rated by 0 users
This post has 86 Replies | 25 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) Posted: Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:33 PM

Hi Quilters

My name is Kristin Albrecht.  I am the new leader for the Mailbox Surprises Group.  I'm excited to be leading the group and getting to know more of members of the QCA Community.  Please feel free to make recommendations on how to improve on the group . . . I am open to any and all reasonable ideas.

I may be crazy, but I am not going to limit the number of members for the 2013 group.  Everybody who wants a spot, gets a spot.  What I am going to do is, define subgroups within the Mailbox Surprise Group.  The subgroup size will depend on the total number of members we have signed up by December 31, 2012.  Please let me know if you want to be assigned to more than one sub-group.

Reply to this thread to sign up.  Please do not leave your personal information in this thread.

Please "Friend" me and "PM" me with your name, address, birthday (MM DD only please), and your favorite colors/styles/patterns/fabrics/notions/thread, etc.......  

The Rules

Quilting Level: Any

Mailbox Surprises Process:

1. I will compile a list of the members who sign up to participate in the 2013 Mailbox Surprises Group.  Deadline to sign up for the 2013 group is December 31, 2012
  2. THE 2013 GROUP WILL EXPIRE ON DECEMBER 31, 2013.  A NEW GROUP WILL BE ASSEMBLED IN DECEMBER, 2013, FOR THE 2014 CALENDAR YEAR.  YOU MUST SIGN UP EACH SUBSEQUENT YEAR TO BE A MEMBER OF THAT YEAR'S MAILBOX SURPRISE GROUP.
  3. In the first week of January 2013, I will PM the group members with their respective sub-group information with birthdays, faves, addr, etc.....  Please let me know if you want to be in more than one sub-group.
  4. As a reminder I will PM to all group members the details of their sub-group members birthdays who have a birthday coming up at least 1 week prior to the start of the next month (January might be tight but I'll get the information out to members as soon as possible after December 31, 2012).
  5. For example, as close to January 1, 2013 as possible, I will PM the group members with the personal information on sub-group members who have a birthday in January,
  6. I will PM the group members with the personal information on sub-group member who have a birthday in February by January 25, 2013.
  7. And so on .........
  8. Each Mailbox Surprise Sub-Group Member will mail each sub-group member who has a birthday in a given month a little "something".  It can be as simple as a card, or as extravagent as a finished quilt.  It is entirely up to the gifter to decide what to send.
  9. Please keep all the gifts that are sent Quilting related.
  10. Please try to mail your birthday surprise to its recipient as close to their birthday date as possible.
  11. Optionally . . . Reply to the "I mailed a 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!" thread when you've mailed a surprise package.  It's not necessary to say who it's going to.  Sometimes it's fun just to keep people guessing.
  12. NOT OPTIONAL . . . Reply to the "I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!" to thank your gifter.
  13. Also not optional . . . . HAVE FUN!

All involved members MUST keep me posted of progress and complications. As we all know life happens to us all. The most important thing in the Mailbox Surprise Group, and in life is open COMMUNICATION. If you're going to be late in sending a birthday surprise please let ME know. We need to try to keep on schedule to avoid frustration. Remember your group is counting on you to put as much love, care and thought into the birthday surprise as they did with theirs. BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS, Do unto others applies well here!! PLEASE post to discussion board when you receive a birthday surprise.  I reserve the right to remove somebody from the Mailbox Surprise group if they do not play by the rules.

PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP AFTER YOU HAVE READ THE RULES AND ARE WILLING TO COMMIT THEM, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE TIME TO PARTICIPATE BEFORE JOINING, VERY IMPORTANT!

Now lets have some fun!!!!!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:43 PM

Thea is signing up - I loved it this year and will try to do better next year!

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,131
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 6:56 PM

Wendy is signing up

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:08 PM

I'm not real sure I understand the sub group thing.  I would like allittle better understanding . thanks

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Welcome, Thea. 

Thanks for signing up.

Thea:

Thea is signing up - I loved it this year and will try to do better next year!

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Wendy --

Nice to meet you.  Welcome!

Thanks for signing up.

Wendy :

Wendy is signing up

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Barbara --

What I intend to do is, based on how many people sign up for the mailbox surprise group, to divide the whole group into parts.  Each "part" will be assigned to the group members that are also members of the "part".  I did this so I don't have to limit how many people sign up for the Mailbox Surprise group.  Also, with the financial state of the country/world, I thought it would be easier on everybody's pocket book to mail to only 4 or 5 members as opposed to 24 members.

For example, if 25 people sign up, I might then divide those 25 people into 5 "parts".  So each person in one part has the responsibility to mail surprises to each of the other four members of their part.  (This is just an example.  The total number of members in each "part" will depend on the total number of people who sign up).

Make sense?

Please let me know if any questions.

Thanks!

Barbara:

I'm not real sure I understand the sub group thing.  I would like allittle better understanding . thanks

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:47 PM

Kristin ,OK that makes sense . now .Sorry this old brain has a lot of senior moments ..LOL   .Ok if it is going to be held to just a few members at a time  I'll give this a go again.   Thanks barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:51 PM

Kristin sent a friends request . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:56 PM

Kristin, Put me on the list too.  With the economy the way it is and the fiscal cliff drawing nearer, being a gifter to ten people would be great.  I would like to be in more than one group if possible.  Thanks for agreeing to be the leader of this group. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:05 PM

Kristin, I'd like to do this again too. 

If there was 10 to 12 in a group then that would be about 1 gift to send out each month.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Hi Barbara --

No worries.  I have those too ;) .....

Thanks for signing up!

Barbara:

Kristin ,OK that makes sense . now .Sorry this old brain has a lot of senior moments ..LOL   .Ok if it is going to be held to just a few members at a time  I'll give this a go again.   Thanks barbara

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Mimi

Jacy

You're both on the list. 

Please be sure to PM me your information (if you haven't already).

Mimi -- I put you down for two groups.  Let me know before signup deadline if you change your mind.

Thanks for signing up!  This is going to be FUN!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:20 PM

I would like to join in.  Sounds like fun!  If it's only 4 - 5 in a subgroup, I could do two.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,553
Points 246,002
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:30 PM

Kristin - I wouldn't mind being in a group where I was sending out something every month - or 2 every month - so however that works out - count me in!

Page 1 of 6 (87 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use