I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475
Yvonne replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:50 AM

Wow, that WAS slow--but I'm relieved to hear it arrived.  Better late than never, right?  That must be the philosophy your mailman uses.  Sheesh! 

Anyway, glad you like the bag.  I have fun making those.

Renton Washington

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Thea, 

I forgot to say that your belated gift is on its way from me.  you should have it within a few days.  I'm very sorry to be late!!! NOT a good example to be setting for the group.  For what it's worth, this is my first late one since the Jan 4 that I just literally did not have time to do when the group was FIRST starting up.   

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

hi ladies. i sure hope this gets posted. i have been having so many issues with trying to get on here.  well been trying since april... let qca know many times so hopefully now they finally got it fixed . well i did receive my surprises.. and they were very much surprises for me too. my son brought them to me while i was in the hospital . they cheered me up .greatly. i had forgotten about that too. i have had so many health issues and been in and out of the hospital so much this past year. i am praying i make it the rest of the year without going in. even though i will be needing some surgeries trying to put them off till after the holidays.

i want to thank all the ladies that sent me the surprises.. i received them even though i wasnt sure what some items were. LOL

how do i add pictures of them on here.???

i would like to get in some swaps if i still can . hope this gets posted and i have missed everyone here too

Lisa Fenner

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

Lisa Fenner

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 76
Points 895

and this is my third package i received . i thank all you sent them.. they really cheered me up when i was in the hospital.. i was laying  there in my hospital bed playing with everything. sorry i couldnt post earlier. just got problems straightened out . so woo hoo finally i am back in groups

Lisa Fenner

• Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475
Yvonne replied on Sun, Oct 20 2013 9:41 AM

I just discovered that, for some unknown reason, all the messages from this group have been going into my spam filter!  I am sure it must be something I accidently did......  Anyway, glad to find you all again and see that fun stuff has been going on while I wasn't looking!!!

Renton Washington

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

I got the most wonderful surprise in my mailbox. What a treat to end a long, crazy holiday weekend. It is a bit early, but I don't mind at all!!!  :)

Thank you Yvonne!!!  This little mouse pin cushion / thread holder is **adorable**. DH and I both noticed the Hawaiian fabric on the zipper pouch right away- love it!!  Everything is great!  Thank you so very much!! :) I

wish I'd gotten a better angle on this photo, but you all get the idea.  The pink mouse is a pincushion and his tail is a bendable wire thread holder. The cup is a thread catcher. And a cute wall hanging pattern behind. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475

Yay!!!!   Glad you like the goodies!  Hope you have a wonderful birthday this month....

Renton Washington

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,180

Lisa, so glad you got your surprises and are back with us... and I'm glad our gifts were able to cheer you not just for your birthday but for your hospital stay as well. Glad you are able to get back on the forums!

Kathy - I have your surprises all ready to go but I won't be able to mail them until Monday, I don't think they will arrive in time for your birthday but They are on their way!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475

Thanks to both Sukochi and Mimi for extending my birthday a few days!  Yesterday I received a lovely package from Sukochi--a fiber postcard, bookmark, a kit to make a Kleenex box cover, a pen and fabric.  Then today a BIG box showed up from Mimi.  Wowsers!   Too many items to name, all in a wonderful basket she made--with lots of pockets and each pocket was stuffed with goodies.  I'm going to try to post photos, but haven't had much luck in the past...we'll see how it goes. 

aha!  It worked!  These are the goodies from Mimi!  Thanks, Mimi!!!  You certainly know how to spoil a gal!

Now to see if I can find where the photo of Sukochi's pressies went.  Hmm!   Okay.  Weird.  I got Sukochi's photo on the top, even though it was the 2nd one I posted...but HEY!  LOooookeee!  I can post photos!!!  

Success.  

Thanks, Sukochi, for the goodies.  I especially love the cover for the Kleenex box!

Renton Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 6:20 PM

So glad you like all your presents.  Hope your birthday was wonderful. I made the little basket at my LQS.  It's a Tool-rific.  First time I ever sewed on plastic.  Hope you can find lots of things to keep in it so you are super organized while you quilt.  <<<Hugs>>>

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

You have one more on the way, Yvonne.  I don't know why it's taking so long.  I mailed it priority mail before I mailed by Secret Santa (which was first class) and the secret santa already arrived yesterday.  I'm sorry it's late.  Know that there's one more on the way.  Great job Sukochi and Mimi!!

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 415
Points 5,370
Kathy replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 6:59 PM

StefiKay, I received my beautiful surprise today.  Oh my, I just love the batik pack and have the perfect purse pattern to make with them.  Also, am addicted to the Flexion pens, so another one is always welcome.  And pins, can you ever have enough pins??  Thank you so much.

And just to let you know I mailed your surprise yesterday thinking it was in plenty of time and the PO told me it would take 2 to 3 weeks and we cannot get tracking numbers for Canadian packages.  well, we can, but it will only trace as far as CAlifornia so what good is that.  So someday, you too, will get a surprise:)

Kathy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 594
Points 9,445
Joyce replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 5:07 PM

Carolyn what a nice gift surprise.  All the gifts are so nice.  That mouse is cute and the little basket & pouch.  I love snowmen too.  I hope you have a Happy Birthday.

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 6:47 PM

Happy birthday, Yvonne. The fiber on that post card is a mm paper towel painted with water color paints. Who knew you could paint on paper toweling. Glad you had such a good birthday. Mimi rocks at birthdays!

Sukochi

Page 16 of 18 (258 items) «Prev1415161718Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use