I got my 2013 Mailbox Surprise !!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 257 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 292
Points 5,700
Yvonne replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:48 AM

Don't be so hard on all of us, Sukochi!  Although any hate mail from members of this group to our Fearless Leaders are out of bounds, for sure.   But I can understand why someone might be upset.  The written word is so easily misunderstood--no facial expressions or tone of voice to soften what we write.  Still, let's all be NICE to each other! 

That being said, we are all used to quilty SWAPS..  A swap denotes an exchange.  I've been in groups where there are people who deliberately sign up for swaps with the intention of only getting--they never sent out anything.  That put me off swapping for years!   I think the worst case was one gal who was collecting blocks from  all the swaps she signed up for, then made quilts with them and sold  them on ebay!  That was from the MSN Community, back when I first got online.  But most people are good and honest.  It is those who aren't who make everyone else feel badly.    I know "life isn't fair," but I expect better behavior from quilters than that sort of thing. 

I think if one cannot follow thru on a swap, for whatever reason, then they shouldn't sign up for it--OR if the reason shows up after they've made the commitment, then they should inform everyone that they can't do it after all.   That is what I would do and I am sure that is what 99.9% of us do!  AND...when a goody is received, be it a card or a fat quarter or whatever, it is only common courtesy to acknowlege it and thank the person who sent it.   Otherwise, it kind of feels like we just tossed our "mailbox surprise" into a deep dark hole.  Did it arrive?  Did our friend like it?  Hello?  Anyone out there???   An email or even a snail mail (if there are computer issues), letting the person know the surprise arrived, isn't too much to ask..  We expect good manners from ourselves and others. 

I signed up for this again this year, in spite of a few little "bumps" last year.  So far, so good.  I've managed to send out goodies to everyone in my group so far (next birthday is in September--I have the list posted in my sewing room, Group 3--Althea!!!) 

It's more fun when everyone plays fair.  Just my two cents. 

Renton Washington

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 9:30 AM

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 211
Points 2,235
StefiKay replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 9:34 AM

Hello all,

Just checking in for Group 6. We haven't had a birthday since February and the next one up I believe is Lisa in September. I kinda wish the birthdays had been spread out throughout the year better for our group, but at the same time it has allowed me to spread the cost out over a few months, as things have been financially tight for me lately.... I know, based on what I have read (I do read the forums regularly to keep up on whats happening) that some others are also experiencing some financial/emotional and/or medical issues.

I was sorry to read that some people are not letting others in their group know when/if they are dropping out,  but I have have to agree with Carolyn and Sukochi both....it was risk I accepted when I joined up, and I like looking for something for each person that suits what they asked for/indicated they would like. It is a little disappointing when receipt of a gift is not acknowledged and it is a good feeling when it is acknowledged and appreciated but, again, it was a risk I signed up for either way. I enjoy the thought that maybe my gifts will make someones day a little brighter, and while I hope the thought will be reciprocated, if it is not I certainly won't let it ruin or even negatively affect my birthday when it comes. I also don't think anyone should be worrying about cost. It is better to send a card or even a letter with with a hello and good wishes to let a person know they are thought of and cared about, than to do nothing at all, and let a person feel unappreciated. As several people have mentioned previously in this forum, it is the thought that counts, not the cost. 

Anyway, I just wanted to check in, send out a hello to everyone, including my Group 6 peeps :) and add my two cents on the current subject. BTW thank you Carolyn for stepping up for Kristin during her down time. I know we all wish her speedy recovery but I'm sure you will and are doing your best in the meantime.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,132
Points 28,645
Wendy replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 11:31 AM

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,405

Wendy :

My retraction was not meant  to start this emotional roller coaster on this forum. It was for informational reasons only. Kristin asked me to inform group 5, and I did. Karla I do not know why you didn't get my PM I sent to the group. I apologize for that.   

Brigit-Carol, I was not aware that you were a part of group 5 I have not gotten any info from Kristin on you. could you please  PM me your info. you might want to send it toe everyone in both groups. They may not have your info either.

I am sorry that these things have happened to you guys in the past, but not knowing you all on a personal level, I would say that my informational statement sparked some really bad feelings  for some of you that you haven't  gotten over.  Please don't read  emotion into a simple informational post.

The final list can be found here--you will notice I'm in both groups 4 & 5, and I have been sending to people in both groups.  CAROLYN, CAN YOU PLEASE HELP US OUT HERE?:    http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/groups/mailbox_surprises/forum/t/38083.aspx?PageIndex=4  --  scroll down to the 7th post. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Brigit-Carol,

I am sorry to say that it looks like the spreadsheet Kristin's husband sent me might not be up-to-date.  The spreadsheet has you in Group 4, but not Group 5.  Obviously, Kristin's spreadsheet is NOT correct, because we can all see that Kristin posted a list of members on Jan 29, including you in Group 5.  I have copied Kristin's post below.  Brigit-Carol, you are definitely included in Group 5, but because it seems like that was one of those last-minute changes, it seems like that update may have been lost in the shuffle.  I recall that there were a TON of last-minute changes made after folks had signed up and I know Kristin did her best to accommodate everyone, but it seems as though some details might have been overlooked (It sounds like she added you to group 5, but just forgot to add you to the spreadsheet and might have forgotten to let all the Group 5 ladies know about the change.)

Group 5 ladies, can you please confirm that you are aware that Brigit-Carol is in your group?  It looks as though all of you except Karla have already received gifts from Brigit-Carol, so surely you are planning to send back.  Just want to double-check here, since it looks like this was a last-minute change and there has been some confusion around it.  If I don't hear back from you here, I will PM the lot of you one-by-one, so please help me out and post a response here if you see this.  :)  I want to confirm that all the Group 5 ladies are aware that Brigit-Carol is in group 5.

Group 5

Wendy Empey 14-Jan
Deloris Beck 15-Feb
Melissa Halpain 17-May
Kinsey Shea 20-Jul
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Karla Simmons 24-Dec

Kristin (KAlbrecht):

Hi All -- Many thank to Lisa and Bobbie Joe for signing up for Mailbox Surprises 2013 to fill in for our numerous drop outs.  Also, many thanks to Jacy for taking on two Mailbox Surprise groups.

I think I've sent all of you any new group information but if you didn't get anything, think you might have out-of-date information, or just want an update, let me know and I'll send again.

Otherwise, the Mailbox Surprises 2013 Group Information stands as follows  . . . PLEASE, NO MORE DROP OUTS FROM HERE ON OUT (unless it's an emergency of course).

Thank you to all the Mailbox Surprise 2013 group members for your patience while I worked to balance out the groups.

Group 1

Joyce   Routh 4-Jan
Barbara   Rickman 21-Jan
Bonita   Walters 3-Feb
Jacy   Hughes 13-Feb
Bobbie Joe Klebe 5-Dec
Carolyn   Beaudot 31-Dec

Group 2

Jacy   Hughes 13-Feb
Karen   Hollis 19-Mar
Debbie   Bacon 14-Jun
Kelli   Hubbard 6-Sep
Althea J. Foster 20-Sep
Laura   Casmore 4-Dec

Group 3

Mimi   Hoerr 14-Feb
Candace   Weiss 4-Apr
Sukochi   Lee 15-Jun
Althea J. Foster 20-Sep
Yvonne   Hamilton 5-Dec
Carolyn   Beaudot 31-Dec

Group 4

Brandy  Fossett 17-Feb
Debbie Robertus 6-May
Pat Badder 18-Feb
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Kristin Albrecht 1-Oct
Jean Ricard 19-Dec

Group 5

Wendy Empey 14-Jan
Deloris Beck 15-Feb
Melissa Halpain 17-May
Kinsey Shea 20-Jul
Brigit-Carol Lay 21-Sep
Karla Simmons 24-Dec

Group 6

Debbi L. Mueller 18-Jan
Denise Carriveau 15-Feb
Lisa Fenner 3-Sep
Michelle Heath 14-Nov
Kathy Fritz 4-Dec
Stephanie MacKay 29-Dec

Please be sure to let me know if any problems or questions.

Raleigh, NC

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Wendy :

Brigit-Carol, I was not aware that you were a part of group 5 I have not gotten any info from Kristin on you. could you please  PM me your info. you might want to send it toe everyone in both groups. They may not have your info either.

Wendy, I've PM'd you with the information from Kristin's spreadsheet - what Brigit-Carol provided to Kristin at the beginning of the program. Group 5 ladies, if anyone else is missing Brigit-Carol's information, please message me and I will send it to you as well.

Cheers,  Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Thanks for your kind post, StefiKay.  <3

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Alright, I went ahead and PM'd all the Group 5 ladies just in case.  Karla, I couldn't PM you with Brigit's info, because I already have a pending friend request with you from earlier today, but whenever you accept that, I will send you the information that I sent to the other Group 5 ladies.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 2:46 PM

Sorry, I've been making plum jelly this morning and just checked online while taking a short break...I'm glad you posted the list for Group 5 as this is the last list I received from Kristin:

Mailbox Surprises 2013                  Group 5

Wendy

Empey

14-Jan

Deloris

Beck

15-Feb

Melissa

Halpain

17-May

Kinsey

Shea

20-Jul

Kristin

Albrecht

1-Oct

Karla

Simmons

24-Dec

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105

Yeah, it looks like that was the original list and it got changed at some point.  Some folks did have the updated version and some did not.  I have sent you the current list with Brigit-Carol's address and information in a PM.  

I have never tried plum jelly, but it sounds delicious!  Maybe I should send you my address too... ;)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 3:25 PM

Sukochi:
OK, this is so wrong. I am so sorry I every even thought of this. YOU can merely SEND A CARD. It was your choice to send a "nice fat quarter bundle". I thought this was about giving....not receiving.

My complaint is not about not receiving, but is about making commitments and keeping them.  No one is forcing anyone to join one of these swap groups, etc., and if you have committed and then extenuating circumstances arise that don't allow you to meet your commitments, then let it be known...remove yourself from the group by letting people know that you will be unable to keep your commitments.  Everyone understands and if the others still wish to continue with gifts/cards to you, that is their choice. And, in my opinion, it is only common courtesy to let someone know they have received your card or gift, but obviously the younger generation hasn't been taught that courtesy or just disregards it because it takes so much work to send a thank you note or drop someone a line on FB, QCA , or an email.

Now I will get off of my soap box because I am a firm believer in giving without recompense, but also a firm believer following through on commitments I have made.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 292
Points 5,700
Yvonne replied on Wed, Jul 24 2013 4:19 PM

Exactly, Karla!  More over on that soapbox and give me some space to stand up there with you!  ;-)

Renton Washington

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 10:52 AM

Y'all. I am so sorry for the rant.

I am sick right now and think, how bad  I feel is deeply affecting how I act mentally (very down and worthless) . So let me get this antibiotic for this parasite and I will be back to my sweet (??) self. Scary thought, huh?

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Thu, Jul 25 2013 7:33 PM

Sukochi I saw the report about that parasite and how sick people are from it.  I'm so sorry you have it.  I had salad tonight but I rinsed the life out of all the veggies that I bought in the store.  I hope no one else gets sick from it.  You take care and good luck at the doctors.  I will be praying for you.

Joyce

Page 14 of 18 (258 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use