great on a personal level but here is Mail box surprise, You all have or had the opportunity to get to know someone new  and send a gift of love. Don't loose sight of that fact. Also if you don't like the way it is being ran then Maybe just Maybe next year you will step up to the plate and run the group.  This is a big undertaking, and not as easy as it looks.

To me this is quite simple.

You sign up, are assigned to a group, or if you choose maybe  two, You welcome new comers, bless people who leave your group, send your gifts with love expecting nothing in return, and receive your gifts with gratitude and thanksgiving.

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:34 AM

Wendy,well said ,,we who do the hosting of groups are all volunteers and we  do this because we love this craft and enjoy working with people ,but we do make mistakes ,and sometimes a nice pat on the back is very welcome. We don't get paid for doing this ,and it can be very difficult to try and keep everyone happy . I think Kristin has been doing a fabulous job of keep everything running smoothly . I want to thank her for making this a fun group ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 5,495
Yvonne replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 10:28 AM

Ditto on all this.  After all, it is only common courtesy to acknowledge and express gratitude for goodies received!  I also like it that people post when they send a squishy off to someone.  :-)  I might have not posted often of late, but I do try to keep up on all the messages.  Life is getting back to normal now--well, a new normal--after a long battle with Altzheimer's, my mother passed away at the end of January.  It has been rough, especially the last 6 months or so.  She forgot how to do just about everything.  While we miss her, the disease was horrible and  took her away from us in little  bits until nothing was left but her outside.   She even forgot how to swallow.  Sigh...it has been all very sad and depressing.

I've been quilting a lot lately the last few weeks, to keep busy and distracted....and it's really been feeling kind of good.  I've missed it.

Anyway, GOOD JOB to Kristin.  I'll try to keep up on my end of this swap, no worries. 

Renton Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 11:34 AM

Yvonne, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom , I lost mine in Dec to a hit and run driver ,They still haven't found the person.I know how you feel aoubt getting back to a normal routine .took me a couple of months to even go back to my guild meetings. I to think I'm back to "NORMAL " as I'll ever be,  You are in my thoughts and  prayers.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 704
Points 17,565

Wendy :

I do not always read all the posts, I am too busy for that.

Sometimes this gives me a different perspective than the rest of you. How heartrending it is to here the anguish in Kristen's voice in the posts. 

Here is my two cents worth.

Kristen, YOU ARE WONDERFUL.  give yourself a pat on the back, You are doing a great job.

To all others.

Please remember that this is a" social group" with it's intent to be to meet and get to know other  quilters. not a clique. Sending to your "friends" is great on a personal level but here is Mail box surprise, You all have or had the opportunity to get to know someone new  and send a gift of love. Don't loose sight of that fact. Also if you don't like the way it is being ran then Maybe just Maybe next year you will step up to the plate and run the group.  This is a big undertaking, and not as easy as it looks.

To me this is quite simple.

You sign up, are assigned to a group, or if you choose maybe  two, You welcome new comers, bless people who leave your group, send your gifts with love expecting nothing in return, and receive your gifts with gratitude and thanksgiving. 

I agree with most of what you say, but also have to say that we are all adults here. I don't check the Mailbox surprise area all the time either.  But when September, my birthday month, rolls around I will check the group and send acknowledgements, as we all should do.  I agree that Kristin is doing a fine job, but she is also limited as to what she can do.  I agree the forum as a whole is a social group, but also those who signed up for the Mailbox surprises did so as an exchange, not only of gifts but as sharing a part of who we are -- the social portion, if you wish.  We all agreed to post in the Mailbox surprises received, and optionally in the sent area as well.  To not acknowlege a gift within a week of it being received is just plain rude.  If a person is ill, she can ask someone else to post a short note for her.  Kristin should not have to chase people down and do the level of maintenance on the group she is being forced into.  

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,591
Points 75,975
Karla replied on Fri, Feb 22 2013 9:30 PM

I'm sorry I haven't sent my February surprise yet to Deloris (Group 5) but I have been away from home so much lately because of DH's dental surgery that I completely forgot to check if I had anyone due a surprise this month.  Deloris if you see this message I will get your surprise in the mail (probably from Branson as we are leaving for the retreal on Monday).   Please forgive me.  I promise to do better in the future.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 2:38 AM

Kristin, it is a shame that you have to remind and babysit "adults". but just know that the majority of us think you are doing a fantastic job and certainly do not blame you for others who are not living up to their commitments.  Must acknowlege reminds me of two of my grandchildren who no longer receive gifts.  After 3 warnings that if they could not send thank you notes, or pick up the phone or even email there would be no more gifts.  Guess they thought their old Grandma would forget, but alas they no longer get presents.

You just rest girl and know you have done all in your power and faults do not lie with you but with the participant who does not properly participate!

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495
Christine replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:29 PM

nicely stated, Wendy!  I'm a newbie and very excited to be in this group!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 525
Deloris replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 12:31 AM

Karla:

Not a problem, I have had computer problems and STILL  can not figure out how to post. Thanks.   Deloris

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

Brigit-Carol,

I am sorry to say that it looks like the spreadsheet Kristin's husband sent me might not be up-to-date.  The spreadsheet has you in Group 4, but not Group 5.  Obviously, Kristin's spreadsheet is NOT correct, because we can all see that Kristin posted a list of members on Jan 29, including you in Group 5.  I have copied Kristin's post below.  Brigit-Carol, you are definitely included in Group 5, but because it seems like that was one of those last-minute changes, it seems like that update may have been lost in the shuffle.  I recall that there were a TON of last-minute changes made after folks had signed up and I know Kristin did her best to accommodate everyone, but it seems as though some details might have been overlooked (It sounds like she added you to group 5, but just forgot to add you to the spreadsheet and might have forgotten to let all the Group 5 ladies know about the change.)

Group 5 ladies, can you please confirm that you are aware that Brigit-Carol is in your group?  It looks as though all of you except Karla have already received gifts from Brigit-Carol, so surely you are planning to send back.  Just want to double-check here, since it looks like this was a last-minute change and there has been some confusion around it.  If I don't hear back from you here, I will PM the lot of you one-by-one, so please help me out and post a response here if you see this.  :)  I want to confirm that all the Group 5 ladies are aware that Brigit-Carol is in group 5.

Group 5

Wendy Empey 14-Jan
Deloris Beck 15-Feb
Melissa Halpain 17-May
Kinsey Shea 20-Jul
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Karla Simmons 24-Dec

Kristin (KAlbrecht):

Hi All -- Many thank to Lisa and Bobbie Joe for signing up for Mailbox Surprises 2013 to fill in for our numerous drop outs.  Also, many thanks to Jacy for taking on two Mailbox Surprise groups.

I think I've sent all of you any new group information but if you didn't get anything, think you might have out-of-date information, or just want an update, let me know and I'll send again.

Otherwise, the Mailbox Surprises 2013 Group Information stands as follows  . . . PLEASE, NO MORE DROP OUTS FROM HERE ON OUT (unless it's an emergency of course).

Thank you to all the Mailbox Surprise 2013 group members for your patience while I worked to balance out the groups.

Group 1

Joyce   Routh 4-Jan
Barbara   Rickman 21-Jan
Bonita   Walters 3-Feb
Jacy   Hughes 13-Feb
Bobbie Joe Klebe 5-Dec
Carolyn   Beaudot 31-Dec

Group 2

Jacy   Hughes 13-Feb
Karen   Hollis 19-Mar
Debbie   Bacon 14-Jun
Kelli   Hubbard 6-Sep
Althea J. Foster 20-Sep
Laura   Casmore 4-Dec

Group 3

Mimi   Hoerr 14-Feb
Candace   Weiss 4-Apr
Sukochi   Lee 15-Jun
Althea J. Foster 20-Sep
Yvonne   Hamilton 5-Dec
Carolyn   Beaudot 31-Dec

Group 4

Brandy  Fossett 17-Feb
Debbie Robertus 6-May
Pat Badder 18-Feb
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Kristin Albrecht 1-Oct
Jean Ricard 19-Dec

Group 5

Wendy Empey 14-Jan
Deloris Beck 15-Feb
Melissa Halpain 17-May
Kinsey Shea 20-Jul
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Karla Simmons 24-Dec

Group 6

Debbi L. Mueller 18-Jan
Denise Carriveau 15-Feb
Lisa Fenner 3-Sep
Michelle Heath 14-Nov
Kathy Fritz 4-Dec
Stephanie MacKay 29-Dec

Please be sure to let me know if any problems or questions.

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:23 AM

Trying to keep everyone updated on my life events but they are moving so rapidly, even I can't keep up.  I put my house up for sale and it SOLD in 3 days and they want 11/1 closing.  I told the realator that here I was signing the contract on the house and I didn't even have the death certificate yet (still don't).  So now I am packing like crazy and will be moving to NV, don't know where yet but someplace around Henderson.  All my family are in So CA and NV so this will be a good thing.  I won't be in their hip pocket but will be close by.  As soon as I have an address I will let you know.

Michelle, I might be late with your gift, but I will not forget you!

Kathy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

Well, congratulations on the sale of your house, Kathy.  Good luck with the move.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with so much at once.  Seems like things are happening so quickly for you.  Hang in there.  We'll be here when you have your new address.  Thanks for keeping up updated.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

good day ladies. it has been awhile since i have been here.   i am in group 6 could someone please send me the addresses for the people in my group. i never got any addresses and i know it has been awhile i really would like to catch back up.

thank you

Lisa Fenner

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 20,275

Lisa Fenner:

good day ladies. it has been awhile since i have been here.   i am in group 6 could someone please send me the addresses for the people in my group. i never got any addresses and i know it has been awhile i really would like to catch back up.

thank you

Lisa, I sent you a PM with the information that I have. I know ther were some changes since the groups were originally set up, and I don't have all of that information, so hopefully what I have is close to up-to-date.  It includes info for the following people in Group 6, per the spreadsheet that Kristin's husband gave me:  Debbi C, Denise C, Michelle H, Barbara R, Stephanie M

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Fri, Nov 22 2013 2:04 PM

Carolyn, I believe I am in Group 6 and I sent you a PM with my new and current address and info.  I know I am late Michelle, but your surprise should be in the mail on Monday at the latest!  Thanks for understanding!

Carolyn, who is Barbara R?  She was not on my list for Group 6.  Have I just confused myself with all that has been going on?

Kathy

Page 6 of 7 (95 items) «Prev34567Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use