MAILBOX SURPRISES 2013 ... NEW LEADER ... SIGN UP DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 1:55 PM

Thea, just better not get my TP back:) teehee!

Kathy

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,369
Points 242,517
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:35 PM

Kathy - no way - it has a place of honor on my table in front of the TV - staying there too - just brings too many smiles to this house!  The 10th anniversary of our losing my DMIL was yesterday and we were telling all our funny and serious stories about her and the TP got brought up and we laughed and laughed - so nope that TP is a treasure in this house... and the person who dares to try and use it will be in T R O U B L E...teehee

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,369
Points 242,517
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:42 PM

Debbie-do:
Yvonne, that's a shame considering how much effort you put into your gifts.  I had 9 people who didn't send anything.  In your case I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you're birthday is at the end of the year and memories fail (at least mine does).  You got my gift, right??  :)
 Debbie - I am hoping that I sent you one - I think I did - I know I was very late last year in sending out the gifts for the first half of the year - my LIFE got in the way with Mom and sickness - but I thought I got all caught up - if I didn't send you something - please let me know - I have made up the packages for all - and shortly the December ones will be out the door - I have them all ready - talking with Barbara on Skype today I finished preparing them all - had to hunt to find some of the things I had set aside - my area for everything has been so minimized that I have to dig out this and then dig out that - and I had had it all together and well - since I didn't have anyone in Oct or Nov it got shoved down - way down - but I dug it all out - got my addresses for everyone and it is ready to go... So please let me know if I didn't send you anything - I thought I got everyone...I know I only rec'd from about 7 people - but that was okay - it was the best birthday I have had in a long time... Just like the TP in my SS gift was awesome - so awesome I haven't opened the rest of the gifts... I do love the fudge and the towel too - those didn't have to be opened - the rest just look so pretty... I am so silly though...

when I was a kid I used to hunt for my xmas gifts and find them  - open them and then close them back up - now I can wait and wait with presents right in front of me for my b/day or for Christmas - I love the fact I have gifts...teehee... DH and I haven't exchanged gifts in years - we just get each other things all year long as we need them - and I can't hold on to things to give to him - they arrive and I want him to have them.... I am bad bad bad!!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895
Denise replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:48 PM

Kristen,  I'd like to sign up for this.  It sounds like fun.  I'll friend you & send you my info.  Thanks, Denise

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,550
Points 46,960
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:20 PM

Thea:
Debbie - I am hoping that I sent you one
Thea:

when I was a kid I used to hunt for my xmas gifts and find them  - open them and then close them back up - now I can wait and wait with presents right in front of me for my b/day or for Christmas - I love the fact I have gifts...teehee... DH and I haven't exchanged gifts in years - we just get each other things all year long as we need them - and I can't hold on to things to give to him - they arrive and I want him to have them.... I am bad bad bad!!!

Yes ma'am you sure did!  You sent me a whole bunch of goodies :o)   I can't believe you would open your gifts and close them back up!!  Hahahahahaha... I did the very same thing!!  Oh My goodness there were NO surprises under that tree and I STILL couldn't sleep on Christmas eve !  Actually, I was well into my 30's before I could!  I was so excited to see my boys' expressions when they got up in the morning I slept very lightly.  Like you, in recent years I've been more able to contain myself probably because if I don't, there won't be ANYthing under the tree on Christmas morning!  Though the quilting goodies to tend to get opened pretty quickly. :o)  Once a little girl, always a little girl??

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Oh this is exciting.  We have a good turn out so far.

Thank you everybody for joining!

I do need addresses, birthday, and faves for some of you still ...... but we have time so no rush.

Joyce Routh

Michelle

StefiKay

Denise

Kathy

Debbie-Do

In addition, to date I have the following addresses and birthdays for these people ...

Althea, Wendy, Barbara, Mimi, Debbie Robertus, Yvonne, Pat, Jacy, Jean and Karla

If you don't see your name and you have friended and/or PM'd, please let me know.  I'm trying to be very careful going through my email but I make mistakes too.

Thanks everybody! 

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Good night all.

Sleep tight.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Before I get caught up in reading the thread, please include me in one group. His will be my,first year participating! Thank you for taking this on Kristen! 

Brandy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Okay, caught up on the thread and I friended you Kristin!  I will wait for you to reply so that I can send you a PM with my info.  Very excited!!  Considering doing 2 groups, but will just want one for now.  

Thank you so much!  

Brandy

replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:52 PM

Gee just found this thread! I am in. I can't wait!  Thanks for hosting!   Hope it goes as planned!  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 195
Points 2,500

This looks like something I would love doing.  I am not sure of all the details on this but I will get with the right person on this.  I think this will be so much fun.  I look forward to being more involved this next year (2013). 

Karen Hollis

Texas Girl

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Hi Kristin,

Nice to meet you and thank you so much for hosting this group. Please count me in. I will PM you with my details. Again, thank you so much.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440

Kristin please sign me up. Sent you friend request. When confirmed will send you info needed.

Pat B

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 525
Deloris replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:57 PM

Sign me up please. Haven't tried this before, sounds like fun.

Thanks

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Too funny.  Although I did something similar.  I would stack and organize the gifts under the tree based on who they were for . . . . my brother and sister and I would then have fights over who had the best gifts . . . . before we even opened them . . . . we were doing this based on the size of the gift.

Thea:

Page 3 of 6 (87 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use