MAILBOX SURPRISES 2013 ... NEW LEADER ... SIGN UP DEADLINE DECEMBER 31, 2012

rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:06 PM

I'm with Jean... if there are 4-5 in each group, sign me up for 2!

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:14 AM

Count me in.......I had so much enjoyment in the Secret Santa that I would love to do something year around!  Thanks for taking on the leadership.

Kathy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475
Yvonne replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:27 AM

Have to admit, I'm still a wee bit confused about how this is going to work, but.....if the groups are only 4--5 each, I could manage two.  I've had fun with this go around, although a little disappointed in people who don't follow thru on their committments,  Still, out of the current group--9 people have sent me birthday surprises.  (12 haven't)  I suppose that isn't bad, considering. 

So, sign me up!  It's fun sending surprises--and receiving them as well. 

Renton Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,548
Points 46,935
Debbie-do replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:58 AM

Yvonne, that's a shame considering how much effort you put into your gifts.  I had 9 people who didn't send anything.  In your case I wonder if it has to do with the fact that you're birthday is at the end of the year and memories fail (at least mine does).  You got my gift, right??  :)

I had a thought about splitting up the names ... how about 4 groups ... jan/feb/mar  ... apr/may/jun... jul/aug/sep... oct/nov/dec... then put each participant in the group their birthday falls in.   For example, my birthday is in June so my name would go into the second group and the third if I am in two since it's closest to my birth month.  That way I don't have a year long commitment and will be less likely to drop out before everyone in my group gets a gift from me!  Just a thought.

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:28 AM

I would LOVE to participate in this. Sign me up! :)

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475
Yvonne replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:31 AM

OOh yes, Debbie!  I received your gifty---I thought I acknowledged it (if not, oops!  sorry about that!!!  Thank you!!!!!)    You  could be right about the hazard of having an end of the year birthday.  I'd rather think it was forgetfulness, than that someone just blew it off after receiving their mailbox surprise.  I am thinking, though, that I hope none of the 12 who forgot me, end up on my NEW list.  Not too sure how I'd feel about sending them another surprise after they didn't send me anything.  :-(  Hmm...maybe we should compare notes, privately---I am curious if the same people who didn't send you anything, are ones who didn't send me anything....   Just wondering!

Your idea about being in groups with people who all have birthdays at the same time, is a good one.  That might keep it fresh in our minds and keep anyone's feelings from getting hurt. 

Renton Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 209
Points 2,170
StefiKay replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:48 AM

Sign me up please. I would love to be part of this.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:08 AM

OK, sign me up but not sure how to do the following:

Please "Friend" me and "PM" me with your name, address, birthday (MM DD only please), and your favorite colors/styles/patterns/fabrics/notions/thread, etc.......

where do I friend you at? 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:11 AM

I like this idea because I'm forgetful enough about family sometimes.  My birthday is May and I have 2 grandsons plus another in June with birthdays.  I'm in on this idea, for sure!

splitting up the names ... how about 4 groups ... jan/feb/mar ... apr/may/jun... jul/aug/sep... oct/nov/dec... then put each participant in the group their birthday falls in. For example, my birthday is in June so my name would go into the second group and the third if I am in two since it's closest to my birth month. That way I don't have a year long commitment and will be less likely to drop out before everyone in my group gets a gift from me! Just a thought.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:19 AM

Barbara - how did you send a friends requests, I'm not finding where.  feel so dumb cuz I'm usually good at figuring this out on my own but AAGGHHH!!

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:23 AM

Found it!  just had to keep looking and when all else failed go back and read directions!!  That's good advice for all of life, isn't it? 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:24 AM

found it!!  just read directions when all else fails.  good advice, why don't I remember that before I get frustrated?

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,481
Points 24,690
Debbie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:32 AM

Kristin, found it and send friends request with my info.  going to limit it to one group and see how things go.  rather make 4-5 people happy then disaapoint a bunch. 

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,585
Points 75,810
Karla replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:53 AM

Count me in, Kristin...I'm game for another year of Mailbox Surprises.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 231
Points 3,565
Pat replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 1:19 PM

Im I on the list.....did you get my PM   Pat

Pat   From Canada

Page 2 of 6 (87 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use