I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 7:38 PM

Hi Carolyn don't want to add more work for you but in Group 1 I think Bobbie Joe dropped out.  I don't know if anyone else received anything from her but I didn't hear anything and I don't think Kristen received any replies from her about it.  I don't know did anyone else in that group receive anything from Bibbie Joe?  If so I will go ahead and send something to her in Dec.  I don't mind I just want to know if she is still in the group.

Thanks,

Joyce

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:01 AM

Karla:
I am a firm believer in giving without recompense, but also a firm believer following through on commitments I have made.

Amen, Karla!  I'm with you.  brought up to give but also have courtesy to let it be known that you did receive,  and be gracious, if you like it or not.  

Karla:
but is about making commitments and keeping them.
 Amen, also!  if you Commit then follow through.  I work with someone who we never believe her because she will back out at the last moment - like switching shifts with you, says yes and then 2 days later says sorry, I can't. Just drives you crazy but no one will ask her anymore!  if you make a decision, then stay with it.  If something happens, let it be known, we all have it happen, just man up.

ok, getting down from my soapbox!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:06 AM

Carolyn (CarolBeau):

Group 4

Brandy  Fossett 17-Feb
Debbie Robertus 6-May
Pat Badder 18-Feb
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Kristin Albrecht 1-Oct
Jean Ricard 19-Dec

I have on my notes that Christine Walter replaced Kristin Albrecht in Group 4, Christine sent me the nicest layer cake(first one I've ever used). working on a twist n stitch quilt with it.   

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:09 AM

Sukochi, hope the doctors can figure it out and get you better!  I felt that you must not be feeling well, because it just didn't sound like you.  Prayers going your way for relief, comfort, strength, and know God will wrap his arms around you to give you peace.   

Debbie (dear1953)  

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jul 26 2013 7:18 AM

Saying while tear flow. I am not even leaving the house anymore. no church, Bible Study, . post office, Library, nothing. Having to go to the Doctor is so upsetting. I have to leave the house to do that. I think my Bi polar meds must need adjusting.  I am totally in the depths of despair. :(

Sukochi

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Joyce and Debbie, you ladies are both correct about updates that were made following the list that I re-posted.  I'm so sorry to add to the confusion.  I know a lot of updates were made and I thought that the post I'd linked to was one of the later posts (after all the changes), but it turns out that I was just wrong about that.  

Joyce, I totally should have known better about group 1 because I'm in that group.  Of course I should have known about Pat because I sent her a gift just a month ago.  thanks to both you and Debbie for pointing this out.

It sounds like the group members are all aware of the updates that happened very early in the year, with the one exception of the changes in Group 5 and I have sent PMs to all of the members in Group 5 to let everyone know about the addition of Brigit-Carol to group 5.  Please carry on with what you know from Kristin and just ignore that re-post of the information from Jan 29.  I've PM'd everyone who may have actually had out-of-date information.  

Sorry for any additional confusion that I might have added!!!

Cheers,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Sukochi:

Saying while tear flow. I am not even leaving the house anymore. no church, Bible Study, . post office, Library, nothing. Having to go to the Doctor is so upsetting. I have to leave the house to do that. I think my Bi polar meds must need adjusting.  I am totally in the depths of despair. :(

Hang in there, Sukochi.  You will get through this.  I know you will.  Stay strong and see your doctor and before you know it, you'll be looking back on this as just a bad day that you had in the past.

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

I received a package from Pat Badder today -- many thanks!  I won't open it until my birthday.  This will be the first time in many many years that I will actually have something to open on my birthday.  No family left, and friends in this area all have their own families, so my birthday usually goes unnoticed.  But not this year!  BTW, I'm turning 65 so I guess I'm officially considered a "senior citizen" now.  <grin>

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

I received packages today from Wendy and Karla.  And a fat envelope from Lexington, SC.  I'll open all on Saturday and post on this thead.  Many thanks!

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

Thank you very much to Karla, Wendy, PatJean, and Debbie for making my birthday special.  I received lovely cards and very nice gifts.  I'll post pics in a little while.  I really appreciate your thoughtfulness.   

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 680
Points 17,070

As promised -- pictures!

The first is of cards and gifts from Debbie, Christine, Jean, and Karla.  I got tickled at the scissor holder -- just Friday I downloaded the pattern to make one, and now I have one!  Christine, did you make the card and notepad?  They are darling.  The crocheted bookmark from Jean is lovely, and I know how time-consuming something like that is to make.  And the lower right shows a pillowcase kit from Karla.  I saw folks making those at the quilting retreat, so am delighted to have a kit to make of my own. Lots of fabric from everyone, and many other really nice goodies.   The second picture show cards and gifts from Pat and and Wendy.  The items on the upper left are 4 placemats from Pat, one folded back to show the  angels on the back -- reversible!  And the fabric on the right from Wendy just looks like sweater knits.  I actually had to touch it to realise it was  printed cotton.  Now I need to come up with a really neat pattern to show it off.  And the spool holders/ thingamabobs are wonderful.

Thank you all for making my birthday special with your thoughtfulness.  

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,761
Points 66,995
Bonita replied on Sun, Sep 22 2013 7:08 PM

Happy Birthday Brigit- Carol, the ladies picked some lovely things for you. Will be waiting to see what you make with them.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

Good Morning Friends --

Imagine my surprise and delight to arrive home from the hospital on my birthday, and had a package from Denise.  

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For remembering me on my birthday.

I will take a picture and post it here later today.

Thanks again.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 5,475

I sent Thea a package for her birthday.  Did I miss her acknowledgement of it???  Or has it gone missing....???

Thea!  Did you get it????? 

Renton Washington

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,457
Points 243,902
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 2 2013 10:47 AM

Yvonne, it arrived yesterday... we have been having problems with our mail here - the mail man for our route retired so I never know when things are going to be delivered - I guess he finally had enough stuff as my mail box was over flowing - thank you so much the little notions bag is so cute... I put it in my purse already... thank you very much!  Yours and Sukochi's were the only real gifts I got this year - my flowers from the kids were beautiful but they don't last - these gifts from you and Sukochi will be treasured as the ones I got last year.  thank you so so much!

Page 15 of 18 (258 items) «Prev1314151617Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use